12v power supply for Exasound E20
Feb 25, 2014 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

turo91

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought an Exasound E20 and i'm very happy with it, it sound great in my setup, but I want to change the 12v power supply with a better one.
I can't build it by myself, so what power supply do you advise for me?

May 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 7
  with regards to improvement over stock can you explain the improvements? thanks…

I have exasound e20 mkIII .082fs clock with teddy pardo 12/2 power supply. Noticeable improvement over stock ps.

I would also be interested in specific comments on the improvements over the stock wall ps unit.
PM sent to tgx78

May 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 7

I would also be interested in specific comments on the improvements over the stock wall ps unit.
PM sent to tgx78

I've bought the Teddy
There is some improvements but not so noticeable .
There are other solution that cost less with the same results like the Zetagi FT146

May 27, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #7 of 7
  with regards to improvement over stock can you explain the improvements? thanks…

I feel Teddy Pardo is a great investment for e20, but this is only part of the equation..

I have a very resolving system and i knew right away TP made a very positive improvement on e20 in terms of soundstage depth and bass weight, but I didn't stop there.
This incremental improvement becomes much more apparent and audible as you invest additional $$ to clean out AC line noises.
Personally I am in very old building with a terrible power grid, so I now have 6 PS Audio Noise Harvesters, couple of very high quality power cords attached to the Synergistic Research
Tesla Plex SE AC receptacle -> Blue Circle Audio PLC Thingee -> Pangea AC-14XL -> Teddy Pardo -> e20.
As well, battery powered ifi iusb feeding clean usb power to the e20 made it sing like no other DAC I've ever tried (sans Chord Hugo).

I also tried many different interconnects from my e20 to monoblocks and settled in with the amazing High Fidelity CT-1E ( I used to own CT-1U - $4900 ICs, but reluctantly sold them due to unforeseen financial reasons) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back