「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 20, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #176,716 of 177,750
Where were you when iDOLM@STER got announced for Steam?

BRUHNEWiMS.png

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #176,717 of 177,750
At work, wondering what life choices has led me to this point. :p

Also...Made in Abyss sequel?!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #176,718 of 177,750
Where were you when iDOLM@STER got announced for Steam?

BRUHNEWiMS.png
I deadass thought it was a video and tried to click on it

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #176,722 of 177,750
I watched Weathering With You last week...and then it started to rain after the showing. Is this a sign?

I missed the screening here so I'll have to wait for the blu ray. ><

I'm liking this new feature with DHL deliveries where it shows you how many stops and an ETA until the courier is at the door, bloody genius.

Really starting to dig the Atelier series after finishing Ryza, currently on Lulua but I think the older games are too painful to play on PC because of the bad ports (from what I've read on Steam). Maybe I should just get used copies for the PS3 or something on eBay.

My KGSSHV keeps blowing up because of dielectric breakdown in the PCB (not enough clearance between traces and just age/contamination of board), this time was a big bang when the power supply rail shorted to ground (input filter side so current limiting was not there). I think I will add some conformal coating after I fix it again...

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #176,723 of 177,750
I'm liking this new feature with DHL deliveries where it shows you how many stops and an ETA until the courier is at the door, bloody genius.
I’m pleasantly surprised that Microsoft provides free shipping via DHL - even with their AU$19 Surface Connect to USB-C adapter! A far cry from its AU$109 launch RRP.

Can’t wait to see whether the 1 and 2 star reviews are true or not.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #176,724 of 177,750
I missed the screening here so I'll have to wait for the blu ray. ><

Really starting to dig the Atelier series after finishing Ryza, currently on Lulua but I think the older games are too painful to play on PC because of the bad ports (from what I've read on Steam). Maybe I should just get used copies for the PS3 or something on eBay.

My KGSSHV keeps blowing up because of dielectric breakdown in the PCB (not enough clearance between traces and just age/contamination of board), this time was a big bang when the power supply rail shorted to ground (input filter side so current limiting was not there). I think I will add some conformal coating after I fix it again...

Welp, waited all day yesterday and skipped a lot of things for a very important package. Wouldn't even dare nap out of fear I'll miss it.

Said it will arrive by 8 pm. Arrived at 7:50+ pm, so technically made it, but a heads up would have been nice. XD

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #176,725 of 177,750
I’m pleasantly surprised that Microsoft provides free shipping via DHL - even with their AU$19 Surface Connect to USB-C adapter! A far cry from its AU$109 launch RRP.

Hah that's quite the discount, ughh it's that time of year where I need to buy another lightning cable or two, I don't know if I should commit to the fast charging life and get the Apple ~30W USB-C power adaptor and a few aftermarket USB-C > lightning cables or whether I should just use what I have and get some normal lightning cables.

Man I've been looking at those screen protectors made with legit Gorilla Glass on Taobao/Tmall...it's about 30 bucks though which is steep. The cheap $5 screen protector I have now has such a purple hue due to the anti reflective coating or something, gyahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am so tempted to try one for science.

Welp, waited all day yesterday and skipped a lot of things for a very important package. Wouldn't even dare nap out of fear I'll miss it.

Said it will arrive by 8 pm. Arrived at 7:50+ pm, so technically made it, but a heads up would have been nice. XD

I don't know if it's the same over there, but I've been getting more and more deliveries from umm normal people now instead off proper uniformed drivers/trucks. Maybe the best way to explain it is that there's something like "Uber eats" now where delivery companies contract out to other drivers to deliver stuff now, weird.

I keep thinking when people roll up in a normal car it's just some door to door salesman or something. XD

Arknights has been a fun little mobile game, worth a try if you guys want a gacha sorta tower defense game, the sound design is really impressive.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #176,726 of 177,750
Hah that's quite the discount, ughh it's that time of year where I need to buy another lightning cable or two, I don't know if I should commit to the fast charging life and get the Apple ~30W USB-C power adaptor and a few aftermarket USB-C > lightning cables or whether I should just use what I have and get some normal lightning cables.
If it’s for an iPhone, 18W is enough. I committed to the fast charging life and it’s great. $49 for the Apple AC adapter and $40 for the Cygnett armoured 2m Type-C to Lightning cable.

Worth it IMO
16130DD4-947D-4C83-B61C-18310047D16E.jpeg

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #176,727 of 177,750

Man I've been looking at those screen protectors made with legit Gorilla Glass on Taobao/Tmall...it's about 30 bucks though which is steep. The cheap $5 screen protector I have now has such a purple hue due to the anti reflective coating or something, gyahhhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't know if it's the same over there, but I've been getting more and more deliveries from umm normal people now instead off proper uniformed drivers/trucks. Maybe the best way to explain it is that there's something like "Uber eats" now where delivery companies contract out to other drivers to deliver stuff now, weird.

I keep thinking when people roll up in a normal car it's just some door to door salesman or something. XD

Arknights has been a fun little mobile game, worth a try if you guys want a gacha sorta tower defense game, the sound design is really impressive.
The events have been pretty fun too.

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #176,728 of 177,750
Can’t wait to see whether the 1 and 2 star reviews are true or not.

Keep us updated!

Also need a new lightning cable. Considering just spilling out some extra money and getting a Volta cable.

In terms of fast charging, I will say it is just a convenience. It's bright a consistent quality of life improvement for me, so awesome, but it's not a grand change, so no need to chase the best of the best of fast charging options.

I'll agree that the 18 watt one is probably all you need. It's fast enough that if power is out, you can plug it in and it will charge to a decent amount relatively fast compared to 5 to 10w chargers, something you will notice. Beyond that, it's faster, but still fast charging and those initial quality of life gains won't really change much.

Everytime a new good gacha game is released, I wanna play it, mostly for the art and design, but always refrained from doing so. Could never get really far even when I tried so yeah. I'll just look at all the artworks on social media about the game as always. :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back