1500 posts, and here's what I think...
Dec 13, 2008 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Jaska

Headphoneus Supremus
So it's my fifteen hundredth post, and I thought I'd take a minute to thank the Head-Fi community for being such an active and supportive group of people. When I finally got around to creating an account on Head-Fi, I never would have imagined (at that time) getting this involved in my smalltime audio hobby.

Since joining Head-Fi, I have really had a great time reading your posts and keeping up with various topics of interest to me here. At the moment, I'm pretty satisfied with my headphone-related setup, and am finally directing a bit more time and energy to hunting down some rare and out-of-production CDs I'd like to add to my collection. This makes me pretty happy, since I know I'm focusing on music and getting enjoyment from it without feeling too constrained by gear-related matters.

In closing, I'd once again like to thank YOU for playing an ongoing role in giving me so many interesting things to read and think about, and for putting a grin (and sometimes even a big smile) on my face just about every time I log in.

End of cheesy (yet still sincere) post #1500.

Jaska

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 16
Nice. I am new here so what I think and say around here probably has no weight but I agree with your sentiment. The more I log on here the more I like it. I know there are other forums out there dedicated to the same topic but I have yet to venture out to check them out and really don't feel the need to. I like it here and for the most part everyone is very friendly and new guy accepting.

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This makes me pretty happy, since I know I'm focusing on music and getting enjoyment from it without feeling too constrained by gear-related matters.

Amen!

Congratulations on the milestone, and may the next 1500 not hurt your wallet much more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everyone is very friendly and new guy accepting.

Friendly place indeed, and new guy-accepting even when the new guy might be from Morgantown, so long as his car's handbrake is in good working order
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 16
Haha. A good handbrake is a must in Mo-town, that's for sure.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
may the next 1500 not hurt your wallet much more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, and about the "walletary" aches and pains, I really think that I'd worry more about having spent the same money on other things I didn't actually "need." In my case, I think that the modest amount of money I've spent has gone to a "decent cause."

P.S. If I happen to start spending more time reading about music on Head-Fi, the next 1500 posts very well could cost me more than the first 1500.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

, I really think that I'd worry more about having spent the same money on other things I didn't actually "need." In my case, I think that the modest amount of money I've spent has gone to a "decent cause."

Ain't it true brotha, truth if I e'r heard it.
Much gear is kinda "recycled" here also, in a manner of speaking.

Dec 14, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 16
Nice to hear that you enjoy spending time around here. You are certainly not the only one.
Congratulations with the milestone!
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #10 of 16
U can start posting on the 'Headphoneus Supremus' forum now like me.

wink.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #11 of 16
This sure is a great place and I agree with the statement everyone is very friendly and new guy accepting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats Jaska! enjoy your music collection.

Thanks! I'm already fearful of what the next 1500 posts will cost me. I admit to staying up until 3 AM buying CDs, and I've got a few more on the list for today
redface.gif

It's spiraling out of control, and I need help!

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #15 of 16
Congratulations, Jaska :]

Quote:

In closing, I'd once again like to thank YOU for playing an ongoing role in giving me so many interesting things to read and think about, and for putting a grin (and sometimes even a big smile) on my face just about every time I log in.

I love this forum for the same reason, there's always something interesting going on and the community is so nice, mature and willing to help. Cheers to everyone on here! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back