$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Jun 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 320
Hello friends,

Seems there has been and explosion of budget aftermarket in-ear monitors that have caught our attention. Often time on the threads I will get questions like "Is product XXXX better than product YYYY?" That is a very hard question to answer because of the fact that everyone hears things differently. This can be because of several variables like source, volume, ear anatomy, and many other considerations. We have to evaluate in terms of how they are different rather than simply saying "this is good, better, best."

Even still, I have my favorites. Add up the variables that go into a review, and my general consensus leads me to like some earphones more than others. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL HEAR IT THE SAME. I appreciate when people on here disagree with me and back it up with reasons. It makes for some of the best conversations we can have on here. I thinks it's cool to "agree to disagree" and then take time to discuss why. 

I want to make a thread that is a reflections of everyone's opinions when it comes to a certain criteria of headphones. The best way to think of this is in terms of price, as we all have a limit in terms of how much we are willing to spend.

This thread will be a democratic poll where subscribers can request in-ear monitor poll candidates (please be reasonable, hello Kitty earphones you bought at the drug store aren't going to be added just because it's nominated). They will be added to the poll, and users can vote for what earphones they feel are the best at their respective asking price. 

NOTE: It must be earphones that we've owned and used.

As I can't edit polls, I will leave this running for a while while participants suggest what earphones need to be included. Once the poll is started we will leave it up for a will and see what happens. after this is done and slows down, we can revisit and restart a new poll. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the ongoing results. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 320
  My suggestions (based on the IEMs that I have owned or listened to)

KZ ED9
KZ R1
KZ ATE (Inaugural version)
Xiaomi Piston 2.1
JVC Riptidz HA-FX8B
Sony Ericsson MH1 Livesound
Panasonic RPHJE125

Very good observations. I will include in the OP that it must be earphones that we've used.

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 320
Joyroom E107 has to be on this list :)

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 320
i had piston 2.1 and it was the best sound i heard from headphones, listening to exciting music an anime themes really made excited and jump out of my screen and start punching air lol. The clarity and detail on those were unbelievable and you could hear it all and the bass too, the vocals etc, but I LOOOOOOST it mann mananannanana, used it for 1.5years.

After having piston experience, i bought piston 4 hybird, well doesn't do the things that piston 2 did, overall everything is blotted, some frequencies are strong and some are not, the tuning is not good. quite disappointed, one thing good about is the comfort is much better and doesn't fall off like piston 2 and the build quality just as superb.

I also bought ve monk+ and the tuning is quite good on those, there is some unbelievable bass and that thumping that i didn't hear even in piston 2 but the clarity and seal is not the same as piston 2.

Also ordered letv reverse and zircon for my sisters, will check them out too. also my brother kz edr2 is quite disappointing, too bright and thin voice and there are too many stuff i don't hear on those while i can hear in monks and hybrid.

In the u30 usd topic, there are many suggestions, i would like someone to tell me if they can get be back on track, like you i am looking for the best u26 usd headphones on the market to provide around same wow's that i there are in topics like DQSM d2, Shockwave 3 and QT5 but at affordable prices. headphones like these caught my thoughts.

TK Mapple
LZ Z03A 
VJJB K4 
Tennmak Piano
HLSX 808

I am hoping for xiaomi to release a killer 4 driver hybrid for 60/70 that can compete with DQSM and QT5 lol.

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #10 of 320
my favorites

Original Piston2 (king)
Tennmak pro
KZ ATE
UiiSii us80
vjjb k1
VORSON VIM-6012S

us80 and 6012s are known by almost nobody. two iems have wider soundstage. I know about two iems from product samples for brief reviews on Japanese amazon from its sellars. once I wrote their brief impressions on Nymphonomaniac's sub $30 thread.

Jun 25, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #13 of 320
I do think this thread is pointless though considering we already have a Sub $30 thread

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #15 of 320
Lurk650 I think the end game idea is to create a poll to choose the best of the best once all suggestions are in. It's going to continue moving up through increasing price brackets. At least that's what I got out of it.
Yes buddy, that's correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back