1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #3,961 of 9,124
Hey guys just wanted to remind you that this is still going on for this month. If you were already planning on making an order, we're offering you 15% off your order, if you just take the time to write an unbiased review and post it up on 3 spots (or 2 plus your social media). With the A & U series being so new, we're just trying to get the reviews out there for people to see, when they're comparing IEMs to see which works best for their needs.

64 Audio released the A-Series and U-Series In-Ear Monitors (IEMs) featuring the revolutionary ADEL Technology to an overwhelming success. The fidelity of sound quality greatly improved due to the ADEL technology absorbing the pneumatic air pressures and allowing your ears to hear music safely, like never before. The sonic quality and larger than life sound stage results in detail and instrument separation like you’ve never heard before!

Are you an Audio Enthusiast who is in the market for high quality earphones that not only produce the worlds best sound but also protect your hearing? During the month of March 2016, 64 Audio would like to offer special pricing to Audio Enthusiasts and Audiophiles that purchase the IEMs and write a honest, unbiased review on the A-Series or U-Series models. Please fill out our quick contact form and a rep will reach out to you shortly.

http://www.64audio.com/apply (Select the Audio Enthusiast option)

We look forward to working with you and hearing your feedback on the revolutionary ADEL technology!

If you have further questions, please contact steve@64audio.com or call 503-746-8510 Ext. 67

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #3,962 of 9,124
I've had a good few months with the A12 now, and have been comparing them with my K10s. They look fantastic and fit perfectly. I prefer the feel of them to the K10 - they are much smaller and lighter.  In my opinion, however, the K10s beat them in every sonic department. The K10s sound more open, accurate and balanced.

For now.

I suspect that I'm in need of the manual module, because I am not hearing what others are. My A12s are not airy and balanced, as others suggest. Much of the sound of my A12s is hidden behind the bass and the overall presentation is congested. 

The thing is, when I remove the modules and partially cover the holes with my fingers I can almost hear the potential; I get a flavour of how they are supposed to sound.

Does anyone know when the manual modules will be available? I'm itching to get my hands on them, because for now my A12s are back in their box.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #3,963 of 9,124
@Canyon Runner
BTW, what's the process on the MAM?
Steven said they've started shipping them on Monday, so I guess everything's going well?

Also, there's a question that I've be thinking about the ADEL modules that I'd like to ask you.
According to what Asius says, the acoustic reflex lowers the volume to protect your hearing, but some turn up the volume louder, thus ending in a disastrous cycle. I was wondering since the ADEL tech absorbs the pneumatic pressure and "prevents"(not sure if this is the suitable word) the acoustic reflex from triggering, what IF we were listening at a higher volume and we felt careless because we thought that we had the ADEL in our ears thinking we were far away from harm? If the acoustic reflex doesn't trigger wouldn't we lose our last barrier to the harmful loud noise?

The thought just came across my mind and I was wondering if you could shed some light or give us a little explanation.
Thanks for all the info you share. :)

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #3,964 of 9,124
  I've had a good few months with the A12 now, and have been comparing them with my K10s. They look fantastic and fit perfectly. I prefer the feel of them to the K10 - they are much smaller and lighter.  In my opinion, however, the K10s beat them in every sonic department. The K10s sound more open, accurate and balanced.

For now.

I suspect that I'm in need of the manual module, because I am not hearing what others are. My A12s are not airy and balanced, as others suggest. Much of the sound of my A12s is hidden behind the bass and the overall presentation is congested. 

The thing is, when I remove the modules and partially cover the holes with my fingers I can almost hear the potential; I get a flavour of how they are supposed to sound.

Does anyone know when the manual modules will be available? I'm itching to get my hands on them, because for now my A12s are back in their box.

I can tell you with certainty and from experience of using A12, you will benefit from MAM module to tame down the low end.  And once that adjustment happens, sound becomes more balanced and gives more room for mids and treble to shine. 

Now, regarding comparison to K10, I have my hands now on K10UA (rose gold edition) and find U12 having a wider/deeper/taller soundstage, depth and height by a little margin while width noticeably more.  U12 eartip selection and MAM adjustment allows you to tune the sound signature to be more balanced, but tonality is still warm and smooth.  K10UA is a little v-shaped (switching to a pure copper cable you get more balanced mids) and it's just leaner and brighter and crispier because of its tuning and higher definition thanks to 6kHz peak and better treble extension and boost around 15kHz which gives you more airiness. 

Both are great IEMs and at the top of their game, but they are tuned differently and in my opinion it comes down to a personal taste to determine which sound sig suites you better.  And as much as I'm enjoying both of them, I can listen to U12 for hours, while need to take breaks listening to K10UA.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #3,966 of 9,124
I had the K10 customs and sold them after I had gotten the A12's. 

I found the soundstage (and bass of course) better on the A12's. However like Wilderbeast said, a lot of the sound is hidden behind the bass. I'm hoping the manual module solves this. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #3,967 of 9,124
That's the frustrating thing - I can hear how good they could potentially be.

So, how are people getting their hands on this module when it's not on sale yet??

Couple of us have the prototype modules for testing and to assist writing early impressions / reviews.

Mar 10, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #3,968 of 9,124
I see. I look forward to reading a bit more about them and hope they are released soon.

I'm the meantime, if there are any spare prototypes floating around I'd be happy to give them a listen and a full write-up...

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #3,969 of 9,124
How is the bass quantity on the A12 compared to the IE80? I am sure it must be way ahead in terms of quality. But does it drown out the details with its bass like the IE80 does?

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #3,970 of 9,124
Look like ADEL tech still got some improvement room to grow as far as sound quality. Is it wise to wait for the 2nd gen instead? I'm curious how the A8 compares to UERR. I hope 64 audio does reshell services as that would give me confidence to buy knowing I can sell my ciem later, albeit at a significant loss.

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,971 of 9,124
Look like ADEL tech still got some improvement room to grow as far as sound quality. Is it wise to wait for the 2nd gen instead? I'm curious how the A8 compares to UERR. I hope 64 audio does reshell services as that would give me confidence to buy knowing I can sell my ciem later, albeit at a significant loss.

Nah. It has gotten excellent reviews. I like it better the Roxannes and K10.

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #3,972 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner
BTW, what's the process on the MAM?
Steven said they've started shipping them on Monday, so I guess everything's going well?

Also, there's a question that I've be thinking about the ADEL modules that I'd like to ask you.
According to what Asius says, the acoustic reflex lowers the volume to protect your hearing, but some turn up the volume louder, thus ending in a disastrous cycle. I was wondering since the ADEL tech absorbs the pneumatic pressure and "prevents"(not sure if this is the suitable word) the acoustic reflex from triggering, what IF we were listening at a higher volume and we felt careless because we thought that we had the ADEL in our ears thinking we were far away from harm? If the acoustic reflex doesn't trigger wouldn't we lose our last barrier to the harmful loud noise?

The thought just came across my mind and I was wondering if you could shed some light or give us a little explanation.
Thanks for all the info you share. :)

You can still hurt your ears even with ADEL if you're careless. It's not an end-all-be-all fix for protecting your hearing, but it certainly helps. The damage of pneumatic pressure is something that no other company has even acknowledged, let alone worked to prevent.

Sorta like a car with traction control, you can still crash if you try, but it definitely helps keep you out of most hairy positions.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #3,974 of 9,124
If there's something that sounds better than A12, that's news to me and I'll definitely try to hear it next weekend at CanJam SoCal. The only contender that comes to mind is the K10 and that's a distant second to my ears.

If you are going to be the spokes person for 64 Audio on headfi, these are the kind of statements that are inappropriate from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back