1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jan 28, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #7,712 of 9,124
Meant to say, I need Spotify / Tidal streaming. I haven't downloaded music in 3+ years now.

iBasso DX200 looks great. Pretty darn expensive though

DX200 is extremely good, being compared to the likes of PAW Gold and other higher-tier players, I think we even had one member mentioning they prefer it over their Chord Hugo. There's a small delay in availability atm possibly until after Chinese new year (first batch sold out) but I have a unit here and its a kick ass machine. Makes my AK300 at the same price a joke.

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #7,713 of 9,124
Hey there 64'ers,

I posted in this thread a few weeks ago, wanting to try a different 64 model than my U4SE and I was able to get my hands on a gorgeous pair of U8s with S1 modules. 

The only other time in my head-fi journey that I've looked forward to listening to a piece of kit this much was when I first paired my Grado RS1 with a MAD Ear+ HD amp. The sound is simply incredible!

The U8 has a nice full, punchy low end that doesn't bloat or overshadow the midrange. Mids are rich and vocal timbre is just killer. Love the way male vocals sound in particular. And to be honest, the impressions regarding the U8 having a too-relaxed treble had me a little worried, but I have to say, 64 has struck a perfect balance between detail and non-fatigue. I hear plenty of plankton, but it's never being forced down my throat. 

I really don't have any desire to upgrade whatsoever (if you look the gear in the 'Had' section of my profile, you can see that such a phenomenon is rare for me!)

Just wanted to drop in my .02.

Joe

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #7,716 of 9,124
Where are you buying those from? Can't find anywhere

X5iii?  It's too new and not available in US yet.   You can also get X7, right now on Amazon in different configuration bundles with THIS one being probably among the best for $459 including X7 + balanced AM3 amp module + Dignis leather case.  DX200 is excellent as well, but it's brand new and not available in US yet.

In terms of pair up, obviously a matter of personal taste, where I prefer to "brighten" the sound of U6 and to my ears X5iii is more on a smoother, warmer, more musical side, thus I find DX200 and X7 to have a better pair up synergy.

You know that FiiO going to be at CanJam in this Sat/Sun in NYC, more reasons for you to consider visiting it, so you can test x5iii and x7.  Who knows, maybe they will be selling some at the show.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #7,717 of 9,124

X5iii?  It's too new and not available in US yet.   You can also get X7, right now on Amazon in different configuration bundles with THIS one being probably among the best for $459 including X7 + balanced AM3 amp module + Dignis leather case.  DX200 is excellent as well, but it's brand new and not available in US yet.

In terms of pair up, obviously a matter of personal taste, where I prefer to "brighten" the sound of U6 and to my ears X5iii is more on a smoother, warmer, more musical side, thus I find DX200 and X7 to have a better pair up synergy.

You know that FiiO going to be at CanJam in this Sat/Sun in NYC, more reasons for you to consider visiting it, so you can test x5iii and x7.  Who knows, maybe they will be selling some at the show.

Alex how does the U12 pair with the Opus #2 in your opinion?

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #7,718 of 9,124

Yeah, I'd like to hear it in his own words, too.

I found the Opus #1 to be one of the best pairing for the U12. Even better than my AK, due to that excellent Opus treble.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #7,719 of 9,124

I know it's a long read, but when you scroll down to Pair Up section of my Opus#2 review HERE, I included notes of pair up with U12. I made it a habit to include U12 in pair up section of all my DAP reviews
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #7,720 of 9,124
how much does it cost to make a reshell of a 64audio adel A6, if I want to sell it?

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #7,721 of 9,124
64 Audio is new to me I have never tried their product, and I am interested in one of their product U12 and maybe next month I will auditioning them. But after I have read that they're changing the module, now they using Apex module and no longer offering Adel module on all of their product. I was wondering, do this changes of module affect the sound quality of their product? Or is it just more about health concerns instead of sound quality. maybe somebody can give me some explanation, thanks.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #7,723 of 9,124
  64 Audio is new to me I have never tried their product, and I am interested in one of their product U12 and maybe next month I will auditioning them. But after I have read that they're changing the module, now they using Apex module and no longer offering Adel module on all of their product. I was wondering, do this changes of module affect the sound quality of their product? Or is it just more about health concerns instead of sound quality. maybe somebody can give me some explanation, thanks.

The ADEL tech is far superior to many people here. I have ADEL u12 and absolutely love them, but haven't heard the Apex stuff. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #7,724 of 9,124

The ADEL tech is far superior to many people here. I have ADEL u12 and absolutely love them, but haven't heard the Apex stuff. 

Okay, is Adel also superior compare to Apex, sound quality wise? Or they're not affecting the sound at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back