100$ over ear headphones
Aug 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

guyskr

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody!
My old mediocre headphones just broke done, and I guess it's time to buy myself a new set!
So here are is the important info:
* I listen to music for a nice amount of hours everyday, mostly from a computer, but sometimes from my cel phones , so comfort is important
* I need a pretty good insulation because my environment can get quit loud, but nothing over the top.
* I listen to a wide range of music genres, but mostly to classic rock, hard rock, folk and indie. The only genre I really don't listen to at all is electronic music.

I did a little research and came back with two options, the first is Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and the second is Grado Prestige Series SR80e.
I'll love to get some input about those two, or any other headphones out there that you recommend .

Thank you all!   

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 21
  Hi everybody!
My old mediocre headphones just broke done, and I guess it's time to buy myself a new set!
So here are is the important info:
* I listen to music for a nice amount of hours everyday, mostly from a computer, but sometimes from my cel phones , so comfort is important
* I need a pretty good insulation because my environment can get quit loud, but nothing over the top.
* I listen to a wide range of music genres, but mostly to classic rock, hard rock, folk and indie. The only genre I really don't listen to at all is electronic music.

I did a little research and came back with two options, the first is Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and the second is Grado Prestige Series SR80e.
I'll love to get some input about those two, or any other headphones out there that you recommend .

Thank you all!   

Hi!

(Grados don't provide any isolation)

You should consider Takstar Pro 80 + HM5 Ear-Pads

You could also read about Logictech UE6000:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Best Luck!

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 21
Thank you two for your quick answers!
You know, when I really think about it, I don't actually need a very good insulation. 
My work place doesn't get loud, and when it does, it's because something impotent is happening, so i need to get my headphones off :)
Does this change yours recommendations? 

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #7 of 21
Hello,

You should go for a little bit pricier and get yourself a beyerdynamic dt 770 pro (80 ohm or 250 ohm if you're planning on buying an amp)
Truly marvellous for their price... (about $130)

you will be way better off than with logitech etc...

you have the dt 770 pro , dt 880 pro and dt 990 pro, they sound alike but the difference is their insulation.

770 = closed
880 = semi-closed
990 = open

if you don't need insulation, then i recommend strongly the dt990 pro....

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #8 of 21
One of the best sounds I've heard at 100 or less is the MartinLogan Mikris 90. My only problem is I found it uncomfortable, but I also have a big head.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #11 of 21
If it was about 35 dollars more expensive then maybe, but 70 is out of my league.
Another set od headphones I found that have good reviews are the 51st studio by AE. Are they any good or are they just stylish?
Thank you guys a lot! :)

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 21
Fun is fun, but I really look for sound quality, so I guess that they're not an option.
The Grado Prestige Series SR80e are the easiest for me to buy. They really don't have any isolation?
Apart from that, are they a good option?

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #14 of 21
They wouldn't be my first choice either. I got them on sale for 60 or so, and while they look good, feel good, and are fun, there are better choices. I personally prefer the ue6000 if isolation is at all important. Ive listened to the previous version of the SR80e, and enjoyed it immensely. It was my first major headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back