1964 Ears
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #7,126 of 7,417
  Do they offer free shipping for refits though? I felt ordering through a distributor was tiresome as I needed to repeatedly travel to town, but it was the trade off for the refit policy. 

Not sure, they paid for the impressions, but all up what I paid them I could have paid 64Audio directly for the Qi model

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #7,127 of 7,417

I have a pair of V8's in production now, I'm a little worried that the bass is going to blow out the mid's and highs based on your comments. Any comparison to the Shure SE846? I own a pair of those now.

Hi, I own the V8 and have A/B'd with the SE846 before. I actually think the SE846 has more sub-bass presence, while the V8 has more mid-bass and low mids. In regards to bass bleed, there really isn't any at lower volumes. I only turn the volume up for stage use, and the bass warmth compensates for the outside noise so to me the bass doesn't really overwhelm the mids. Unfortunately with the SE846 I only used one filter and I don't know which one it was, but the treble sounded rolled off and dark in comparison to the V8 (so it might've been the black filters). I personally thought my V8 sounded quite close to the universal Roxanne in terms of sound signature (though I don't know what setting the bass dial was at >_<)

Did u order from a distributer? Or does 1964 not ship to Australian directly?

They do ship to Australia but I also ordered from a distributor (acustoms), since it was less trouble for me. I only had to go to their appointed audiologist for impressions (I didn't have any impressions yet), and they handled the entire shipping process (so they were responsible in case something happens during shipping). I remember the overall price was slightly less compared to shipping the impressions myself.

There was a slight miscommunication issue with my first order. I originally wanted ambient ports and then changed my mind afterwards. When acustoms sent the invoice it didn't have the ambient port option, but when I got the V6 it did have ambient ports. I wasn't charged for it, so it was all good.
  Do they offer free shipping for refits though? I felt ordering through a distributor was tiresome as I needed to repeatedly travel to town, but it was the trade off for the refit policy. 

My V8 needed a refit, and acustoms took care of the shipping. It was also past the 30-day free refit period, but I asked 1964EARS beforehand if I could send them later (I wanted to use them for a church conference).

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #7,128 of 7,417
  Hi, I own the V8 and have A/B'd with the SE846 before. I actually think the SE846 has more sub-bass presence, while the V8 has more mid-bass and low mids. In regards to bass bleed, there really isn't any at lower volumes. I only turn the volume up for stage use, and the bass warmth compensates for the outside noise so to me the bass doesn't really overwhelm the mids. Unfortunately with the SE846 I only used one filter and I don't know which one it was, but the treble sounded rolled off and dark in comparison to the V8 (so it might've been the black filters). I personally thought my V8 sounded quite close to the universal Roxanne in terms of sound signature (though I don't know what setting the bass dial was at >_<)

They do ship to Australia but I also ordered from a distributor (acustoms), since it was less trouble for me. I only had to go to their appointed audiologist for impressions (I didn't have any impressions yet), and they handled the entire shipping process (so they were responsible in case something happens during shipping). I remember the overall price was slightly less compared to shipping the impressions myself.

There was a slight miscommunication issue with my first order. I originally wanted ambient ports and then changed my mind afterwards. When acustoms sent the invoice it didn't have the ambient port option, but when I got the V6 it did have ambient ports. I wasn't charged for it, so it was all good.
My V8 needed a refit, and acustoms took care of the shipping. It was also past the 30-day free refit period, but I asked 1964EARS beforehand if I could send them later (I wanted to use them for a church conference).

I went through A Customs as well. Makes things easier, but just lack of quick communication is frustrating.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #7,130 of 7,417

I went through A Customs as well. Makes things easier, but just lack of quick communication is frustrating.

Yes, I have to agree that communication wasn't the fastest with my first order (I got a V6 and my brother got a V3) back in 2013. When I ordered the V8 in 2014 (and got my V6 reshelled for my dad), I used the impressions on file and didn't ask acustoms for any updates, so the whole process felt easier to me. It took a little over a month for the V8 (coloured canals), whereas the V6 (ambient ports, advanced artwork, aluminum faceplates) took over 2 months.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #7,132 of 7,417

No kidding.. I find it strange for company in a competitive market of CIEMS to be so lax.. I was considering A12 CIEMS for upgrade from ES5 and sent them questions a week ago and no response at all.. If they do this before a sale i can get the feel what they will do once you order. So now i am looking at JH audio, Noble K10 or UE 18 pro. I think they just lost my business 

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #7,133 of 7,417
  No kidding.. I find it strange for company in a competitive market of CIEMS to be so lax.. I was considering A12 CIEMS for upgrade from ES5 and sent them questions a week ago and no response at all.. If they do this before a sale i can get the feel what they will do once you order. So now i am looking at JH audio, Noble K10 or UE 18 pro. I think they just lost my business 

ah, we weren't talking about 1964EARS/64AUDIO. We were talking about ACustoms, which was the Australian dealer where NeObliviscaris and I got our CIEMs from. Though I gotta admit, I really like the K10 and UE18pro.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #7,134 of 7,417

1964 themselves are fantastic, they even have trackign whilst your IEMs are being made - it's the local independant distributor here that are lax.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #7,135 of 7,417

I would just give them a call and then you can decide what is the best for you. Email is not always the best and they are probably swamped with Kickstarter questions and having launched their new line. 

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #7,139 of 7,417
With the new website I can't log on to my account or see the progress. Are they support to email you as the steps progress?

No they won't email the steps unless you specifically ask them the progress of your order.

But for me, I check the progress by clicking at the link they provide us in the order confirmation email.

Thanks, I was able to go to the site, click on the account tab and then had to tab to log in. They are going to quality control next so I hope to see them next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back