「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #119,117 of 177,745
  By the way soup-chan, if I recall correctly you bought some posters from pixiv or something like that? What was the rough price and would you recommend the purchase in regards to print quality and such?

Having some Booker's bourbon atm, not too sure I'd rate it significantly higher than Maker's Mark, I'd give it 6/10. Muricaahhhh.

Well what I did was stealing downloading the pictures from Pixiv and sending them to some online copyshop to get them printed on nice poster paper.
Took a bit to figure out the right size. You don't want your 1000 x 800 picture stretched out on an 80cm x 80cm poster :p
Pretty happy with the result!

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #119,118 of 177,745

OI OI. I'm working, here! Cut some slack :)

You really really don't have to respond to all the stupid posts here. Just skip as much stuff as you want.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #119,119 of 177,745
Weow then, I'm done with about half of prisma illya's first episode. Damn, I gotta say it's so strange to see shirou, illya, sella and leysritt eating breakfast like that...

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #119,120 of 177,745

mm, looks scrumptious, judging from random images. Monogatari was added to my to-watch list a few days ago. Your gesture is romantic, so I'll make it the next series I watch.

I assume you mean the 234. Although I usually prefer stealth black, I like the platinum finish far more - it looks like something out of a Resident Evil movie!

This will jog your memory a little better:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is my favorite computer-animated film. There are two anime films included as a bonus with the limited edition DVD box set and the Advent Children Complete Blu-ray. The first one is very special if you're a Final Fantasy VII fan. (Please tell me you've beaten that game.)

You may already know that I collect Final Fantasy soundtracks. One of the rarest items I have is the first press edition of the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Original Soundtrack.

It comes with the most gorgeous foil slipcase:

The pic is from the Sailor Moon - Adult Edition anime that my imaginary production company is developing. (I'm obviously kidding.)

Yeah, you missed a lot... Did you see the four Rosario + Vampire OP/ED vids?

This image is so cool that I set it as my wallpaper.

A little background info:
deadlylover: "Touhou + Sailor Moon"
me: "Please show me anything that is remotely similar to that image in anime form!"
deadlylover: "I don't think there's anything that compares to that image, the budget would have to be astronomical."

(I would properly quote all that, but already started composing this reply.)

Did my own search for the image. This seems to be the link to the original. Not sure what connection it has to the games and animation. It was also described on another site as "The celestial guardians. By NEKO."

@deadlylover Care to elaborate on the specifics of this image?

Safely nestled in the loving arms of abject oblivion, of course.
biggrin.gif

(But if you look at his posts, it would appear he's been busier watching anime than posting here.)

Monogatarararararararararagi is just so good. I'll somewhat patiently await your feedback on it.

It was the 234 I was referring to, yes, and the one I aesthetically liked was the one on their site's landing page.

That swag!!!!! Yes, while it's only been a single time, I did experience the glory that is Final Fantasy VII.

I listened to all of the R+V OP/ED's you posted, I guess I forgot to multi-post tag that when I came back... woops. The light and dark contrast between the OP+ED's was almost comical. I think I'll add it to my plan to watch list. 

The image is really pretty, and the video posted elsewhere was also quite enjoyable. Someone picket ufotable or something to make me another pretty anime. 

And yes! In fairness, I watched a crapload of anime over the weekend. I was going to save my NGNL review for after finishing it, as well as with Blood-C and Katanagatari. All three should be completed in the next week, I think?

As for airing shows yet to be mentioned, has anyone been following Akame ga Kill? Episode 3 was out yesterday.

I'm really loving the pacing and tone of this series. It is as quick paced as Kill la Kill, and similarly toned. They take brutality and make a joke of it. And then sprinkle some hilariously badass characters on top.   
The only inconsistency I was unsure of was the "martial artist master." Dude, seriously? You're a master. A teenager with a sword holds onto your stomach, and all you can do is freak out and hit pound on his back repeatedly? Don't you know how to grapple? I get that it's humorous, and set the stage for another solid character building moment between Tatsumi and Mine, but come on. Is Tatsumi really that strong? Doubtful.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #119,121 of 177,745

If you'd like us to know what you do, what you're into, etc., you can fill in your profile.

Sir, yes! Joking - I don't mind.

I work 7a-4p Eastern, in IT. I'm currently lower on the totem pole, but climbing as quickly as I can. My desire is to become a networking engineer. I earned my CCNA just under two months ago, and plan to have my CCNP Route/Switch by Spring of next year. That's an ambitious goal, obviously, so we'll see how much time I have to dedicate to it. I'll fill out the rest of my goodies on my profile as to not force feed my life unto anyone. For reference, if it matters, I'm 24.

You really really don't have to respond to all the stupid posts here. Just skip as much stuff as you want.

Subtle jabs, back and forth. I enjoy it, no problem :wink:

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #119,122 of 177,745
I suppose so, with the name. My roommate works phone retail, and he told me about a guy who walked in that was literally named "Big Money." He wore a red pinstripe suit and bought three phones. This was in a rougher part of town, before he switched stores. I believed every second of it.

Hope you like the knife, I looked into Mac knives a bit before landing on the Global and they seemed quite nice. A chef's knife is really all you'll ever need, anything after that is just for convenience in my opinion. Unless you're a professional or something.

Haha, that's kinda awesome. I think it's more a jab a Russian naming schemes and traditions, and honestly, I'd seen something similar IRL. It wasn't quite that ridiculous, but I remember being like, "wait seriously?"

Yea, it's a renaissance knife. There was also a paring knife on sale which I wish I had gotten in retrospect. Unless you plan to do very specific things very often, a chefs knife will get you most places.

I think the "all you really need" set is a paring knife and a chefs knife. Personally, if you eat bread, I'd argue a bread knife into that set.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #119,123 of 177,745
  Subtle jabs, back and forth. I enjoy it, no problem :wink:

It's just something that scares off a lot of new members.
So many things to quote, thread moving fast etc etc

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #119,124 of 177,745
Can anyone here recommend a good "ultrabook"?

• I'd like to keep it closer to 3lbs, the lower the better.
  • at least 1080p
  • closer to a 13-inch screen
  • minimum 2 USB ports but 3 would be amazing
  • i5 would be ideal, as i7 would likely get me into more than I'd like to pay territory
  • a keyboard with firm bracing and no mushiness. This one is pretty high up on my list of needs for spending ultrabook money.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #119,125 of 177,745
Haha, that's kinda awesome. I think it's more a jab a Russian naming schemes and traditions, and honestly, I'd seen something similar IRL. It wasn't quite that ridiculous, but I remember being like, "wait seriously?"

Yea, it's a renaissance knife. There was also a paring knife on sale which I wish I had gotten in retrospect. Unless you plan to do very specific things very often, a chefs knife will get you most places.

I think the "all you really need" set is a paring knife and a chefs knife. Personally, if you eat bread, I'd argue a bread knife into that set.

Yeah, I didn't think about the paring knife. I use mine constantly, I don't know what I was thinking. I need a new one actually, mine is awful.

It's just something that scares off a lot of new members.

So many things to quote, thread moving fast etc etc

I love the speed of it. Always something to read to fill the void :)

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #119,126 of 177,745
@Music Alchemist and  @Spada05 are doing a magnificent job at speeding up this thread!

The new generation is taking over!
biggrin.gif

The Alchemist grows a sword...

Monogatarararararararararagi is just so good. I'll somewhat patiently await your feedback on it.

It was the 234 I was referring to, yes, and the one I aesthetically liked was the one on their site's landing page.

That swag!!!!! Yes, while it's only been a single time, I did experience the glory that is Final Fantasy VII.

I listened to all of the R+V OP/ED's you posted, I guess I forgot to multi-post tag that when I came back... woops. The light and dark contrast between the OP+ED's was almost comical. I think I'll add it to my plan to watch list. 

The image is really pretty, and the video posted elsewhere was also quite enjoyable. Someone picket ufotable or something to make me another pretty anime. 

And yes! In fairness, I watched a crapload of anime over the weekend. I was going to save my NGNL review for after finishing it, as well as with Blood-C and Katanagatari. All three should be completed in the next week, I think?

As for airing shows yet to be mentioned, has anyone been following Akame ga Kill? Episode 3 was out yesterday.

I'm really loving the pacing and tone of this series. It is as quick paced as Kill la Kill, and similarly toned. They take brutality and make a joke of it. And then sprinkle some hilariously badass characters on top.   
The only inconsistency I was unsure of was the "martial artist master." Dude, seriously? You're a master. A teenager with a sword holds onto your stomach, and all you can do is freak out and hit pound on his back repeatedly? Don't you know how to grapple? I get that it's humorous, and set the stage for another solid character building moment between Tatsumi and Mine, but come on. Is Tatsumi really that strong? Doubtful.

...so you like the black more than the platinum? MEH with MEHstard sauce.

I could show you things in Final Fantasy VII that you would never have imagined.

Glad to hear you plan on acquainting yourself with my harem.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #119,127 of 177,745
Can anyone here recommend a good "ultrabook"?

• I'd like to keep it closer to 3lbs, the lower the better.
  • at least 1080p
  • closer to a 13-inch screen
  • minimum 2 USB ports but 3 would be amazing
  • i5 would be ideal, as i7 would likely get me into more than I'd like to pay territory
  • a keyboard with firm bracing and no mushiness. This one is pretty high up on my list of needs for spending ultrabook money.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is going to sound cliché, but maybe a MacBook Pro 13"? Scissor keyboard doesn't feel mushy, i5 processor, 2 USB 3.0 ports, at least 1080p, 0.5 lbs over your weight limit.
The Air hasn't gotten the Retina Display treatment...yet.

Woah what the heck? Hall effect keyboards are such a thing? o.0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology#Hall-effect_keyboard

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #119,128 of 177,745

Ehh... I'll stick with Einhänder.

Even with near-invincibility cheats, I'm not sure it's possible to beat the game without getting blown up more than a few times.

Now i want to install some ps1 emulator LOL this looks fun...
as for r-type, if you haven't tried it before do try, the good part of the game is in front of the plane there is a ball which could eat up bullets and store it as power to release special skills,
very hard and very fun

Quote:
Woah what the heck? Hall effect keyboards are such a thing? o.0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology#Hall-effect_keyboard

The name ''hall effect'', i thought is a game lol

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #119,129 of 177,745

Now i want to install some ps1 emulator LOL this looks fun...
as for r-type, if you haven't tried it before do try, the good part of the game is in front of the plane there is a ball which could eat up bullets and store it as power to release special skills,
very hard and very fun

Comparing R-Type and Einhänder to Touhou games is a bit of a stretch IMO :D

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #119,130 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back