「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #7,066 of 177,745
Quote:
Just came back from a math exam. 2 down, 15 to go :/

@b1o2r3i4s5

Why did you get a custom tip and not a custom reshell? They do those too for the TF10, right?

15 Exams?? more like 5 right?

Custom tip -> $62
Custom reshell -> $170 + shipping (Requires e-payment which I can't do myself)
 and I doubt its going to sound much better after reshelling with the TF10 drivers.

May 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #7,067 of 177,745
15 Exams?? more like 5 right?

Custom tip -> $62

Custom reshell -> $170 + shipping (Requires e-payment which I can't do myself)
 and I doubt its going to sound much better after reshelling with the TF10 drivers.

7 subjects, each have 2-3 papers, giving a total of 17 exams.
A total of 26 hours of examination, ugh.

I have done English Paper 1 and Maths Paper 1 now. Maths Paper 2 is tomorrow.

And wow, $62 seems like a pretty nice deals for custom tips.

May 3, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #7,068 of 177,745
b10, what would happen if I come down to HK just for fun? I am going back to home country this summer, and since my senior did went there(because of the 10 hour transit time in between the connecting flights) and I just "ZOMG need to go there" listening him describing about all the tech stores there. How foreigner-friendly is HK? More to the point I want to know the trustworthy audiophile stores LOL. Oh and general sight-seeing and stuff.

May 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #7,071 of 177,745
Quote:
b10, what would happen if I come down to HK just for fun? I am going back to home country this summer, and since my senior did went there(because of the 10 hour transit time in between the connecting flights) and I just "ZOMG need to go there" listening him describing about all the tech stores there. How foreigner-friendly is HK? More to the point I want to know the trustworthy audiophile stores LOL. Oh and general sight-seeing and stuff.

Well to begin with, you will have to get used to listening to the weird english that most people can speak here. Customer service is quite good for the stores I go to, but you're probably not going to find a audiophile store that won't sell you overpriced cables and other "BS" if that's what you mean by "trustworthy". As for general sight-seeing? I'm not sure, I don't go sight-seeing in HK and more or less just dislikes traveling in general. Hope that helps.

May 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #7,072 of 177,745
Quote:
Quote:

Well to begin with, you will have to get used to listening to the weird english that most people can speak here. Customer service is quite good for the stores I go to, but you're probably not going to find a audiophile store that won't sell you overpriced cables and other "BS" if that's what you mean by "trustworthy". As for general sight-seeing? I'm not sure, I don't go sight-seeing in HK and more or less just dislikes traveling in general. Hope that helps.

Weird English (been there, done that) and audiophoolery is no deterrent. I mean generally as a store; cheating or something like that. General sight seeing is no problem, I'll just ask my senior about it. Well good then if the customer service is good. Only trouble is if it's too far away from the airport, since if I'm not staying at least for a night (most likely won't) then it will be a problem LOL.

May 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #7,073 of 177,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird English (been there, done that) and audiophoolery is no deterrent. I mean generally as a store; cheating or something like that. General sight seeing is no problem, I'll just ask my senior about it. Well good then if the customer service is good. Only trouble is if it's too far away from the airport, since if I'm not staying at least for a night (most likely won't) then it will be a problem LOL.

People do that?!?!
Um... Google maps is your friend? That's what I use to get around. (but for whatever reason it won't load for me now)
All the store are more or less all clustered together so you could just walk from one to another.
I could point you to a few stores worth going to if you want.

May 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #7,074 of 177,745
Quote:

People do that?!?!
Um... Google maps is your friend? That's what I use to get around. (but for whatever reason it won't load for me now)
All the store are more or less all clustered together so you could just walk from one to another.
I could point you to a few stores worth going to if you want.

Well I'm just covering my money tis all. I'd appreciate with what stores you frequent, and yes I'd check Google maps myself later. Hmm what I'll be looking for is maybe a place to get these ears yearning a Stax and some demo CIEMs. I think that's mostly what I want to do audiophile wise. Maybe places that's relatively cheaper to shop for too. Or just where you usually go to is okay.

May 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #7,075 of 177,745
Hey guys, still remember me? I've been off from head-fi for a while, been very busy because of school, I had not much time to watch anime or read manga but at least today I can breathe and let some steam for a while.
As a return present, here's a work in progress project that I'm doing right now. Took me 30 minutes to draw it.
There aren't much AKG K550 anime girls are there?

Needs some refinement and patching up before going digital.

May 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #7,077 of 177,745
Quote:
Not bad, better than I could in any case.
I assume you are going to vectorize it?

Yep, got all the programs needed and the hardware to do it.
Vectorizing and lining in Manga Studio EX 4.0
Colouring in Corel Painter 12
Effects and finishing in Photoshop CS5
and a Wacom Intuos 4

May 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #7,079 of 177,745
Quote:
Hey guys, still remember me? I've been off from head-fi for a while, been very busy because of school, I had not much time to watch anime or read manga but at least today I can breathe and let some steam for a while.
As a return present, here's a work in progress project that I'm doing right now. Took me 30 minutes to draw it.
There aren't much AKG K550 anime girls are there?

Needs some refinement and patching up before going digital.

Incoming critique from someone who can't draw to save his life now, but can back in school 5 years back. (Where did you go imagination and creativity? I missed you so, please come back. We'll have sweet sweet love and churn out offspring like the couple of active hares we are. 
frown.gif
)

The K550 earpads is small relative to the head, at least judging from what'shisname's pic of it on his head. Eyes is a little bit wonky. Other than that, I guess it's okay. Beats my friend's (and curbstomping  my 5-years-ago self's) skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back