「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Sep 22, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #90,662 of 177,745
I get sneak-peek press photos of their inner workings. And now I know what's truly in a cat's rear (rainbows) A dinner with the president with Iams. And all the kitty litter and catnip I could ever need. And I didn't need any in the first place, so what does that amount to - like one spoonful?

It's an very unrewarding and very high-risk profession.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #90,663 of 177,745

How did you get so many boxes!?

I didn't. I would have died if I did, which is why I had to lower the loft

I was a good 8 feet+ off the ground with the previous loft. A table was also right below where my head would land if I fell thereby causing me to break my neck and feet as my body first hits the desk and then the floor

I thought they came one at a time, so I ordered 10. Turns out they came in packs of 25... orz
Wow. Good thing you fixed that so you don't die then!

Wait, why do you need 64GB???? O.o

Well, if I wanted to store the entire series of Toradora (Atom, this is for you), Madoka, Steins;Gate, other games, and music...64gb is nice.

Why the hell would you need to put all of that on your phone at once though?

Wait, why do you need 64GB???? O.o

Better too much than not enough. Especially since you can't use a card.
(also, I'd love to be able to take my whole library with me)

Yes, this is true (coming from someone who has a 64GB iPad)
But seriously, for a phone???

To carry high-res RAWs of shota. Duh.

I can't imagine life without 64GB, internal or SD.

Then again I use a Discman on alternate weedays.

Eh, seriously? I'm currently using 3.5GB on my phone...

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #90,665 of 177,745
And here I am muddling over what to keep and what to leave out on the playlist in the 64GB microSD card for the Clip Zip. 
I guess there's not a lot of portable listening going on here...

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #90,666 of 177,745
Just stared Otorimonogatari (anime)....
What... the... hell..... Nadeko-chan.....
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #90,667 of 177,745
  My sad battlestation

frown.gif

Nononono you can't just hang a communist flag there!
You are in capitalist central right now!
Zero points for Boweidor!

Cat scared the living crap out of me when it "gifted" me this buzzing green monster.

Also, music:

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #90,668 of 177,745
Now that's one fine cat. Smooth, dark, and great midrange. 6.5/5. Would cat.

US Christmas - conceptually I should love it, it mixes my two favourite genres. But I've not taken to any of their albums. It's just so...generic. I have the same problem with Agalloch and Rosetta. So generic. Like they're playing from the genre textbooks. Nothing really stands out and makes me really like them. Coincidentally all three of these bands are American, and this reinforces my bias whenever I come across an American band nowadays. If it ain't anti-establishment and Swedish I just don't know.

Sep 22, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #90,669 of 177,745
  Now that's one fine cat. Smooth, dark, and great midrange. 6.5/5. Would cat.

US Christmas - conceptually I should love it, it mixes my two favourite genres. But I've not taken to any of their albums. It's just so...generic. I have the same problem with Agalloch and Rosetta. So generic. Like they're playing from the genre textbooks. Nothing really stands out and makes me really like them. Coincidentally all three of these bands are American, and this reinforces my bias whenever I come across an American band nowadays. If it ain't anti-establishment and Swedish I just don't know.

How much do I have to pay you for this review?

Generic? Really? Well, I don't know thaaat much about this sub-genre. Agalloch is cool and everything but can be a bit boring from time to time.
Any suggestions on something not so generic along this line?

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #90,670 of 177,745
Hello.
Anything interesting happen the past three days?

I held my birthday party yesterday, even though it's almost two weeks until my actual birthday. It was fun, although more than half of the people I invited didn't come because they had something else to do.

Oh, and I received a go board with stones from three friends. Now I can, uh... Play go at home. Against, uh... myself?
Still pretty cool to have one, I guess.

Now back to home work.

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #90,671 of 177,745
Exactly one bottle of catnip.

Yeah, it's almost formulaic in a sense. So here's the thing -  I frequent Tom Lee (a music store branch) a lot...for various reasons. So we see all sorts of these newbie bands buying stuff - and the thing is you knew they were nubs because when you ask them what they played they went off and listed some extravagantly complex subgenre - post-avant-experiment-math-drone-doom-dream-pop. Well not that but you get the idea. You have varied hipster taste. We get it.

And the funny thing is that the stuff they played - were very formulaic mixes of these genres in some sort of massup. Very by-the-book. You put in some jazz excerpts, drone on for a while, put in some jazz again, oh grunge chorus. It's all rather lame. As if they're more enamoured with the idea of a band and these genres, then actually focusing on I dunno, being original and sticking to their guns and learning how to play a gd instrument properly. 

So these upstarts with labels like "post-drone" and "metal with post-rock influences" ... tell them to focus on something other than genres and licking their own arseholes dammit.

But dunno, can't think of anything really good. Like I said I'm not fond of mashups for the sake of mashups. But then you get stuff that's intentionally doing that but is unintentionally originally good - http://aquiline.bandcamp.com/album/misc-ahead

But you want heavy drone/grunge space rock - can't think of anything in the heavy/hardcore vein. Why don't you just chill out with some classics, maybe I'll have my creative side working tomorrow.

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #90,672 of 177,745
Oh, and I received a go board with stones from three friends. Now I can, uh... Play go at home. Against, uh... myself?
Still pretty cool to have one, I guess.

Plastic, yunzi or the slate/clamshells?

Don't underestimate playing with yourself (no innuendo). Solving life-and-death and ghost-playing are valuable skills. Half the time practicing involves playing with yourself (no innuendo)

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #90,673 of 177,745
Plastic, yunzi or the slate/clamshells?

Don't underestimate playing with yourself (no innuendo). Solving life-and-death and ghost-playing are valuable skills. Half the time practicing involves playing with yourself (no innuendo)

They're glass. Pretty good quality, though of course they are nothing near slate/clamshell ones. Or in the very least it's incredible compared to plastic or paper stones I usually play with. Getting clamshell/slate ones as a birthday present would be a little too pricey :p
The board is beech wood by the way. That's pretty sweet as well.

I know playing against myself is good, and I probably will. Additionally, I'm probably going to play weekly at a club. I want to get at least to something like 15K, right now I'm 23/24K (based on matches against an 18K player) which ain't particularly good. xP

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #90,674 of 177,745
This week's Uchuu Kyoudai was particularly good. I love how there's definite progress every episode -- despite being slow -- and how there's character development every single episode too.

Often a character is painted as a bad guy or annoying person at first, and a few episodes later he is featured in the larger part of an episode and you'll come to love that character after disliking him at first.

Just like real life, there are no bad people. Just people who seem bad at first, but actually turn out to be great people once you get to know them a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back