「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #58,261 of 177,747
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got some new new glasses, if you're into that sort of thing.

Sexy.

While I like the look of rimless glasses, I was afraid of the lens cracking in a few years time. I settled for something half-rimmed for my new pair, I'll show them when they arrive.

What did you go for in terms of the lenses?

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #58,262 of 177,747
Quote:

Sexy.

While I like the look of rimless glasses, I was afraid of the lens cracking in a few years time. I settled for something half-rimmed for my new pair, I'll show them when they arrive.

I like the rimless as of late. Very minimalist, though still not as minimalist as my contacts 
tongue.gif

Considering I won't be wearing them all that much, I'm fine with the rimless design.
Also, my family has actually had more bad luck with those half rimmed glasses that have a little rubber piece holding the frames in from the bottom.

For the lenses, I went with whatever the most expensive and lightest material there is? Dunno what it is though. They also have a progressive lens (From distance prescription down to close-up prescription) and a transitions coating. I believe that's everything?

UGH, that DAC seller still isn't back...

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #58,263 of 177,747
Sexy.

I've had rimless glasses for the past ~ 5-6 years. they're perfectly fine, mind you they don't get terribly much use as I use contacts on a daily basis generally. Ahh the big meet impressions look so fun. I may either a) road trip eventually or b) attempt to get a job in the area where bigger meets are held after I get my degree.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #58,264 of 177,747
I like the rimless as of late. Very minimalist, though still not as minimalist as my contacts 
tongue.gif

Considering I won't be wearing them all that much, I'm fine with the rimless design.
Also, my family has actually had more bad luck with those half rimmed glasses that have a little rubber piece holding the frames in from the bottom.

For the lenses, I went with whatever the most expensive and lightest material there is? Dunno what it is though. They also have a progressive lens (From distance prescription down to close-up prescription) and a transitions coating. I believe that's everything?

How do you make contacts minimalist...?

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #58,265 of 177,747
Quote:
Quote:
Sexy.

I've had rimless glasses for the past ~ 5-6 years.they're perfectly fine, mind you they don't get terribly much use as I use contacts on a daily basis generally. Ahh the big meet impressions look so fun. I may either a) road trip eventually or b) attempt to get a job in the area where bigger meets are held after I get my degree.

I have glasses with a thick black frame and sometimes the edges of the lens are hard to clean. I should have gotten rimless ones.....

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #58,266 of 177,747
Quote:
How do you make contacts minimalist...?

Because there's nothing really on your face...
I got an offer on my O2...

And it's a low ball.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #58,267 of 177,747
Quote:
Everything, yet nothing.
Look at the recent pics to see what I got today.
Also, I got a new replacement Dell IPS monitor today. SAME FCKUING PROBLEM AS THE OLD ONE! GRRRRRR

ok?

ouch..... >_<

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #58,268 of 177,747
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't know what you got?! 
size]

I went with an Essilor 1.67 index aspherical lens, with a Crizal A2 coating + transitions. I didn't want to go for progressive because I just take my glasses off when using the computer at home (I'm shortsighted), and the increased distortion of progressive lenses outweighed the convenience.

No biggie about the DAC seller, I'm in no hurry at all (but I am a little sad that the others are getting it before me, but I guess my engraving makes up for it =P). 
size]

I've had rimless glasses for the past ~ 5-6 years.they're perfectly fine, mind you they don't get terribly much use as I use contacts on a daily basis generally. Ahh the big meet impressions look so fun. I may either a) road trip eventually or b) attempt to get a job in the area where bigger meets are held after I get my degree.

I was playing with a bunch of rimless glasses in the store and they just felt so flimsy. 
size]

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #58,269 of 177,747
Quote:

You don't know what you got?! 
size]

I went with an Essilor 1.67 index aspherical lens, with a Crizal A2 coating + transitions. I didn't want to go for progressive because I just take my glasses off when using the computer at home (I'm shortsighted), and the increased distortion of progressive lenses outweighed the convenience.

I can't even see far enough to my PC without glasses. I guess the distortion is a thing, but I'm lazy :p
I actually like them more than the bifocals I had a while ago, it just takes a bit of getting used too, that's all.
Oh, and I went with the Crizal coating as well on mine.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #58,270 of 177,747
Quote:
Got into Virginia Tech :)

Oooh! Congrats Bowei!

Wow.. Now that's expensive... My uni is about $4000 per year and everybody says that is expensive! Mind you that's a private university

Panda or anybody in the US, where/how can I scout out universities to continue my studies there?

You going to transfer to the US? I always thought you were under scholarship?

Finally got the camera from my mom. Its dark already though so there's no lighting :l. Too lazy to take/edit more so here's just one for now I'll try to take more tomorrow.

Nice but... is that rust I'm seeing or is it because of the picture?

Reddit

LOL!

[size=x-small][/size]

j5GlGpVgEz6C7_e.jpg

:3 oh. Then that's probably better. The R10 is more of a collectors item now. WAIT WHAT. JUST BUY AN SR-009. $3500 and oom. 

Used? New ones cost for $5200. In other parts of the world

Yup.
I got my Ducky shine 2 today with MX blues:

I also got some new new glasses, if you're into that sort of thing.

Both look really nice!

I might get a Mechanical Keyboard, but it'd be ten keyless type. I never use them

Everything, yet nothing.
Look at the recent pics to see what I got today.
Also, I got a new replacement Dell IPS monitor today. SAME FCKUING PROBLEM AS THE OLD ONE! GRRRRRR

Ouch. Probably they just skipped yours because they thought it was normal. Lesson on why never buy a refurbished product, even if they are cheaper

they sound like sex. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MCCtBn1jiAE (NSFW)

Watch it it's hillarious! Can't seem to get the video to work. Stupid head-fi

Started watching Vandread again. This show has what Gundam doesn't! Oppais and Robot XX + Robot XY = Robot that actually kicks @ss!

And also a very erotic ED

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #58,275 of 177,747
In other news, I've spent way too much on this hobby over the past year:

And on that bombshell, I'm going to sleep. Oyasumi mina!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back