「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 10, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #174,198 of 177,747
Is it just me, or did Yokai Apartment start to go from good to great this week?
Hmm I think ep06 was fine poi, ep05 was the point where it got great to me. This show started kinda mediocore but then slowly getting better and then got a turn at ep05.

No, it's not. The insert song in EP1 was cool, but the OP was like they gave the artist a few character designs and told them "it's a show that has lolis that mine".
I would guess he meant that insert song at title part of ep01, that one and the one at sunrise part are fabulous >.<

Yeah found that insert song in Kuzu no Honkai ep12 poi, its called Little Little Princess >///< (included in OST2 from Bluray Vol5)
Moca is beautiful.

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #174,199 of 177,747
No, it's not. The insert song in EP1 was cool, but the OP was like they gave the artist a few character designs and told them "it's a show that has lolis that mine".
I would guess he meant that insert song at title part of ep01, that one and the one at sunrise part are fabulous >.<

I'm talking about the Ep1 ED and Ep2 OP "Deep in Abyss". The chord progression made me eargasm a few times.....

what sunrise....?
*rewatches ep1*
oh damn you're right, that insert song is awesome.... didn't notice when I watched on the subway the first time.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #174,201 of 177,747
I was really really hoping that the insert song is the OP. Would have been OP of the season for sure.
But noooope, we get this generic bla jpop stuff.

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #174,202 of 177,747
I really like abyss both manga and anime. again I was surprise to see it picked for an anime, I didn't think it was mainstream enough. it was such a good surprise. I'd love to get more anime from manga with a real special atmosphere. something like tongari booshi no atorie done seriously could be kick ass. other stuff I love in manga would probably just not work as animes. stuff like mahou tsukai no yome, or even Houseki no Kuni are stuff I really liked as manga for their special universe and ambiance, but I would expect them to be real boring in anime. then again many stuff I consider boring crap are made so I probably just don't know what is economically viable.

edit: lol the 2 examples I gave are having an anime. I'm really the worst at predicting what will get an anime. it's almost so wrong it becomes somewhat reliable if you bet on the opposite of what I think.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #174,204 of 177,747
It's raining outside...

image.gif

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #174,205 of 177,747
At the rate they're adapting anime these days there's not much in manga that's good that falls through the cracks.
maybe. 10 years ago I certainly had a lot less choice in anime, but I can't tell if it's an actual increase in production, or just the fact that my country stopped thinking it was ok to put on a handful of 5 to 20 year old shows and pretend like it's the "new" stuff for kids.
it's an extreme anecdote as for a time Miyazaki liked French people the way Nobel loved mathematicians, but Nausicaa of the valley of the wind was released in French theaters in 2006! \o/ so I doubt my own experience of jap-anime provides an accurate views of what happened in animation over the last decade. ^_^

Aug 13, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #174,206 of 177,747
Only 2 weeks to go...

The best part is probably gonna be Willem Dafoe as Ryuk. Otherwise...hmm. Couldn't be much worse than any other live adaptation.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #174,207 of 177,747
Looks like Vega is a flop, +50% power consumption of a 1080 while having similar performance in gaming. I've been very lucky to "time" my GPU acquisitions with crypto bubbles ahahahah, so this 1070 has already paid for itself just like the 7970's it replaced.

It seems Coffee Lake is launching in a couple of weeks, it feels like Kaby Lake was released just yesterday... (hell I have a 3770K and it still feels like I've got a "new" computer, just goes to show how slow things have been progressing over the years, thank the lord for Ryzen)

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #174,208 of 177,747
Looks like Vega is a flop, +50% power consumption of a 1080 while having similar performance in gaming. I've been very lucky to "time" my GPU acquisitions with crypto bubbles ahahahah, so this 1070 has already paid for itself just like the 7970's it replaced.

It seems Coffee Lake is launching in a couple of weeks, it feels like Kaby Lake was released just yesterday... (hell I have a 3770K and it still feels like I've got a "new" computer, just goes to show how slow things have been progressing over the years, thank the lord for Ryzen)
I thought AMD's stuff in general (GPU and CPU) have always traditionally run much hotter than their competitors. I'm not surprised that Vega runs hot.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #174,209 of 177,747
I'm starting to look for my next computer and as always, wonder if this time I should go for some second hand "old" stuff around 500$ and replace it every other year, or try to go full PC master race for the lolz, and stick to whatever I buy until I die because I'm poor(well if the money doesn't go there, it will go into a new camera so the end result is still me being poor).

I thought AMD's stuff in general (GPU and CPU) have always traditionally run much hotter than their competitors. I'm not surprised that Vega runs hot.
it's more audiophile, the heat feels like class A amp. ^_^

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #174,210 of 177,747
I'm starting to look for my next computer and as always, wonder if this time I should go for some second hand "old" stuff around 500$ and replace it every other year, or try to go full PC master race for the lolz, and stick to whatever I buy until I die because I'm poor(well if the money doesn't go there, it will go into a new camera so the end result is still me being poor).

it's more audiophile, the heat feels like class A amp. ^_^
I'm going for a Ryzen 5/Vega [probably] build at the moment. GTX 1070+10% performance with Vega 56 and a 1440p monitor should be fine for a few years. Whatever I end up getting though will be better than the GeForce 650M I have in my MacBook. lol

Need moar powah!! A 1 kW PSU isn't enuf. >: D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back