「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #174,811 of 177,745
*takes soldering iron, makes mess, hopes someone will think it's art.*

anybody here with some place online to look at their "creations" whatever they are? I once was tempted by the evil artistic side in my younger years. but I discovered that it requires talent or at least perseverance, and I had very little of both.

Well there's Artstation, which is my go-to for looking at people's art. Next is Facebook, which is my go to for stalking people, because I've pretty much spent the last 8 years connecting (harassing) with artists all around the world.

Being talented is probably the one big thing that keeps a person from becoming good though. Then when you become good, people for stone reason think it's magic.

@Rozenberg has a pixiv account and he does anime style art. I cant art. I blame it on my left handed-ness rather than the same actual reasons you gave.

Lots of people I know working in the industry are left handed. Most of my left handed friends kick my ass too. Then again, that's because most of my friend's, regardless of which have they prefer, can slaughter me as they actually do the work. :p

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #174,813 of 177,745
Well there's Artstation, which is my go-to for looking at people's art. Next is Facebook, which is my go to for stalking people, because I've pretty much spent the last 8 years connecting (harassing) with artists all around the world.

Being talented is probably the one big thing that keeps a person from becoming good though. Then when you become good, people for stone reason think it's magic.

Lots of people I know working in the industry are left handed. Most of my left handed friends kick my ass too. Then again, that's because most of my friend's, regardless of which have they prefer, can slaughter me as they actually do the work. :p
I'm not asking for places to see art, I downloaded Google from ebay, I can find stuff myself. I was asking for a place to see the stuff some of you guys are doing.
when I was almost young and still had blond hair on my head, I was doing stuff like that https://0xox0.deviantart.com/ no shame, no fear, no self esteem. well, my English and maturity at the time are a little embarrassing, maybe internet stuff should have an expiration date ^_^. at least now I'm an actual adult doing adult stuff like watching anime. I'm a completely different person. :deadhorse:

about left/right hand, there is no conclusive evidence that one is better at doing art. but there is evidence suggesting that lefties are more likely to hurt themselves while using devices made for right handed people. so all the devices. I would have been even better at basketball if I had been allowed to use a ball for lefties. same with my wacom obviously. I'm not making excuses, those are just facts.

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #174,814 of 177,745
when I was almost young and still had blond hair on my head, I was doing stuff like that https://0xox0.deviantart.com/ no shame, no fear, no self esteem. well, my English and maturity at the time are a little embarrassing, maybe internet stuff should have an expiration date ^_^. at least now I'm an actual adult doing adult stuff like watching anime. I'm a completely different person. :deadhorse:

tumblr_m8yq20zTST1qzd219o1_500.gif

Those studies you cite were all performed by righties. It's all a conspiracy against us superior lefties. Left handers make up under 10% of the population but are over represented in GOAT athletes lists and US presidents, don't let them hold us back with evil right handed scissors!

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #174,815 of 177,745
I'm sure if we complain long enough, Hollywood will put a lefty in every TV show with some scissor incident to clearly identify him/her and give fair representation to minorities, next to one Asian, one Mexican, one black guy who dies first, one gay(Omar Little >all), one Apache helicopter(does 2 minorities in one go) that explodes...
Flanders opened the path and failed, but we can do it!
hqdefault.jpg

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #174,816 of 177,745
I just saw this
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTUvMjY4L2kwMi9CYXRtYW5OaW5qYV9Sb2JpbnMuanBn

poor Robin.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #174,817 of 177,745
I'm not asking for places to see art, I downloaded Google from ebay, I can find stuff myself. I was asking for a place to see the stuff some of you guys are doing.

Ah I see. I misunderstood, sorry. :frowning2:

In the end, it's making it work for you I guess. Some of the best artists I follow who works on environment designs and such for games and films are colour blind, but you'd never suspect that when looking at their work as their understanding of colour is phenomenal. They don't have the luxury of just viewing colour like non colour blind people so they can't take that part for granted, and to compensate, they studied the physics and psychology of colour like crazy, practiced a lot, and as a result of that, they understand it so well.

I often go What when I see their workflow because it's so analytical and dry and unintuitive, but it looks so awesome in the end.

One of my teachers is dyslexic, but he's a comic artist and writes a lot. Not very easy to get over that but after 35 years, he only needs to proof read his draft 5 times before it's legible enough to send to another human being (his editor) to read. :p He writes a lot of poetry, both because it's a fun way to practice simplifying your words and because you can fudge grammar and spelling a bit.

Kinda like me pretending my genuine typos are from autocorrect and people accept it. :p

Great stuff in your gallery by the way! :D

about left/right hand, there is no conclusive evidence that one is better at doing art. but there is evidence suggesting that lefties are more likely to hurt themselves while using devices made for right handed people. so all the devices. I would have been even better at basketball if I had been allowed to use a ball for lefties. same with my wacom obviously. I'm not making excuses, those are just facts.

Yeah. Honestly I feel so lucky at times that I'm right handed. My favorite mouse, the only mouse I know of so far that fit my hand perfectly is only available for right hand users.

If it weren't for this mouse, my arm would be screwed years ago, rather than during this month haha.

tumblr_m8yq20zTST1qzd219o1_500.gif

Those studies you cite were all performed by righties. It's all a conspiracy against us superior lefties. Left handers make up under 10% of the population but are over represented in GOAT athletes lists and US presidents, don't let them hold us back with evil right handed scissors!

XD That must be the case!

Yeah, many things are designed with right-handedness in mind. Back when I was in Mainland China, things like education were so centralized and rigid. Many people who were left handed were still seen as anomalies by their parents so they are "cured." One classmate of mine from elementary school had a tutor hired just to hit her when she is spotted using her left hand. Yes, you can train to be better with both hands, but there is a point where intentionally crippling your dominant hand and forcing the other hand to always be used in it's stead can cause issues in the long run.

In my elementary school, all the classrooms were arranged the same based on how everyone "should" be right handed. Windows are always on the left side so the shadows of the hand won't block the writting, we often use ink instead of pencil for exams and such to practice neatness, but that doesn't take left handed people into account so to prevent smudging, they often get arm cramps fast, etc. etc. Many small things that really make it difficult for people who are left handed.

I just saw this
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTUvMjY4L2kwMi9CYXRtYW5OaW5qYV9Sb2JpbnMuanBn

poor Robin.

RIP... :'(

Funny, a few months ago, a friend of mine was trying to redesign a samurai Bat-sama to fit during ancient Japan for assignments/fun and he chose to use dual wooden swords/batons to enforce the idea of not killing anyone, as it's so easy to accidentally cut people fatally with blades that large. I always thought that since the real batman used blades and stuff as well, just not to kill people, that he'll probably not use wooden weapons in an alternate universe when he was born in that setting. Fun stuff to think about and I always wondered what kind of weapons people will design if they were to make a story featuring Batman like that. Mass appeal and just the general association of a katana with ancient Japanese weapons fighting will probably just lead to him swinging a long blade around, but still wondered about the possibilities if it was just a project for pure fun.

Ended up reading about the knives they use in Wing Chun, where only half the blade is sharpened, so the dull part can be used to either maim or to block weapons without denting the blade/having the blade stuck after heavy bashes/swings. The blade is used for light slashes and stabs, but mainly slashes as it's so easy to have your weapon stuck if it goes too deep.

Maybe those blades used by Ninja Batman are dull and that's suppose to be a surprise in the film?! :p

Ehleh!

EEEEHLEEEEEEHHH!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #174,818 of 177,745
So much fun poi in this week Kino no Tabi, that ED atogaki too XD

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #174,819 of 177,745
Anyone seen Kizumonogatari? Someone turned me on to it today.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #174,821 of 177,745
I've tried a bunch randomly, some twice because I couldn't get around the names, being all blablagatari, and watched katanagatari too, but it was mostly one of those jazz moments for me. where plenty of people say it's great, and I just don't see why. it's not horrible or anything, but I don't get all the praise.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #174,822 of 177,745
Well there's the toothbrush scene...

And that's pretty much all I know about the whole thing. :p

------------------------------------------------

Just gonna put these here 'cause I'm listening to them for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back