$100 PC Speakers
Sep 15, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 35
how are the aego Ms?

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuwy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how are the aego Ms?

I've never heard, but they seem to be a good bet based on a quick search of what people have said. I'm always a sucker for trying new gear, so if they're pretty close in price to the Klipsch, then I'd personally would give them a try if I was in the market for what you're looking for.

Another option for you to consider are the Swans M10's. They're fairly nice looking and can be had for $100 as well.

what is your listening situation anyway? Do you need/like a lot of bass?

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #19 of 35
enuff to fill my dorm room, which is a tiny single this year, but im moving into a double next year so we'll see how that plays out. bass is a plus but not a must. i wish to watch movies and play games so i guess surround would be pretty nice. but again, it's not like you can't do both on a nice 2.1 system.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #20 of 35
I've got the Creative GigaWorks T20 that I got for $75. They sound really good for a 2.0 set. They look nice, are easy to transport because they don't have a subwoofer attached, and they sound better than either of the 2.1 sets I've gotten for around $35-50. They don't distort much at higher volumes, either. My cousin turned his to about 80-85% full volume, and there was no distortion to speak of. We could hear 'em loud and clear all the way downstairs. They're advertised at 28W (14W each).

Each speaker has a tweeter, mid-range speaker, and a bass port. My typical experience with bass ports has been bad, since many times they give loud, boomy, uncontrolled bass. These have a nice, tight bass. It's actually fairly impressive considering that they're only 2.0, but it's not as powerful as a 2.1 set would be.

Will they beat Klipsch? I dunno, probably not. I'm really happy with 'em, though.

If I'm looking for impressive sound, I turn to my headphones!
atsmile.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #21 of 35
oh, and i have no idea where to find the swans.

Sep 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuwy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enuff to fill my dorm room, which is a tiny single this year, but im moving into a double next year so we'll see how that plays out. bass is a plus but not a must. i wish to watch movies and play games so i guess surround would be pretty nice. but again, it's not like you can't do both on a nice 2.1 system.

Although I haven't heard a couple of these speakers, I'll describe them based on what my understanding of them is. In terms of low end/bass, none of the speakers mentioned will beat out logitech or klipsch. I believe the Aego's and Swans to be more "musical" speakers where the bass won't make you go "wow." The Swans have a nice look but also understand the subwoofer is meant to be placed on your desk (you can google search to see what it looks like), so if you have a small desk, I'm not so sure this something you'll want. A significant amount of bass really helps with parties/movies/gaming. With that said, assuming you have little room to work with, I'd go with either the Klipsch's or Aego's...with your own personal preferences making the pick.

Also I know I've been hating on Logitech a bit here, and they really aren't that bad, but when you've heard better, it's hard to go back. I just graduated college and my speaker system is a little better than what the average college student is used to, so I'd say proceed cautiously or your wallet might start crying
beyersmile.png

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #24 of 35
Well, right now i've found logitech g51s going for 70 bucks, which is incredibly appealing at the moment. also kinda curious as to how

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp.../4713&cl=us,en

those will turn out. it's not that i like logitech. i'm also interested in the "higher quality" speakers you guys keep mentioning but i've been scrounging the internet for those and I can't find a single retailer for any of them. if you can provide a link or something, that would just be awesome.

btw, has anyone seen the new altec lansing speakers?

Altec Lansing > PC AUDIO > For Style & Sound > Expressionist BASS

they look AWESOME.

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 35
I would say Creative Gigaworks T20 and Klipsch ProMedia2.1 for your price range.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #26 of 35
I got the Logitech Z-2300 and honestly, they don't impress me, but for $50, they are good enough for my movies and games.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #27 of 35
I'm looking for speakers too and I can't decide between the ProMedia 2.1 and the Creative Gigaworks T20.

Oh I have a question. What would you call a sound system for a room that's not connected to a computer? Like I always see bookshelf speakers, pc speakers, surround sound. Would it be bookshelf?

I don't know which to get. They both sound good.

Can anyone explain the sound from the the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and Creative Gigaworks T20?

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #28 of 35
I'm looking for speakers too and I can't decide between the ProMedia 2.1 and the Creative Gigaworks T20.

Oh I have a question. What would you call a sound system for a room that's not connected to a computer? Like I always see bookshelf speakers, pc speakers, surround sound. Would it be bookshelf?

I don't know which to get. They both sound good.

Can anyone explain the sound from the the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 and Creative Gigaworks T20?

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #30 of 35
you can sometimes find the klipsch 2.1 multimedia systems on amazon for <$100.

Also, you could perhaps pick up the Insignia Bass Reflex speakers from Best Buy (they sometimes drop below $50 a pair!) and a gen 1 or gen 2 t-amp if you are looking for more of the big studio monitor feel rather than a 2.1 system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back