1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Jan 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #721 of 838

Quote:
Remove v3.2 tags from your mp3 files via MP3tag program. Its a free program. Just set the options (under tools tab) to remove v3.2 tags, APE and only keep v3.1 tags. Then you drag your files to the directory in MP3tag and highlight the files. Then click remove tags. After all tags have been removed click undo changes. All your tags will be restored on the fly with only v3.1 tags being restored. Voila your good to go and all your music should play on the Studio and Rocoo P. I did this for the certain FLAC files that had v3.2 tags embedded in them. After removing these tags and restoring v3.1 tags, all my music plays without any problems (32GB Sandisk Micro SD card and 4 GB of internal memory filled to capacity).

I dun understand this part, ''After all tags have been removed click undo changes.''  Why undo changes? Wont this restore the tags that just been removed?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #722 of 838

Quote:
I dun understand this part, ''After all tags have been removed click undo changes.''  Why undo changes? Wont this restore the tags that just been removed?

If you had followed my directions and made sure to mark remove all v3.2 tags in the options menu, then once you click undo changes it will restore your v3.1 tags and not the v3.2. Otherwise you remove all your tags and will have to manually input the v3.1 tags again which will take a lot longer to do.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #723 of 838

Quote:
If you had followed my directions and made sure to mark remove all v3.2 tags in the options menu, then once you click undo changes it will restore your v3.1 tags and not the v3.2. Otherwise you remove all your tags and will have to manually input the v3.1 tags again which will take a lot longer to do.

Yes i did. When the tags were removed, only v3.1 tags were left. after i undo, all tags were back. So i think i need not undo it? Anyway, what do the v3.2 tags do? if removed, will it affect the file?

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #724 of 838

Quote:
Yes i did. When the tags were removed, only v3.1 tags were left. after i undo, all tags were back. So i think i need not undo it? Anyway, what do the v3.2 tags do? if removed, will it affect the file?

Well for me when v3.2 tags are attached to my files it will show up in the Studio V with a "?" and won't play those files. It could be because I had both v3.1 and v3.2 possibly on these files. But if you are able to remove the v3.2 files and not the v3.1 files then you should be good. For me when removing the tags it removed all the tags leaving the music files empty of tag information. Once I clicked undo it restored v3.1 and not 3.2 so everything worked fine after that. Not sure why its not the same for you though...

Edit: With more run in the Studio V is now starting to sound even good on my FX700s. Really makes the sound stage wide on them and the detailing is amazing. Funny how impressions change; like that of a diaper on a baby lol. I just let this thing recently run in for about 35 additional hours. Probably around 70 hours of use on it now. Gonna keep cycling it a few more times in hopes to increase the battery life to 55 hours for FLAC playback (which is what I read from some other headfiers earlier on).

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #726 of 838
So I'm finding that I actually prefer the btn (button) sound enabled with the RoCoo. I don't know if they mix it in or if it's an overlay and buffer involved but it adds a tiny bit of presence to the mix that for me, gives it a more natural presentation. I know, it goes against the grain to think adding something is better, especially for those of us that don't care for EQ but there you go. Before the top opened up from run in and I had tried the BA FW, I preferred the BTN disabled but now, run in with the stock FW which I do think best, the default setup with Btn sound enabled is what I like best. Comforting to know that it's best as delivered once it has time on it. I discussed this with another poster that hears it too and yes, we agree, we've fallen into the deep end of the pool.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #727 of 838
i would definitely like a lock button somewhere in the next firmware update.
This  afternoon i was playing the studioV and had it in my bag, 
i accidentally pressed on the bag and the volume went rocketing up,
i had to yank the iem off my ears in a split second,
otherwise i would have had split eardrums ... :p
deadhorse.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #728 of 838
"Now you will experience the full power of the Dark Side!" lol I had the same thing happen to me, it startled me quite a bit.

Quote:
i would definitely like a lock button somewhere in the next firmware update.
This  afternoon i was playing the studioV and had it in my bag, 
i accidentally pressed on the bag and the volume went rocketing up,
i had to yank the iem off my ears in a split second,
otherwise i would have had split eardrums ... :p
deadhorse.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #730 of 838
Quote:
Same here. Had me do the quick iem yank. What we could do is move from the now playing screen and the V wont work but who thinks about such things in normal use.

Good suggestion, although you'd have to leave the screen on constantly. Else, when the screen is off, the up and down keys normally function as the volume controls. Still a temporary solution, nonetheless. At least until (hopefully) a change is implemented.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #732 of 838

Quote:
Quote:

Good suggestion, although you'd have to leave the screen on constantly. Else, when the screen is off, the up and down keys normally function as the volume controls. Still a temporary solution, nonetheless. At least until (hopefully) a change is implemented.

So ie2han no bites yet for your IE80s? I just got my second unit of IE80s today from razerdog and I can confirm my last pair was indeed real. Not sure how Burtomr found them different though (he also got a pair from the same dealer and he feels they are fake when compared to his best buy IE80s?) I was a bit disappointed at first out of the box and then I forgot about the silver cable. As soon as I put that one and hooked them into the Studio V, presto, exact same sound as the last pair of IE80s. The cable really does make them better :wink:.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #733 of 838
Quote:
So ie2han no bites yet for your IE80s? I just got my second unit of IE80s today from razerdog and I can confirm my last pair was indeed real. Not sure how Burtomr found them different though (he also got a pair from the same dealer and he feels they are fake when compared to his best buy IE80s?) I was a bit disappointed at first out of the box and then I forgot about the silver cable. As soon as I put that one and hooked them into the Studio V, presto, exact same sound as the last pair of IE80s. The cable really does make them better :wink:.

I'm rather patient in these matters, my friend.

The silver cable pairing, coupled with the Studio-V? As fond as you've always been of the Senn's, you must be in audio heaven right now. 
smile.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #734 of 838

Quote:
Quote:

I'm rather patient in these matters, my friend.

The silver cable pairing, coupled with the Studio-V? As fond as you've always been of the Senn's, you must be in audio heaven right now. 
smile.gif

I am and the fact that they have started to even shine with the FX700s makes me all the more happier. But I am at a dilemma weather or not to sell the Hifiman 601.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #735 of 838
Just started listening to these with the EX1000's and they seem to pair nicely.  I was going through the menu and found HDMS and enabled it and it just about blew my ear drums.  Anyone know what this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back