「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 31, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #176,791 of 177,750
Now you can listen to epic trailer themes in lossless format!

LosslessMovieTrailers.jpg

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #176,795 of 177,750
Probably all placebo :rolling_eyes:

I'm still here with a 3770k and 8GB of REM, I should really download more Rem.

I don't know when I'm gonna upgrade because trading software runs on stuff from the 90's and takes a whole whopping 300mb. I hope to get another 2-3 years out of this system, I'm still a 60Hz peasant too. =P

Realistically my next upgrade might be a cheap used workstation so I can get on that ECC memory bandwagon. Or probably whatever hand-me-down from my friends who game.

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #176,796 of 177,750
I'm still here with a 3770k and 8GB of REM, I should really download more Rem.

I don't know when I'm gonna upgrade because trading software runs on stuff from the 90's and takes a whole whopping 300mb. I hope to get another 2-3 years out of this system, I'm still a 60Hz peasant too. =P

Realistically my next upgrade might be a cheap used workstation so I can get on that ECC memory bandwagon. Or probably whatever hand-me-down from my friends who game.
I'm really hoping next gen Ryzen will be good, and motherboards will remove those fans on the PCH.

Either I crave in with the next launch if it's too good, or I wait for the next platform so I don't limit my upgrade options too much.

Waiting for cpu renders to finish on my 4690k is starting to bug me, and current Ryzen is finally fairly promising for programs like Photoshop with my workload.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #176,797 of 177,750
The fans on the X570 board is what got me into a 3600 with a B450 instead of anything more expensive.

But then again, it's a pure gaming rig. So that should be enough too.

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #176,798 of 177,750
I'm really hoping next gen Ryzen will be good, and motherboards will remove those fans on the PCH.

Ahahah yeah those fans are a flashback to motherboards from ten years ago! If I do have to build a system new I'd definitely go for a midrange board, overclocking is kind of 'dead' now too with very modest gains in real world applications at the cost of a lot of power.

What really bothers me is that the idle power consumption still seems to be in the 50-70W range (doesn't matter whether it's latest gen Intel/AMD). My ancient Sandy Bridge laptop can idle at 6W. It doesn't sound like much but that's $80 a year for a modern desktop in Australia!

untitled-1.png

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #176,799 of 177,750
The fans on the X570 board is what got me into a 3600 with a B450 instead of anything more expensive.

But then again, it's a pure gaming rig. So that should be enough too.

I got a 3600 for its amazing value as well. Until I got 3 motherboards (b450m, x470 gaming plus, x570 Tuf), 3 sets of ram and 2 Ryzen cpu's to finally figure out that the 3600 would not accept dual channel configs because the internal memory controller of the 3600 was faulty. Now it's in the hands of AMD atm for an rma and I'm using a 3700x now. The only real difference I notice between the 3600 and 3700x is that 1080p YouTube videos on the side don't hinder gaming performance lol.

Also I'm in search of anime based iem's but it seems like those kinds of things are limited to ciems with custom face plates :frowning2:

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #176,801 of 177,750
Don't break this!

Also I'm in search of anime based iem's but it seems like those kinds of things are limited to ciems with custom face plates :frowning2:
Is that even a thing for decent iems? Not that anyone can see it either.

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #176,804 of 177,750
I bought the beginnings of a new PC build in Jan. and put the brakes on it when I determined I wouldn't buy a board with a fan on it (this is for an HTPC) and I kind of want to only go with Intel (I've been exclusively Intel since my Athlon 1.2ghz T-bird :p ) if they can release 7/10nm chips with meltdown fixes.

When I saw that AMD Zen 3 was expected by the end of the year (I bet this will be delayed now for covid :frowning2: ) I figured I'd just wait. So here I am with a nice new PC case, a SSD and power supply but no other parts to install!

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #176,805 of 177,750
I bought the beginnings of a new PC build in Jan. and put the brakes on it when I determined I wouldn't buy a board with a fan on it (this is for an HTPC) and I kind of want to only go with Intel (I've been exclusively Intel since my Athlon 1.2ghz T-bird :p ) if they can release 7/10nm chips with meltdown fixes.

When I saw that AMD Zen 3 was expected by the end of the year (I bet this will be delayed now for covid :frowning2: ) I figured I'd just wait. So here I am with a nice new PC case, a SSD and power supply but no other parts to install!

I feel you on this one.

On the bright side, those components age well so not much to lose out on in terms of delaying a build.

Say, any of you guys owned/have tried an OM5 chair by Office Master?

After trying a few Herman Millers, I've come to the conclusion that their lineup doesn't fit me very well in terms of comfort.

The OM5 looks promising so starting to really consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back