~$100 headphones for public use
Mar 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

emptySpace

New Head-Fier
Right now I have Sony MDR-Q68, which are convenient, but I want something with a little less leaking (doesn't need to be completely isolated, just don't want them to sound like speakers), and hopefully a little better sound quality (comfort is important too, of course). I actually bought the M50, but it's too big to wear in public, so I'm returning those and looking for something else. Right now, the ones I'm looking at are the D1001, ES7, and PX200-II. Any thoughts on those, or other suggestions? I'm okay with anything other than IEMs.

Oh, and I mostly listen to indie/alternative rock, and I'd prefer something that didn't need an amp.

Mar 16, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 5
For public use, you should check into earbuds like the Yuin PK3 -- technically they aren't IEMs since they don't squeeze into the ear canal.

Unless you are specifically looking for bigger, obvious looking headphones.

Mar 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 5

[size=medium] Quote:
For public use, you should check into earbuds like the Yuin PK3 -- technically they aren't IEMs since they don't squeeze into the ear canal.

Unless you are specifically looking for bigger, obvious looking headphones.

[/size]

[size=medium] I've had headphones that go in my ear in the past, and I don't like the way they feel. I don't need anything big/obvious looking, though (otherwise I would've kept the M50). The D1001s are about as big as I'd be willing to go.[/size]

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 5
I've had the original PX200s for 5 or 6 years and have always really liked them.  A lot depends on whether it's a good match between the shape of your ear and the cushions, in my case I find the bass to be fine considering the portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back