1964 EARS V6 Thread
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #61 of 931
Hi goodvibes. We shall see. I am a basshead, but not a devout one. I can appreciate other sound signature. Remember, I loved the e-q7. there are some neutral sounding IEMs I can get into, as long as my need for bass is fed somewhere else.

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #62 of 931
So, I'm curious. what are some head.fiers suggestions on how exactly should the 1964-V6 be tuned to satisfy the massive audiophile community? I know we all have our own ideas, but I want to see how many common threads there are in suggestions.

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #63 of 931
It's tought to speak for the community at large, since no 2 listeners are ever after the exact same thing. To share my own thoughts, what I look for is an on-stage presence, opposed to in-crowd. I like a signature that's intimate and ever so slightly warm (vs. bright). I'm not a treble enthusiast, and much rather prefer for the treble to be netral, with respect to the rest of the spectrum, than for it to be recessed. I prefer the mids to be slightly more forward than the rest of the spectrum (maybe not as apparent as the SM3/SE535, yet halfway in between the 2 aforementioned and a neutral point), as it's where my attention is almost always drawn to throughout the track. To my ears, the mids are the most important aspect of the signature. Again, this is to my ears alone, and not a matter of debate. I love a good bass impact, so long as it doesn't crowd out the mids or steal the show altogether. While many universals offer great quality, there's always a clear distinction in terms of quantity. With that in mind, I prefer a balance between the two, and like for the lows to be both heard AND felt. Makes listening that much more fun and exciting for my ears! Just my thoughts.
smile.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #64 of 931

X2
Quote:
It's tought to speak for the community at large, since no 2 listeners are ever after the exact same thing. To share my own thoughts, what I look for is an on-stage presence, opposed to in-crowd. I like a signature that's intimate and ever so slightly warm (vs. bright). I'm not a treble enthusiast, and much rather prefer for the treble to be netral, with respect to the rest of the spectrum, than for it to be recessed. I prefer the mids to be slightly more forward than the rest of the spectrum (maybe not as apparent as the SM3/SE535, yet halfway in between the 2 aforementioned and a neutral point), as it's where my attention is almost always drawn to throughout the track. To my ears, the mids are the most important aspect of the signature. Again, this is to my ears alone, and not a matter of debate. I love a good bass impact, so long as it doesn't crowd out the mids or steal the show altogether. While many universals offer great quality, there's always a clear distinction in terms of quantity. With that in mind, I prefer a balance between the two, and like for the lows to be both heard AND felt. Makes listening that much more fun and exciting for my ears! Just my thoughts.
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #66 of 931
x3. A little more treble sparkle than the quads would also work for me. I sometimes like to hear that triangle hit with that sweet sparkle and a bit of the sweet and lingering decay of it. Gives me that kind of feeling when someone hits the triangle and drifts off as they listen to how it sounds and sort of stays in your head.

Quote:
smile.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #67 of 931

Quote:
So, I have some updated information from the good people of 1964 EARS for those of you wondering about an upgrade to the soon-to-be released six-drivers customs audiophile IEM. This is from Vitaliy (the main guy in charge at 1964 EARS):

[size=11pt]"For the 6 driver, “upgrading” will be offered in the sense of a discount to previous customers, because the new design will use an all NEW driver design, and none from the quad or triple models will be usable.[/size]"

There you have your answer @ guys and girls. Your current models won't be able to be upgraded by adding drivers. Just thought I would let you know.
beerchug.gif

I wonder how much the discount will be.  I'm glad they're trying to retain their customer base.

I seriously thought I'd just stick to only one custom, but if the price is right and if it really is more geared towards audiophiles, I'd be mighty tempted to get one, especially since I've found that as the temperature gets hotter, I've been using customs considerably more than wearing any circumaural or superaural headphones.

ericp10, if you ever get your hands on any of the graphs, would be great if you can post them up.  I'm curious how they stack up against the Triples and the Quads.

Cheers for the information.  Please keep up posted on any new developments!

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #68 of 931

Quote:
So, I'm curious. what are some head.fiers suggestions on how exactly should the 1964-V6 be tuned to satisfy the massive audiophile community? I know we all have our own ideas, but I want to see how many common threads there are in suggestions.

Imaging, timbre, tonal accuracy, DBA clarity and massive transparency (both definitions).  All you need is a Piano, Drum Kit, some brass and a female vocalist and you should be set.  Hell, give me a DBA-02 treble, EX1000 bass and ES5 mids and everything else.  

Make some crazy SM3 SS and I'm out. 

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #69 of 931
Thanks for the kind words @ Region2. Definitely, as more information is released I will definitely keep the post updated. As for graphs, I don't think they have settled on how the 1964-V6 will be tuned quite  just yet. My understanding is that they are being very meticulous in deciding what will be the right sound to appeal the consumer market, yet truly represent the 1964 EARS house sound. Thanks again for your words.

Quote:

I wonder how much the discount will be.  I'm glad they're trying to retain their customer base.

I seriously thought I'd just stick to only one custom, but if the price is right and if it really is more geared towards audiophiles, I'd be mighty tempted to get one, especially since I've found that as the temperature gets hotter, I've been using customs considerably more than wearing any circumaural or superaural headphones.

ericp10, if you ever get your hands on any of the graphs, would be great if you can post them up.  I'm curious how they stack up against the Triples and the Quads.

Cheers for the information.  Please keep up posted on any new developments!

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #70 of 931

Quote:
Imaging, timbre, tonal accuracy, DBA clarity and massive transparency (both definitions).  All you need is a Piano, Drum Kit, some brass and a female vocalist and you should be set.  Hell, give me a DBA-02 treble, EX1000 bass and ES5 mids and everything else.  

Make some crazy SM3 SS and I'm out. 

Timbre will be very important to me. I felt that the quads came close to some of the best timbre qualities of the FX700.  I would love the mid-drums and percussion clarity of the e-Q7. The treble was pretty much the only thing I liked in the DBA-02 (hated the mids and the bass). Still waiting the EX1000 (EX600), and I've heard how great the ES5 mids are. 1964 EARS definitely should keep its own wonderful bass.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #72 of 931
Check in with us @ 1964 EARS and let us know every now and then how progress is coming, please? 

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #74 of 931

Quote:
Any news on the 6 drivers?

Not yet. I asked a few weeks ago and they told me they are still working on it. I'll try to get some sort of update up by the end of this week or sometime next week.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #75 of 931
Please keep the great bass response but add some treble sparkle.  I will definitely get a pair if that's the case. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back