「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #114,782 of 177,745
So PSY'S Hangover ft Snoop is actually a thing. Welp.

[Rule]

Hmmm... Powerful Vocals on this one, not sure about the random dubstep tho

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/49tpIMDy9BE[/VIDEO]

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #114,784 of 177,745
Poor mastering too unfortunately, despite being mastered for iTunes.

Kinda expected. Lindsey and Lzzy are both very talented ladies, but they've always had terrible mastering in albums. Which is why while I am a fan of Sterling, I only listen on YouTube. :/

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #114,785 of 177,745
  (O.O) Data caps...who's your ISP?

Bigpond (Telstra)

Dayum....

Try compression techniques like a VPN that has massive compression or a program that will do it. Or use web apps or apps like Opera Turbo that do a schiit ton of caching and compression

Another technique would be to get a VPS and remote desktop to it. This mainly only works well for accessing static content and downloading large files there and then 'viewing' the static files. 
Example would be say your job requires access to large manuscripts or data 24/7 but isn't good enough to provide or care that you have a data cap at home. You could then use a vps and remote in as a way to bypass your data caps limitations. Not sure how much data rdp or VNC uses, but for that circumstance, it should be less.

But for anime viewing?....yeah......

You could get a seedbox or a vps and then download anime or large files there. Then get a laptop, and use a public hotspot (starbucks or University or school) to access and download it onto a hard drive during class (in your backpack) and then have all the files locally at home

......yeah, all I can think of at the moment besides using mobile hot spots and tethering to computer if you somehow had a grandfathered mobile hotspot unlimited data plan

I might consider the seedbox thing, it sounds interesting!

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #114,787 of 177,745
It is 3:30am, and I am very, very, underwhelmed.

Spice and Wolf truly broke my heart in ONE WAY that every good anime always does.

Read the manga.However, Spice and Wolf is a light novel, woo! I love novels, I don't like picture books.

Yup, you truly went there didn't yah. Something I thought I would never do ever since I started watching anime.
But not to worry, I truly crushed my feelings tonight by googling "Spice and Wolf ending explanation" in google images. Surely enough, I got a nice clean screenshot of it and spoiled myself.

Yaaaaaaay.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #114,789 of 177,745
Just finished the third season of Zero no Tsukaima. This dense male MC + tsundere female MC combo is getting pretty old.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #114,790 of 177,745

Upgrade to the 500GB plan, or, plan a month of heavy downloading and ask them to uncap you, you'll have unlimited internet for the rest of that month. They'll let you do this a few times per year IIRC.

Yeah, three times a year I think. But in the long run the 500 GB seems like the better choice.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #114,791 of 177,745
Jun 9, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #114,792 of 177,745
In terms of art direction, it seems pretty bland and nothing really stands out, but that doesn't mean it's bad by any means.

Apparently a decent chunk of the budget was spent on the animation.  I'm guessing the rest went to top notch audio.  I still dream in techni-audio about that show.  Waking up in a cold sweat and all that.

Speaking of top notch.  I recently got a Vita, and I'm really enjoying Persona 4 Golden.  Pretty catchy music. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #114,793 of 177,745
What. The. ****.

Yeah.... There was a reason why I didn't link the MV, couldn't make it past 1min myself, it's just all over the place

Speaking of top notch.  I recently got a Vita, and I'm really enjoying Persona 4 Golden.  Pretty catchy music. 

P4G is awesome. Way better handheld version the P3P. I personally am excited to see how P4G Animation will play out, as they now have way more material, and it seems like they might be throwing some original content in there too. Hyped!

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #114,794 of 177,745
  By the time I finished school I already forgot my three years worth of French. Never liked that language anyway.
It's pretty uncommon here in Germany to be better at Japanese than at French :p

C'est un sacrilège! On n'oublie pas la langue française comme ca. Il ne faut pas la détester, il faut l'aimer cette belle langue qu'on appelle le français! Regarde tous les français, nous somme tellement fière de notre langue que on s'en FOUT des autres langues!
Cela est un plaisir de vous rencontrer monsieur, je vais m'y en aller et déguster un bon camembert avec une baguette et un verre de bordeaux. 
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, French is not an easy language to master if it's not your mother tongue. Though I'm the exception here since my mother tongue is Indonesian but went into French school since I was a kid. Now, I'm pretty much fluent.

Friendship for the win!

Left: Italy
Center: Germany
Right: Japan

Friends Forever!

Since WW2!!!!

Lol! Pretty much sums up every reactions of BnP first timers.

What. The. ****.

Well that was ****.

Concerning all of that BnP things that I read here I watched all 3 episodes out of curiosity and I ended up with more questions in my head than answers, especially the third one.
Yeah it was shocking at first but I did kind of expect it. The only thing that baffles me is how the hell it was approved.
I love how wikipedia says that it was "intensively product-tested before production". I wonder what those tests were?

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #114,795 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back