「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 28, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #96,151 of 177,745

This is a bit old BTW. Seems to be holding steady at 40USD ATM. Need deadly to chime in
size]

Mine all the litecoins!!!

Hah~

Went to go return one of my dead 7950's, they refused, and they only wanted to send it off for repair which would take 2-4 weeks.

So instead, I'm getting the NSW Fair Trading chaps involved, and I might take the store to court to get by damn refund of $299. 
tongue.gif
 I'm in the right, because they have to offer a replacement or a refund for a major failure according to Australian Consumer Law, and they're only allowed to offer repair for minor failures.

I bought a 280X meanwhile for $388, not too bad at all.

With everything combined, I'm pulling 2488kh/s which is 1.64LTC per day, or $80/day after conversion from LTC>BTC>$USD.

Life is good.

It's like I get a free bottle of scotch per day!

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #96,152 of 177,745

Hah~

Went to go return one of my dead 7950's, they refused, and they only wanted to send it off for repair which would take 2-4 weeks.

So instead, I'm getting the NSW Fair Trading chaps involved, and I might take the store to court to get by damn refund of $299. 
tongue.gif
 I'm in the right, because they have to offer a replacement or a refund for a major failure according to Australian Consumer Law, and they're only allowed to offer repair for minor failures.

I bought a 280X meanwhile for $388, not too bad at all.

With everything combined, I'm pulling 2488kh/s which is 1.64LTC per day, or $80/day after conversion from LTC>BTC>$USD.

Life is good.

It's like I get a free bottle of scotch per day!

I need more processing power. Only 20USD a day here..................... First world problems
tongue.gif
. I wanted to buy some litecoins earlier, but doesn't seem like there's any easy option for me ATM.

Good luck with the Fair Trading thing. Though it sounds like you have it sorted out.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #96,153 of 177,745

I need more processing power. Only 20USD a day here..................... First world problems
tongue.gif
. I wanted to buy some litecoins earlier, but doesn't seem like there's any easy option for me ATM.

Ughh, it's a bloody pain.

I'm using coinjar.io which is an Aussie website that deals with buying and selling bitcoins. You gotta confirm your ID before you can use internet bank transfer for deposits, and that takes a couple of days, not to mention the extra day or two for the actual bank transfer to take place. Then all you have to do is transfer the BTC to btc-e and trade into litecoins.

I wanted to buy in LTC @ $20 a pop....yeah, that's not happening, it'll be at least Tuesday before I actually have any BTC to trade with. 
mad.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #96,154 of 177,745
You people make me want to stay away from this whole coin business more than ever.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #96,156 of 177,745

Ughh, it's a bloody pain.

I'm using coinjar.io which is an Aussie website that deals with buying and selling bitcoins. You gotta confirm your ID before you can use internet bank transfer for deposits, and that takes a couple of days, not to mention the extra day or two for the actual bank transfer to take place. Then all you have to do is transfer the BTC to btc-e and trade into litecoins.

I wanted to buy in LTC @ $20 a pop....yeah, that's not happening, it'll be at least Tuesday before I actually have any BTC to trade with. 
mad.gif

I know right!?! So many hoops to jump though. I actually think Coinjar would be the best option for me as well despite not even being in the country ATM...

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #96,157 of 177,745
Maybe I should start mining some coins. I wonder if 2600k and a 660ti worth my time doing it.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #96,158 of 177,745
Failed to take my compulsory PE course for next semester because all the PE courses are full within a few minutes of the registration period
frown.gif

And the registration server suffers from DDoS for the first 15mins of our registration period..... damn

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #96,159 of 177,745
Maybe I should start mining some coins. I wonder if 2600k and a 660ti worth my time doing it.

Make your own coin burning module using FPGAs
biggrin.gif

or hack your school's super computer :p

Maybe I should make a hash cracking module using FPGAs for my final year project....

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #96,160 of 177,745

https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

Don't think it's really worth it with Nvidia cards. Seems like they've come some way since the last time I checked them due to CudaMiner, but they still really don't come close to AMD cards for whatever reason. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #96,161 of 177,745

Make your own coin burning module using FPGAs :D  
or hack your school's super computer :p

Maybe I should make a hash cracking module using FPGAs for my final year project....

Maybe next term I will grab some FPGA using uni funds as a "group" project.

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #96,164 of 177,745
3921_bc63_500.jpeg

Not sure if you've heard, but the GuP Vita game got a date - June 26th 2014

And a PV:

Also, the limited edition:

The game will ship on June 26 for 6,640 yen (about US$66). A 9,980-yen (US$100) limited-first-edition "Rival wa Takaramono Box" will come with (1) a box with exclusive visual art, (2 & 3) two original bonus video DVDs, (4) a special booklet, (5) bath posters with exclusive visual art, (6) interchangeable variant jacket covers for the different teams, and (7) the game itself.

03-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back