$1200 to spend for the T1
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

realmassy

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,
I've recently placed an order for the new T1, and I'm now thinking about the rig I could use with them.
Right now I've a fully balanced rig, with the LD DAC_I, MKVII and a DT880. I'm tempted to sell everything and try a tube setup (which I never owned).
Now, assuming I can sell everything and add $200, how would you spend those money?
I'll keep my squeezebox duet as transport, and then I'd need a dac and a amp. Or I can use the internal DAC of the squeezebox for a few months (a year?), and then upgrade to a better DAC. Or I can keep my whole setup and balance the T1....
confused_face.gif

Any help is much appreciated!

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 11
I can safely say that my T1s and Mapletree Ear+HD tube amp (with Grey Plate Triple Mica Sylvania 5751 tube) is very impressive!

As they are high impedance cans, they would work better with tubes (typically higher voltage than SS which has typically has higher current) and this match is incredible! For about $680 new it is really worth it...you can also try to pick one up used.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 11
Have you thought about holding off for a bit? I know it's not easy when you have a new toy, but the T1 is going to wash over Head-Fi shortly and amping is going to be heavily discussed. It'll take a few weeks for the dust to settle, but you'll get a much better idea of what works well after more members get a listen.

It's not like you're in bad shape now, either. You already have a rigthat will let you listen to the T1. Might as well enjoy that for awhile and let a consensus develop here.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 11
I would wait until you receive the T1, burn them in, and listen to them for a few weeks. You may love what you hear and you may not but it would be an informed decision. Next wait till feedback is given on various combos and perhaps even attend a meet to hear your cans in other amps to evaluate and make a better decision. Good luck.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 11
My plan is to get a Woo Audio 2 to go with my T1 and other cans. I'll happily keep my LD MK III until that happens.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 11
Just the basic version. It'll be great as it is, although I was thinking about the Sylvania 7236 NOS powertube upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back