Aug 9, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #174,183 of 177,747
Ok, these are my top 5 anime this season:

1. Compulsive Gambler

2. Love & Lies

3. In another world with my smartphone

4. Elegant Yokai Apartment Life

5. Classroom of the Elite

Any hidden gems this season I should be checking out? :grinning:
I'm watching a bunch of shows this season but only 2 from your list. There's a lot of good shows airing currently.

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #174,184 of 177,747
Ok, these are my top 5 anime this season:

1. Compulsive Gambler

2. Love & Lies

Watching all of these. Elite Classroom is pretty interesting poi, Youkai Apartment also surprised me with recent episodes (almost dropped it in ep1 orz).

Some of my other favourites:
- New Game!!
- Princess Principal
- Knight's & Magic
- Isekai Shokudou
- Made in Abyss
- Aho Girl

Btw anyone else watching The Reflection? The art style and idea is actually kind of interesting poi, but lol that constant slow motion...

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #174,185 of 177,747
I'm watching a bunch of shows this season but only 2 from your list. There's a lot of good shows airing currently.
Can you please name your favourites this season? :blush: Apart from the ones I mentioned, I'm also watching Boku no hero academia & Vatican miracle examiner. Dropped Aho girl, Isekai Shokudou & Clean freak Aoyama-Kun. The only two I haven't checked out yet are 18if & Welcome to the ballroom.

Watching all of these. Elite Classroom is pretty interesting poi, Youkai Apartment also surprised me with recent episodes (almost dropped it in ep1 orz).

Some of my other favourites:
- New Game!!
- Princess Principal
- Knight's & Magic
- Isekai Shokudou
- Made in Abyss
- Aho Girl

Btw anyone else watching The Reflection? The art style and idea is actually kind of interesting poi, but lol that constant slow motion...

Thanks for replying, there are 4 on your list that I didn't think were interesting from the description, but I'll check them out now. ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #174,186 of 177,747
Can you please name your favourites this season? :blush: Apart from the ones I mentioned, I'm also watching Boku no hero academia & Vatican miracle examiner. Dropped Aho girl, Isekai Shokudou & Clean freak Aoyama-Kun. The only two I haven't checked out yet are 18if & Welcome to the ballroom.

Currently watching Aho Girl, My Hero Academia, Gamers!, Restaurant to Another World, In Another World with my Smartphone, Knight's & Magic, New Game!!, Sakura Quest and Elegant Youkai Apartment Life from the current season. Dropped 18ji after a few episodes. I'm at a point in life where dumb mindless comedies are very welcome in my rotation. I want to watch Made in Abyss and Princess Principal, but I don't have Amazon Anime Strike so they'll have to wait.

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #174,188 of 177,747
I'm watching knights&mageek but only because the anime advances faster than the manga translation, and because I'm a sucker for mecha^_^. else I still prioritize time and go with manga for most stuff. the smartphone dude is fine in manga, but it also seems to be the exact same thing as tens of other stories. makes me wonder why that one got an anime? also, you got one wish, what do you want? "my cellphone!"
viqcq6hqo2j35ncegnwk2r7ie2yix4zc_hq.jpg

he's lucky he was dealing with a really cool god. I would have left him the cellphone and that's it, not even a charger, GL HF idiot. >:)

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #174,190 of 177,747
I can't believe I'm still watching the smartphone anime.... It's so bad it make me cringe everytime and yet I'm still watching, What is wrong with me. Reminds me of the time I watched watamote.
Only difference is that Watamote is good and not bad.

1. Compulsive Gambler
2. Love & Lies

Yeah not interested in any of these, but hey, here is my list:

Sakura Quest
the Centaur show
Made in Abyss
New Game
Princess Principal
Re-Creators
and the restaurant show

AOTS will be Made in Abyss, no way around it.
Princess Principal is currently in second place.
Third place goes to New Game.

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #174,191 of 177,747
Just marathoned Cowboy Bebop in an online steam.

Woohoooooooooooo~

So that's what all the hypes about. Need to watch the full thing sometime in the next decade or so. Back to work for now. \(>w<)/

Aug 10, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #174,192 of 177,747
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #174,193 of 177,747
I can't believe I'm still watching the smartphone anime.... It's so bad it make me cringe everytime and yet I'm still watching, What is wrong with me. Reminds me of the time I watched watamote.

It's like a train wreck in action, you can't look away!

Oookay I'll pick up New Game, I thought it'd be like another isekai whatchamacallits but it looks like it's about a cute girl doing cute things.

So I've finally figured out why the laptop keeps trying to launch into outer space at maximum thrust, there's a Windows Defender update that never installed properly, so it re-attempted it every 15 minutes or so consuming 35% CPU. It seemed like it was just scanning...and scanning....and scanning until I realised it's been doing it for the past 3 months. (I don't shut this laptop down ever as it's my main charting/trading system)

Aug 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #174,195 of 177,747
Having trouble falling asleep, so I decided to test the effects of smooth scrolling in Chrome in regards to battery life, by default smooth scrolling is on. Figures are power draw from battery, not CPU load.

Unrealistic constant scrolling (holding down arrow key);
Smooth scrolling = 5.7W
Normal scrolling = 4.8W

Semi-realistic quick skimming speed scrolling like reading long forum threads;
Smooth scrolling = 4.6W
Normal scrolling = 3.4W

Hmm 20%-35% gains in battery life for scroll-heavy workloads. Bye bye smooth scrolling. XD

The results do make sense, trying to render web pages at 60fps versus like 3-10fps or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back