~$150 IEM's for EDM (Hifiman RE262, TF10, VSonic GR07)
Aug 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #16 of 21
The TF10 has varying degrees of comfort. I personally think they're a perfect fit, but a lot of people hate their fit.

I'll also throw in the Monster Miles Davis Tributes -- I believe they're still $99 refurbished from Monster's outlet. Great price for them, very bass-heavy sound which should be good for electronic/dubstep.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 21
TF10 is really good for EDM, it's really just plug and play for those genres. Comfort is not bad and isolation is decent as long as you can get a good fit.
They are not the most durable out there though, kinda need to be babied a little bit.

I think the GR07 works well even if just direct from the Sansa Clip+, since the Clip+ is a bit warm and bassy while being fairly powerful. I don't think the GR07 needs much power, but people who find them not bassy enough can also boost the bass and warmth with a warm, bassy, bodied, and impactful amplifier.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
If you add an amp to GRO7 the competition gets closer sensitivity wise, with some EQ from an amp like E11 dynamics really improve though without an amp GRO7 won't sound it's best imo requiring a lot more volume to reach suitable listneing levels from your player, and for rocking out levels?

I must say I've listened exclusively to my GR07s thru a DragonFly and have been quite impressed with them (about 20 hours in now).  Tried the headphone out on my MBA and am not a fan... too thin in the bass and a bit toppy and collapsed.  This observation flips when using the EPH-100s... prefer them out of the MBA's hp out, they sound somewhat bloated down low and have too much of a warm push, everything is a bit smeared sounding and congested.

With the DF these are godly with EDM - they have an uncanny speed and layering to the sound that makes things sound quite amazing.  Might like them more than the EPH-100 in fact.  Never tried the TF so take this FWIW, just adding that these indeed respond well to a good source/amp.  They have a somewhat high impedance (for an IEM) of 50 ohms.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #19 of 21
I have listen to both GR07 and TF10 (TF 10 is the first IEM I have owened). The bass is as different as the bass between amature drive and dynamic drive. Not sure how to describe the difference, you can say that BA do give more control on response, but dynamics just sounds more nature on the lower end. 

Both TF10 and GR07 are dark cans compare to my EX700 and other "detailed" IEMs which do result a lot of sibilance in the genres you have mentioned above. 
Be aware though, if you are a bass head, and want more impact on bass, go for TF10. Even with direct output from ipod touch, the bass is still very strong and good. However, if you want more sparking on the high side, you may want to checkout GR07, cause it has a much nature response on the high side. 

It is always the best to hear it before you pull your trigger. But some phone require longer burn in than others. Not only burn in to the driver, also let the sound signature burn in to your head too. The first time I got my UM Miracle, I just think there is no bass on the IEM. However, now I just cannot hear any other IEMs anymore~~~~~

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 21
I must say I've listened exclusively to my GR07s thru a DragonFly and have been quite impressed with them (about 20 hours in now).  Tried the headphone out on my MBA and am not a fan... too thin in the bass and a bit toppy and collapsed.  This observation flips when using the EPH-100s... prefer them out of the MBA's hp out, they sound somewhat bloated down low and have too much of a warm push, everything is a bit smeared sounding and congested.

With the DF these are godly with EDM - they have an uncanny speed and layering to the sound that makes things sound quite amazing.  Might like them more than the EPH-100 in fact.  Never tried the TF so take this FWIW, just adding that these indeed respond well to a good source/amp.  They have a somewhat high impedance (for an IEM) of 50 ohms.

Totally agree bobeau, totally. My best listening experiences with GRO7 have all been amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back