1) Pushing M1060 on XBox 2) 2016 MixAmp Pro TR - metallic echo? 3) attaching boom mic
Sep 13, 2017 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

earshock

New Head-Fier
Hi all, have been lurking forever and am super excited to be replacing Polk 4Shots with my 1060s (modded with Vegan pads/paper towle)! I have a couple of questions, figure someone here might be able to help me out?

I am buying a used Astro Mixamp Pro TR for Xbox One tomorrow - will that be enough to push the headphones? Both the Polk 4Shots and 1060s are not getting anywhere near enough juice from the Microsoft controller headset adapter, so the mixamp is a must and within my budget (unlocked the creative 7) - but I was thinking that I would like to also buy a mobile amp/dac with bass boost like the Fiio e17k that will pair with my iPhone/iPad on the go - could it also pull double duty as an additional amp on the same line as the MixAmp if need be?

Speaking of that, will the e17k push the cans on the iPhone?It seems relatively loud enough without an amp, but so far I have an "is that it?" kind of feeling from these 1060 cans - think the amp might be the problem.

Bonus: anyone here having a metallic/tin/echoey sound using the 2016 mixamp Pro TR (see video link below)?

Lastly I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to connect this inline mic I received with the Polk 4Shots to the 1060s (see picture) - any ideas what adapter I may need?

nL6jwA7.jpg

Even with the diagrams I have seen online and the posts about inline boom mics, I'm having trouble piecing together what cables I need to get this going with the MixAmp Pro TR? The TR comes with an inline mute cable - I'm guessing that probably won't work in conjunction with these?

The MixAmp also comes with a single male 3.5 adapter to y split double female 2.5 ends (I think I have that right).

What am I missing here? Again thanks for taking the time to even read and thanks to all for this great community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back