13 years old, Now trying to find an amp! Headphones have been found!
Oct 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #17 of 392

Quote:
why why why why why do you find them boring.  why

Because they're flat, nonmusical, unentertaining and just plain BORING. That's why.

Quote:
Flat response headphones can sound boring to some especially when your used to a little color.

Oh, I realize this but I manage to have several phones that measure quite flat yet are entertaining to listen to. The Shure's are not IMO.

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #19 of 392

Quote:
Hey all,

New to all this stuff, please welcome me lol.

I found a somewhat old pioneer cassette deck and amp. Family has never used it. Don't know anything about it (will ask in another thread) and I'm trying to find some decent headphones for home listening, I listen to all kinds of different music, from Philip Glass to Daft Punk to Jimi Hendrix. I'll be happy with really any headphone/earbud/IEM, etc, but I don't want any noise cancelling/sound isolating headphones. I'd also like it to be durable (I built a gaming computer, may ragequit often), removable cables would be nice but not necessary. Please, nothing above 200 dollars.

BTW I think the sleek sa7 looks beyond shmexeh, but I cant get it
frown.gif

I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the question being asked.. but does anyone else have a hard time believing this person is 13 years old considering the grammar being used?

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #20 of 392

Quote:
Hey all,

New to all this stuff, please welcome me lol.

I found a somewhat old pioneer cassette deck and amp. Family has never used it. Don't know anything about it (will ask in another thread) and I'm trying to find some decent headphones for home listening, I listen to all kinds of different music, from Philip Glass to Daft Punk to Jimi Hendrix. I'll be happy with really any headphone/earbud/IEM, etc, but I don't want any noise cancelling/sound isolating headphones. I'd also like it to be durable (I built a gaming computer, may ragequit often), removable cables would be nice but not necessary. Please, nothing above 200 dollars.

BTW I think the sleek sa7 looks beyond shmexeh, but I cant get it
frown.gif

Considering your eclectic taste in music, do yourself a favor and introduce yourself a set of sub $200 Grados and immerse yourself in quality sound at a reasonable price. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #22 of 392

Quote:
I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the question being asked.. but does anyone else have a hard time believing this person is 13 years old considering the grammar being used?

He still uses immature lingo, like "smexcheh." It's fine though, since he's only thirteen. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #23 of 392

Quote:

When I was 13...a whole two years ago..I'm pretty sure I was smarter than I am today. Almost 100% sure that my learning capacity is diminishing on its own..probably because all of the time I spend doing stupid things O.o

Btw .. I recommend getting the 555s or some of the lower end grados. IMO since you don't know if your amp works well, I would stick to headphones that are easy to drive.Also considering that you built a gaming computer, I assume you want a headphone with a good soundstage for your games. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 392
For God's sake people, stop acting like a bunch of weirdos! You're scaring the kid off. Just give him some links to some decent cans. Jeez. 
tongue_smile.gif

If you want a closed, isolating, over the ear headphone I say go with the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Great sound, good price, allround performer. Great for most genres, not perfect for gaming. If you're looking for an open over the ear headphone that sounds great with games or classical/piano/jazz/light electronic you could look into the Audio Technica AD700. Great soundstage, very comfortable but won't get you any chicks and is pretty basslight. Another great and cheap-ish option is the Jays V-Jays. Nice and open, great design, positive reviews.

Check out this article over at Headfonia on portable headphones and this one on closed headphones for starters. Try to find a headphone that doesn't require an amplifier per sé. You will get into this later anyway if you stick around here long enough. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #27 of 392
if you want to use your can in public aswell then stay away from open headphones! No isolation, annoyance, and deaf ears 20 years later when your cells start weakening, cause you will compensate outside noise with higher volume (you wont realize that).

+1 M50, you can use it on your ipod/mobile aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back