1964 Ears
Jan 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #3,616 of 7,417
I've been a headphone person more then iems, though ive had my share of iems, mostly mid end - tf10's , ie8 . didnt really move up the ladder from there, i've always wanted to try customs ever since i registered at head fi lol finally have round 1000$ with me.. i was really considering the 1964 since they have superb service and dont want to be stuck with um / heir as they take ages to get the customs back to you. these will be a pair that im not gonna be upgrading anytime soon.

Bass: The majority of the music I listen to is bass inclined, so I enjoy listening to bass that is good quality and a fair amount of quantity. last iems ive heard is the ie8s .. with the knob at the lowest level - i liked how the bass was. .. i prefer it to be tight and punchy .. not too bloated or boomy - should feel natural as the song intended, not overly emphasized aswell.

Mids: I'm looking for smooth, lush, clear, detailed mids. I do not want the mids to be laid back , what i prefer is a slightly natural, slight forward presentation.

Treble: For treble, I like a smooth, crisp, and sparkly presentation with good clarity, but not extended treble to the point it becomes fatiguing.

-Presentation: the overall presentation should be clear, detailed, punchy, balanced, most importantly just something natural and fun to listen too, this will be my first step into custom iems and i think with the v6 im definately not going wrong, considering its the most bang for the buck iem out there at the moment. i hope this helps you understand where im coming from and what i want, all recomendations and inputs are welcome, thanks alot in advance guys :)

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #3,617 of 7,417
From your description I'd think the V6 might be the way to go.

Disclaimer, of course, is that I haven't heard any of the 1964 Ears models, so I'm just going off of their descriptions. Hopefully others will chime in as well.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #3,618 of 7,417
Not to derail or slight 1964 in any way, but the way folks talk about the Heir 8As makes me think they might be worth both the wait and price...I have the Quads and they're definitely bass monsters (at least to me). The mids and highs are good - neither recessed nor fatiguing. They sound stellar with acoustic music (probably because the bass is more controlled due to the type of instruments that churn out the low frequencies).

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,619 of 7,417
Yeah, it really sounds like toxic and the 8.A would be a match made in heaven . . . Patience is a virtue my friend. And with the discount, you should still be able to choose the rush option and remain close to your $1000 budget.

That said, if you still want 1964, I remember Han Bo Quan comparing the bass of his Denon D7000 to that of the V6, and that's quite a statement.

Other options you might consider are Frogbeats C4 and Aurisonics AS-2

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3,621 of 7,417
hahahhaa u guys are gonna make my wallet run dry, but if u think its worth it. im definately gonna reconsider. reading up more on heir 8 tonight, hopefully their sale lasts a day or two more, i think i can manage.  

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #3,623 of 7,417
i only have 700$ in my a/c right now, unless i use two different credit cards, lol.. ive mailed him about it. if he's cool then will order right away. hoping he replies quick or allows me a later order. lol it will be this or back to the v6 if they jack up the price, have mailed 1964ears a few questions aswell, waiting for them to revert back :D

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #3,624 of 7,417
Well Heir typically let's you place a non-refundable deposit of $200 (iirc) to secure the sale price. So you'd have plenty of time to save a bit more money if need be. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3,625 of 7,417
Quote:
Well Heir typically let's you place a non-refundable deposit of $200 (iirc) to secure the sale price. So you'd have plenty of time to save a bit more money if need be. 

I can confirm that they allow a deport to lock in the sales price. Having said that the v6 looks mighty nice 2. For a portable rig you probably can not go wrong either way.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3,626 of 7,417
Quote:
i only have 700$ in my a/c right now, unless i use two different credit cards, lol.. ive mailed him about it. if he's cool then will order right away. hoping he replies quick or allows me a later order. lol it will be this or back to the v6 if they jack up the price, have mailed 1964ears a few questions aswell, waiting for them to revert back :D

Though you should be prepared to spend over the cost of the CIEMs+Impressions+shipping. If you are unlucky and get a bad fit, the shipping back and forth will be a pain. 1964 Ears should be easier shipping wise (unless you're living outside the US, which in that case both will have this problem). Just something to consider, because it seems that you're a bit tight on money.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #3,627 of 7,417
Quote:
Though you should be prepared to spend over the cost of the CIEMs+Impressions+shipping. If you are unlucky and get a bad fit, the shipping back and forth will be a pain. 1964 Ears should be easier shipping wise (unless you're living outside the US, which in that case both will have this problem). Just something to consider, because it seems that you're a bit tight on money.

do not forget the import duties on foreign products

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #3,628 of 7,417
i dont mind a non refundable deposit, but how do i go about it?

i live in india, so its the same both ways. ive mailed both, havent got a reply yet, just pm'd heir aswell, waiting for them to revert back, ive got my impressions done already so as soon as i place the order, they will ship out, shipping is not an issue. it wont be something i cant manage, i had ordered a hd25-1 II locally which was out of stock so just waiting for the refund money to turn up into my a/c.. it should this coming week and then im good to go.

as for duties i hope they low value it.. if not ill get it shipped to a friend in the u.s who will then ship it out to me and mark it as a gift. i have a p.o box in the u.s so all shipments r fwd'd to me in india. cant wait to order :D

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #3,629 of 7,417
Unless EQ'ed V6 and D7000 bass have nothing in common. Just wanted to put that out there. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #3,630 of 7,417
Quote:
i dont mind a non refundable deposit, but how do i go about it?

i live in india, so its the same both ways. ive mailed both, havent got a reply yet, just pm'd heir aswell, waiting for them to revert back, ive got my impressions done already so as soon as i place the order, they will ship out, shipping is not an issue. it wont be something i cant manage, i had ordered a hd25-1 II locally which was out of stock so just waiting for the refund money to turn up into my a/c.. it should this coming week and then im good to go.

as for duties i hope they low value it.. if not ill get it shipped to a friend in the u.s who will then ship it out to me and mark it as a gift. i have a p.o box in the u.s so all shipments r fwd'd to me in india. cant wait to order :D

I think having it shipped to your friend is the best bet. There may be some legal issues if they were to lowball the value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back