「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 12, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #156,575 of 177,747
I am completely and utterly stunned at the news of Iwata's passing. I may not have always agreed with the way that he ran nintendo but I'd long hoped that he could usher nintendo into a new golden age again. Now the dream is dead. Just seemed like yesterday that I was watching that Muppets presentation too. Gone too soon. ****

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #156,576 of 177,747
That was the last thing I expected to see posted today. Sigh. I hope Nintendo still has some magic left in the tank and that he'd found peace.

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #156,578 of 177,747

This video here, really does sum up what Nintendo has meant to me in my life, better than I ever could. I've made so many ******* memories over the years thanks to Nintendo. So many. When my best friend got married a month ago, his bachelor party was basically just all of us old friends from high school, some that'd been gone for years even, meeting back up and playing Smash Bros and drinking. Like nothing had ever changed. Just god damn it man. **** everything right now. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #156,579 of 177,747
we busy with our job life adventures bro

How have you been?

Good. Super busy with my thesis, but I should be done with that either today or tomorrow. Can't really grasp the concept of having vacation at the moment.
I'll be starting a Master's degree in mathematics in September, and I got admitted into an honors program for my degree, which is pretty nice I guess.

Oh, and I bought an electric guitar last Saturday. About a year ago I said I would in this thread, but I never actually bothered to go to a freaking store and just get one.

awww. sorry rikkun.....our lives are blossomming like freshmen year of HS in animu

Now I kinda feel jealous. I'm still in the perpetual cycle of masochism know as 'academics' for the coming 6 years at least.

So Anime Expo happened over the weekend. It was pretty fun minus the long hours I was working.

Cool.

Nah, I have Arch Linux installed on my Dell XPS13 and OSX 10.9 on my Macbook Pro.
I use both computers.

In the end, It's just a matter of preference and your usage habits. :wink:
I like using my keyboard more than the cursor.

Oh btw, there's this extension for GNOME that will give you a terminal based on the Quake game console, really handy stuff (and looks cool IMO).
You open it by pressing the backtick / tilde key like in the games :p

Isn't that just Guake? I use that as my terminal emulator too. Been running Arch for a while now. The screen on my laptop broke and I was too lazy to fix it, so I was using an old MacBook with Arch for a while. After that I was so addicted to using Emacs as my LaTeX editor that I just kept using Arch after I fixed my good laptop.

Some **** broke into my garage and stole three bicycles ♥

There is a special circle in hell for scum that steals bicycles.

Man, am I pissed....

But I guess it had to happen sooner or later. My bike was already five years old. Pretty impressive age.

Insurance does cover bike theft but I doubt that I'll get enough back to buy a proper used one....

Guess I'll be bicycle-less a while! Love being a NEET.

I hate it when your bike gets stolen. Happened to me a tad too often. Bad perk of living in the Netherlands I suppose.

RIP Nintendo guy : (

RIP

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #156,581 of 177,747
  The Hibike! Euphonium OST has some of the cutest songs I have ever heard (without lyrics b/c somebody is going to put up something like Platinum Disco if I didn't say that).

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #156,582 of 177,747
Isn't that just Guake? I use that as my terminal emulator too. Been running Arch for a while now. The screen on my laptop broke and I was too lazy to fix it, so I was using an old MacBook with Arch for a while. After that I was so addicted to using Emacs as my LaTeX editor that I just kept using Arch after I fixed my good laptop.
I hate it when your bike gets stolen. Happened to me a tad too often. Bad perk of living in the Netherlands I suppose.
RIP

Nah, it's a Gnome plug-in called "drop-down terminal".

You're the 2nd emacs guy I know. I'm a vim guy btw.
I use Gedit for LaTeX though, needed the spell check (yeah, I can't spell).

EDIT:
Oh yeah, Welcome back man!

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #156,584 of 177,747
  This video here, really does sum up what Nintendo has meant to me in my life, better than I ever could. I've made so many ******* memories over the years thanks to Nintendo. So many. When my best friend got married a month ago, his bachelor party was basically just all of us old friends from high school, some that'd been gone for years even, meeting back up and playing Smash Bros and drinking. Like nothing had ever changed. Just god damn it man. **** everything right now. 

The last thing he did publicly was apologizing for Nintendo's E3 conference...

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #156,585 of 177,747
I highly doubt it, but has anyone here watched this show?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1013/Le_Chevalier_DEon

It sounds pretty cool but the so-so reviews are putting me off a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back