02 differences
Nov 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 10
Also, the epiphany acoustics is sold with ac adaptor.
I have one and its a very clean and versatile amp. I prefer it to my Graham Slee Voyager for sure, not necessarily the sound but the lack if hiss with any headphone - its dead silent.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #5 of 10
I just want to know where the ODA is. Is that still happening?

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I just want to know where the ODA is. Is that still happening?

He who may not be named seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth for whatever reason. He's been inactive for more or less half a year now IIRC. Even if he returns to action soon I'd expect another half a year or so before the thing is put into production by vendors like JDS, Ephiphany etc... so you're probably looking at a long wait, if it ever even materializes.

Thus I settled on a custom made "Desktop friendly version" of O2 with a 1/4 jack and rear RCA inputs.  I figured why not, as ODA version by principle shouldn't sound all that different, anyway.

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

He who may not be named seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth for whatever reason. He's been inactive for more or less half a year now IIRC. Even if he returns to action soon I'd expect another half a year or so before the thing is put into production by vendors like JDS, Ephiphany etc... so you're probably looking at a long wait, if it ever even materializes.

Thus I settled on a custom made "Desktop friendly version" of O2 with a 1/4 jack and rear RCA inputs.  I figured why not, as ODA version by principle shouldn't sound all that different, anyway.

It should be as easy as changing the pcb around though, no? A couple of diy'ers have done it themselves

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
It should be as easy as changing the pcb around though, no? A couple of diy'ers have done it themselves

I'd guess that the amp circuit itself would be roughly the same, but some of the other goals for the desktop version IIRC were beefier dedicated power supply and possibly more options for adjustable gain and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back