1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 4, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #3,886 of 9,124
Actually I find their customer service very good. However with that said, I usually call them. They do respond to my emails as well though.

I know you're in Japan, but maybe it's worth giving them a quick call on Monday. Maybe something fell through the cracks.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #3,887 of 9,124
Update: edit cos issue resolved

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,888 of 9,124

Are you an Audio Enthusiast who is in the market for high quality earphones that not only produce the worlds best sound but also protect your hearing? During the month of March 2016, 64 Audio would like to offer special pricing to Audio Enthusiasts and Audiophiles that purchase the IEMs and write a honest, unbiased review on the A-Series or U-Series models. Please fill out our quick contact form and a rep will reach out to you shortly.

I have just submitted an application. Was about to pull the trigger for an A12 at a Singaporean dealer when I saw this. Hope to receive a favorable reply. A12 tested very positively with me.

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #3,889 of 9,124
are there any comparisons between A12 and K10 ?

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #3,890 of 9,124
Mar 5, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #3,891 of 9,124
in my books the u12 with adel tech is end game, not because it sounds so dam good, but also the aspect of protecting my hearing is something any audiophile should take in consideration, thats why I will only buy iems that have or will have adel tech in them

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #3,892 of 9,124
  in my books the u12 with adel tech is end game, not because it sounds so dam good, but also the aspect of protecting my hearing is something any audiophile should take in consideration, thats why I will only buy iems that have or will have adel tech in them

Not to get into a debate but I still don't buy the save your hearing thing, and I do have the A12's.

There maybe something to pressure, but loud noise is loud noise.  A rock concert, a leaf blower, a chainsaw, a car race, etc, etc, are loud and could potentially could affect your hearing with prolonged listening, and there is no pressure involved at all since it is not stuck in your ear.

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,893 of 9,124

Not to get into a debate but I still don't buy the save your hearing thing, and I do have the A12's.

There maybe something to pressure, but loud noise is loud noise.  A rock concert, a leaf blower, a chainsaw, a car race, etc, etc, are loud and could potentially could affect your hearing with prolonged listening, and there is no pressure involved at all since it is not stuck in your ear.

you might be correct, but i will give 64audio the benefit of doubt and believe their message

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #3,896 of 9,124
Originally Posted by ken6217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is an excellent point. I never thought of it. But now that I am giving this more thought, I came up with this analogy.

Consider our eyes: Long exposure to high intensity light such as laser beam or flash from cameras (not that we will stare into these for long periods of time, but just an example of high intensity light sources) can lead to loss of eyesight. Starring at screens of smartphones or laptops (that are no way close to the brightness of the above 2 cases) for many hours a day can affect our eye sight as well. Not that it will lead to immediate loss of vision. But rather a gradual detrimental effect.

May be the chainsaws/race cars are like laser/flashes. And the IEMs/earphones are like smartphone/laptop screens. 

Just thinking out loud.

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,897 of 9,124

Well, from the ADEL video I watched, it says that the pneumatic pressure causes the ear drum to vibrate excessively (usually happens as a result of loud sounds, e.g. explosions), which creates listening fatigue, and also more importantly triggers a natural defence of the body to lower volume. Therefore, IEMs without ADEL you will be tempted to increase volume. That's what I learned from the video :p

But more importantly, I really do feel less pressure in my ears wearing my U12 than my s-em6!

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #3,898 of 9,124
well then let me share this, before i used to get slight ringing from listening to iems, now honestly i do not get this ringing in my ears anymore

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,899 of 9,124
  well then let me share this, before i used to get slight ringing from listening to iems, now honestly i do not get this ringing in my ears anymore

Never had ringing with any IEMs, but I listen at moderate volume, you must listen a bit high don't you ?
... I did experience listening fatigue though, not with the U12 (but the pressure balanced Flare R2 Pro did that too, different tech same idea).

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,900 of 9,124

Never had ringing with any IEMs, but I listen at moderate volume, you must listen a bit high don't you ?
... I did experience listening fatigue though, not with the U12 (but the pressure balanced Flare R2 Pro did that too, different tech same idea).

with u12 on my ak380 with amp i go up to 80 out of 150 on high gain i dont know if its too high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back