$100 range IEMs with good bass response, isolation and build quality?
Jan 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

iBud destroyer

New Head-Fier
I am in the market for a new pair of $100 IEMs. I am coming from bass-heavy IEMs so I'm after something which will let me feel the bass. I am leaning towards the SoundMAGIC PL50 but the appreciation thread has some mixed feelings about the low-end. I'm also interested in the Etymotic MC5 because of the build quality - has anyone got a good bass kick from the MC5s by getting a good seal on the tips? If the bass response on the etymotics are strong I'd buy them over the PL50. What are your thoughts on those IEMs in terms of low-end response. Would you recommend either one or a different IEM completely?

I also need good isolation which the etymotics are renowned for, by my ear canals are small and "L" shaped, making it really difficult to fit those tri flanges. Anyone else had problems with insertion depth of the etymotics? Are they still usable for people with small ear canals?

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 4
MC5's are really light on bass, even more than RE0's.

the only experience i have is with the MC5, RE0 and Monster Turbines.

get the Turbines if you can find them at that price range but you have to be very careful because theres alot of knockoffs for them out there.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Eterna, CKS70, XB40EX, Turbine, V-Moda Remix, S4 and UE5EB.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 4
So many options! I could spend a month reading these forums and still not choose one. Of those listed above, which ones are more popular and less muddy than the others?

Would you say the RE0's are completely lacking any bass punch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back