「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 5, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #142,126 of 177,747
I'm thankful I dropped it.

------------------
http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2rbk10/ive_never_seen_such_a_relatable_manga_character/cneh0ur

To all the Railgun Misaka lovers out there

I fully agree with this statement and the one below it on Index.

She represents what a Tsubdere SHOULD be and not a 24/7 foul tempered woman.

Damn straight. Misaka's Tsundere is top-notch. And while I like Oreimo, Kirino is 90% tsun and 10% dere, and even then she tries to hide it.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #142,127 of 177,747
Gladly there is usb 3.0 and 3tb is just 100bucks..... go back up or else one day you will lost everything : 3

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/01/meet-the-woman-who-stripped-naked-and-got-stuck-in-her-estranged-boyfriends-chimney/
^such weird news I randomly saw

I have four more slots in my PC so I just need to buy a new hard drive. Not that cheap though, I just checked and the price per GB of the drive I bought 4.5 years ago (3.54 cents / GB) is close to the same as the current lowest prices in the Netherlands (2.95 cents / GB).

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #142,128 of 177,747
I'm still quite reluctant to watch Kill la Kill.
For one, I'd rather not watch:

One must never mix 2D with 3D.

Honest question; what do you think of these series?

Informative, thanks!

What do I think of Psycho Pass, KLK, Durarara!! and even Space Dandy?

I enjoyed each and every one of them. For starters, they're all gorgeous and have good music. The way Durarara!! comes together felt oh-so-satisfying. Psycho Pass was full of great philosophy source material and a good dystopian story. KLK was the most fun I've had watching a series in years. They're all on my list of series I recommend to people next to my guilty pleasures/childhood nostalgia series (Samurai Champloo, Trigun, DBZ, pre-shippuuden Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho).  

I should have put a colon after that. I was referring to the contents of the quote below it:

Quote:

It's not wrong

Quote:
Tsundere != Bitches.

Tsundere += Bitches.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #142,129 of 177,747
THANK YOU! Finally one review from Steve Guttenberg that I'm actually in agreement with!
http://www.cnet.com/news/new-kings-of-clarity-stax-sr-207-headphones/
The thing you have to understand about transparency, or clarity, is that it's all relative. That is, you might think your headphones are perfectly clear and clean, until you hear a pair that's way ahead of what you have. That will surely happen when you don a set of SR-207s; the clarity gains won't be subtle. There's so much more detail, but I wouldn't characterize the sound as bright.

My review of the SRS-2170 in a nutshell.

As I said; I don't know a thing about Stax but I've been flirting with the idea of maybe trying out stats. I found a buyer for my K812 so I may take the plunge once I've done some homework. (like what does the LE designation even mean?)

E-stat headphones in general have a really unique treble response compared to other headphones. They objectively might have a peak or two in the frequency response, but when you listen to them, it's not something that immediately bothers you and it's detailed without adding grain or being harsh-sounding like planar magnetic headphones from my experience. They're also some of the most transparent-sounding headphones I've ever heard before, even the original Lambda from over 30 years ago still sounds really good in today's era of headphones.
Free downtempo electronic music from Seattle anyone?
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/immortal-game

Speaking of Seattle, I just spent the last 2 hours putting together one of these since I got one for a Christmas gift.
http://www.fascinations.com/metalearth/360/mms014/index.html

Freaking hard to put together and I broke a piece on the first step of the instructions. I'd say it's harder to put together than a Gundam model because at least Gundam models have sturdy structures made of plastic. One wrong move with this super thin steel and you're screwed. I nearly broke another piece putting together the "clamshell" structure at the top.

^ I didn't think the iPhone was capable of having a depth of field effect like that. That's actually pretty cool, but it doesn't look very good for this photo.

Ooh I definitely agree too! I think I'm a bit of clarity whore and that's probably why I like STAX so much, they just sound so much clearer than dynamics!

That's an awesome metal sculpture thing! I always saw those but never tried putting one together... :X

I enjoyed each and every one of them. For starters, they're all gorgeous and have good music. The way Durarara!! comes together felt oh-so-satisfying. Psycho Pass was full of great philosophy source material and a good dystopian story. KLK was the most fun I've had watching a series in years. They're all on my list of series I recommend to people next to my guilty pleasures/childhood nostalgia series (Samurai Champloo, Trigun, DBZ, pre-shippuuden Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho).  

Welcome, yet another Seattlite on the thread I see?!?
You sir have great taste!

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #142,130 of 177,747
I have four more slots in my PC so I just need to buy a new hard drive. Not that cheap though, I just checked and the price per GB of the drive I bought 4.5 years ago (3.54 cents / GB) is close to the same as the current lowest prices in the Netherlands (2.95 cents / GB).

so you are back in the Netherlands now? you should have bought sth when you are in Japan ! 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #142,131 of 177,747

I'm thankful I dropped it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2rbk10/ive_never_seen_such_a_relatable_manga_character/cneh0ur

To all the Railgun Misaka lovers out there

I fully agree with this statement and the one below it on Index.

She represents what a Tsubdere SHOULD be and not a 24/7 foul tempered woman.

Damn straight. Misaka's Tsundere is top-notch. And while I like Oreimo, Kirino is 90% tsun and 10% dere, and even then she tries to hide it.

Railgun has jumped up my watch list, for research purposes.

Jan 5, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #142,132 of 177,747

I should have put a colon after that. I was referring to the contents of the quote below it:
[/quote]

Ah haha. The only one of those I recognize is Black Butler, which I watched thru its entirety having never read the manga. I didn't care for it... would not recommend it next to the other anime on my list.

[user=262031]@mechgamer123[/user] Seattleites unite! I've only been here a month but I love it. I moved here from Michigan. Seattle is much better in all accounts except for taxes and traffic.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #142,133 of 177,747

Speaking of Seattle, I just spent the last 2 hours putting together one of these since I got one for a Christmas gift.
http://www.fascinations.com/metalearth/360/mms014/index.html

Freaking hard to put together and I broke a piece on the first step of the instructions. I'd say it's harder to put together than a Gundam model because at least Gundam models have sturdy structures made of plastic. One wrong move with this super thin steel and you're screwed. I nearly broke another piece putting together the "clamshell" structure at the top.

^ I didn't think the iPhone was capable of having a depth of field effect like that. That's actually pretty cool, but it doesn't look very good for this photo.

Ooh I definitely agree too! I think I'm a bit of clarity whore and that's probably why I like STAX so much, they just sound so much clearer than dynamics!

That's an awesome metal sculpture thing! I always saw those but never tried putting one together... :X

Welcome, yet another Seattlite on the thread I see?!?
You sir madam have great taste!

The iPhone 4S has a pretty wide aperture, so it can do stuff like that. It's also why iPhone 4S cases have a larger camera cutout than cases designed for the 4.

dscf8815.jpg

dscf8827.jpg

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #142,134 of 177,747

@mechgamer123 Seattleites unite! I've only been here a month but I love it. I moved here from Michigan. Seattle is much better in all accounts except for taxes and traffic.

Oh nice! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm (relatively) new to the area as well, I've only been living here on and off for college for about a year now. The traffic, well I usually stay at my dorm most of the time but I-5 really sucks trying to travel to Tacoma on Friday afternoon -_-

The iPhone 4S has a pretty wide aperture, so it can do stuff like that. It's also why iPhone 4S cases have a larger camera cutout than cases designed for the 4.

dscf8815.jpg

dscf8827.jpg

Huh, #themoreyouknow. Btw did anyone else know the iPhone 4S (and probably other iPhones) have thermal controls that will prevent the phone from turning on if it gets too hot?
I didn't until my gf left hers on the dash of my car in the sun for ~2 hours. Then again maybe hers is just b0rked. Sometimes it will refuse to toggle speakerphone for a good minute or so of spamming the button.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #142,136 of 177,747
  Oh nice! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm (relatively) new to the area as well, I've only been living here on and off for college for about a year now. The traffic, well I usually stay at my dorm most of the time but I-5 really sucks trying to travel to Tacoma on Friday afternoon -_-

I literally laughed out loud. I-5 sucks from 7am to 7pm Monday thru Friday. I've traveled at 2pm every day of the week and the ramps are clogged and southbound traffic is backed up for miles. I've witnessed near-misses, almost hit a vehicle that slammed their brakes quicker than mine slam (I was able to dodge out my lane into the right lane that was fortuitously open) and almost been hit several times by crazy people exiting or entering from ramps.

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #142,137 of 177,747
Haven't watched Black Butler or finished the second season of Index or watched Railgun.

Just finished Zero no Tsukaima. It got some development in the end I guess, overall mheh. I finished it so my OCD is happy. Now to do the same with the next 3 anime in my que.

Need nap first though it's 4:30 here...AM...

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #142,139 of 177,747

dscf8815.jpg

dscf8827.jpg

Huh, #themoreyouknow. Btw did anyone else know the iPhone 4S (and probably other iPhones) have thermal controls that will prevent the phone from turning on if it gets too hot?
I didn't until my gf left hers on the dash of my car in the sun for ~2 hours. Then again maybe hers is just b0rked. Sometimes it will refuse to toggle speakerphone for a good minute or so of spamming the button.

The iPhone is the only smartphone that has a temperature safeguard to my knowledge. I've only ever encountered it by intentionally heating my iPhone up using a hot air gun.

Mmmm...expired roasted seaweed on expired Christmas-themed plates.

jgAy7Af.jpg

Jan 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #142,140 of 177,747
Halp... Pulled the trigger on a W3000ANV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back