「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #46,816 of 177,745
Decided what to marathon.
Fullmetal Panic. Would be awesome to breach my marathon record and watch ALL of the episodes in one day. 49 episodes / ~20 hours.

Though really that would be impossible, since in 20 hours I need to be sitting in a train, and considering I also need food, it's just plain impossible without increasing playback speed. Hmmm.

10 hours it is then.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #46,818 of 177,745
@jgray
Just a simple course assignment. Just present anything that you like. Specifically an object. I'm free to talk whatever I want, but I have to tell the positive thing about it of course. Who knows, maybe I can poison someone on that day LOL

Hmm, if you're going to poison someone, best do it with something more attainable and not cost like a high-end pre-built PC LOL. An ATH M50 or something like that is a bit more suitable IMO, or if you're going to be showing some big guns, one of the "older flagships" maybe. But just presenting with the UERM or JH13pro or whatever is kind of crazy... unless if you're going for the jugular and want to overkill with flinging a grenade to kill a rat, then that's find LOL.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #46,819 of 177,745
I would present about headphones but what would I say?
"This is a circumaural headphones. It's really XX brand's flagship. Et cetera... " then I get into the technical stuff? I'd like to avoid that
I chose CIEMs because I'm sure nobody in my class even knew existed. Plus more non technical stuff to be said

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #46,821 of 177,745
I would present about headphones but what would I say?
"This is a circumaural headphones. It's really XX brand's flagship. Et cetera... " then I get into the technical stuff? I'd like to avoid that
I chose CIEMs because I'm sure nobody in my class even knew existed. Plus more non technical stuff to be said

Hmm IDK. Like, try to hook and convince people why close-to-perfect audio production is important to you? Say that while this and this can be had at this kilobuck price level, you can get more-than-decent audio quality at this and this RM price range? Also if this isn't due in a long time, say in 2 weeks or so, maybe you want to get into contact with Jaben and do something with them? Or at least point out that there's a place dedicated for audio production and say that they (Jaben) is a friendly and convenient place to audition audio gear. Or something like that.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #46,823 of 177,745
@jgray
You say as if I'm doing a talk show or something lol! Not that I don't appreciate it though
It's pretty much like a show and tell session. Only that thing I don't have to show

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #46,824 of 177,745
MOURETSU Space Diary: Entry №2

One of the reasons why I like Mouretsu Space Pirates back when it aired live was the meld of old technology aesthetic with sci-fi elements such as this pocket watch:

1080p image warning

I find it fascinating at how it does it; it's so much easier to have all the gadgets and data bolted or strapped to your forearm through some sort of wrist computer or at least a smartphone-esque communicator but they decided to make use of something that's rarely used even in our Real Life.

Another aspect that I like about the anime is the authenticity of the science behind, or at least from what this sci-fi lover and aviation engineer is perceiving. Sure there's some weird physics applied, like how the training space dingy can fly with a design like that (in the anime) or how the space shuttle can just do a vertical takeoff and fly straight away with a bulky, albeit still aerodynamically sound fuselage without a ventral thruster below it, but all in all they are kind of balanced by the somewhat authentic space physics.

1080p image warning

As anyone with a basic understanding of physics in space, there's no air resistance, so the basic science of aerodynamic will not apply in this case. They include thrusters such as shown above for the ships to manouver in space. This is also shown on spacecrafts much smaller than a ship that size. Even up to the docking umbilical bridges they use for boarding action is included with little decelerating thrusters. Small details and attention to authenticity like this is why I love shows that put the effort into it.

At this point in the series, around ep. 6 or so, the complexity, while not really deep in any sense, seem to ramp up a bit into a more serious tone. Sure there's still the SoL part of the show, but it's not too much of the focus for the series, and seem to focus on more how the characters develop in lieu of showing more of the universe of the series. This is another trap that I think they are smart enough to avoid, being that they are not focusing on cute girls doing cute pirating, but they take themselves serious enough to warrant believing in the universe. Sure it's not really true pirating in the sense that most expect, but they still do a decent enough job at bending around the in-show universe to make it convincing.

Also I like the yuri undertone of the series too, so any yuri seekers should also try a bit of the show too, at least for a few episodes, if you're wary to spend time on a 2-cour series (2 seasons' worth of episodes, usually numbering up to 20+ episodes). And since this is a mostly-female cast, it should provide ample fodder for more yuri goodness. But if you're expecting ecchi yuri action then you'd mostly be disappointed, at least up to this point. I don't foresee it becoming ecchi anytime soon too.

Progress: episode 8.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #46,825 of 177,745
Keeping my MSD post separate.
------------------------------
@jgray
You say as if I'm doing a talk show or something lol! Not that I don't appreciate it though
It's pretty much like a show and tell session. Only that thing I don't have to show

Haha, well I'm in a good mood, so idea just came out like breathing. Maybe just bring your T50RP and show a bit of pictures of more affordable gear, and go from there? And just expend a bit why you're going to this length for good audio production.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #46,826 of 177,745
I thought of bringing you gear. But I just don't know what to talk about headphones. IMO, CIEMs have more non technical stuff on talk about.
Amy ideas what to talk about headphones? Not given from graph is allowed. Sound sign ok I think

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #46,830 of 177,745
Quote:
Well, if I can't get enough ideas, CIEMs it is then
It's a short presentation. Like 5 minutes or so

What kinda homework is that...?
like which subject?

Quote:
I shall go and search, after I finish my homework.

LOL!!

Decided I'm done effing around with my MAL... I've already worked on this for over 10 hours....
Feel kinda bad for using part of other people's codes too, but I really don't feel like spending more time on this.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back