「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #34,291 of 177,745
Quote:
Im loving my seperate unit idea
smily_headphones1.gif
all those single units that i wish i could use a dac with the amp or an amp with the dac. No more!! Want an amp for that dac? Heres an objective 2 with bb op amps. Want a dac for that amp? Heres a flagship cirrus logic that kiteki likes! Price? Before shipping, if we get enough people it is looking like its $150

:)

Anyways, we've been talking in circles since yesterday. I wish we could sort this out. Basically there are three buttons. Power, I/O, and gain. Boris already bought some buttons, so that's what they're going to be. We all agree on having no buttons on the back, therefore we will have all three buttons on the front, just like in boris' mockups earlier. Am I missing anything?

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #34,292 of 177,745
Just watched ep 1 of Bakuman S3.

It reminded me of two things:
1) In these kinds of shows they always portray human behavior a bit off... I mean seriously, when does hating your rivals as much as they do here ever occur in the real world? Sure you can hold a grudge, but out right hating them? And multiple people on top of that? Furthermore, the relationship between the protagonist and his girlfriend is very unrealistic.
2) I don't like how shounen stories like this make almost zero progress. I would love to see
The protagonist and his girlfriend finally get married after all this time, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Despite the fact that the story could easily be continued after that. The problem is probably that the mangaka is to lazy to come up with a new motive for the story to keep on going after that happens.
I think the story could be much better if the artist chooses to make it end at a specific time to build up towards a really good ending, instead of desperately trying to keep the story going until the point where it goes down the drain and then making a half-assed ending. I've seen this happen too often in both manga and long-running Western series alike.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #34,293 of 177,745
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif
all those single units that i wish i could use a dac with the amp or an amp with the dac. No more!! Want an amp for that dac? Heres an objective 2 with bb op amps. Want a dac for that amp? Heres a flagship cirrus logic that kiteki likes! Price? Before shipping, if we get enough people it is looking like its $150

I'm kind of interest in purchasing one; but, I'm not really sure about anything about it except its a DAC/Amp that's DIYed. Maybe you guys can start an order thread if you haven't already?

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #34,294 of 177,745
Quote:

Anyways, we've been talking in circles since yesterday. I wish we could sort this out. Basically there are three buttons. Power, I/O, and gain. Boris already bought some buttons, so that's what they're going to be. We all agree on having no buttons on the back, therefore we will have all three buttons on the front, just like in boris' mockups earlier. Am I missing anything?

That sounds about right.

I'll try exporting the files in another format so haiby can do same CAD....
(but seriously... get a real CAD software....)

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #34,296 of 177,745
Forgot to order one part. ONE frigging part from the AMB shop. My order of this afternoon was shipped already, so I had to go ahead and pay the $20 shipping a second time.

I feel miserable.

Good night.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #34,297 of 177,745
Quote:
Forgot to order one part. ONE frigging part from the AMB shop. My order of this afternoon was shipped already, so I had to go ahead and pay the $20 shipping a second time.

I feel miserable.

Good night.

that sucks.
the same happened to me when I ordered the parts for project-h
except I forgot 4 parts due to a messed up BOM....

oyasumi.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #34,298 of 177,745
Quote:
That sounds about right.

Sounds fine to me.

Quote:
I feel miserable.
Good night.

ಥ_ಥ​

Oyasumi.

So today I demoed the first two episodes of Aria the Animation. The show itself doesn't necessarily seem bad, but visually this is just amazingly awful...to the point of just being completely unwatchable for me. 1970's low TV budget Lupin is a revelation in comparison.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #34,299 of 177,745
Thanks!
lock = no input
is there more than 1 killer saya?

Ok
I don't think so.

You probably couldn't open up the eBay message because it wasn't directed at your account...

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #34,300 of 177,745
Just finished first ep of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. Not bad so far. Yeah, I'm willing to overlook the overskilled protagonist for now.

Oct 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #34,301 of 177,745
Quote:
No it's not completely stupid.
While I agree switches on the back are a huge PITA, it is necessary. If you don't, then you'd have to have wires carrying AC mains throughout the entire unit, which causes interference. Or you can do the switching with relays, which requires more parts can complexity.
In this case it's not really a problem though, since you're using a wall wart instead of a built-in power supply functioning on AC mains.

Okay, yes, it isn't completely stupid but I'd prefer a rocker switch (doesn't protrude as much unless you design one of those ridiculously small reset buttons on the back of routers).

I actually don't know the orientation of the board or where the PCB with the microprocessor (essentially the control board) is situated so I'm just designing at my own will.
Quote:

That's not how it works. The units don't turn on and off separately as far as I know.

Okay, I'm confused.
Quote:
@Haibu
We would only need 1 indicator, which is the LED already above the I/O button. It only toggles between two different states I think.

This is how I imagine it:

Off = internal or 'single unit' mode
On = external or 'separate units' mode

Still confused.
Quote:
It would be more awesome to have a two-color led.
Off = device is turned off.
Blue = 'single unit' mode
Red = external or 'separate units' mode
Or using different colors.

Meh...I'd prefer one color. More uniformity and I don't have this blaring red or blue LED out of all of these white ones that looks like an "odd-one-out" LED.
Quote:

Yeah, that would be even cooler actually, haha.

That's subjective, but whatever.
Quote:
Im in georgia
@haiburi
When can i sleep over?
wink.gif

Why blu ray?
You guys decide on buttons

How long was the flight?

I have no idea, or any room.

I didn't say I wanted Blu-Ray. I don't even use it. All of my content is digital. Therefore a DVD/CD burner is perfect for me (because I still feel like burning discs for Linux distros and such since I use all of my USBs and hard drives for storage instead).

Okay.
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

We get it.
Quote:

:)

Okay, TIME TO ASK BORIS FOR CLARIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that was necessary. First time I've ever done that...I think. 
tongue.gif

Okay, Boris, tell us what buttons we have and what they do or how those settings are controlled so we can design a button system for the settings.
Quote:
I'm kind of interest in purchasing one; but, I'm not really sure about anything about it except its a DAC/Amp that's DIYed. Maybe you guys can start an order thread if you haven't already?

Nope, we haven't.
Quote:
That sounds about right.

I'll try exporting the files in another format so haiby can do same CAD....
(but seriously... get a real CAD software....)

I DON'T KNOW ANY GOOD ONES THAT ARE FREE.

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #34,304 of 177,745
Quote:
Lock? I'm confused what "lock" is for. Neutrik jack? I thought we weren't using that.

Lock indication for the DAC. Indicates whether or not it is locked onto the signal you are sending it over USB or whatever.

As for the I/O thing. This is how I understand it. There is one button and just one button. We've been referring to it as the "I/O button." Pushing the button toggles between two states. Let's call these States X & Y.

State X = Internal DAC and amp are in use. In other words, DAC accepts USB or coax input, which is then sent to and output from the headphone amplifier.

State Y= DAC and amp are disconnected from each other and now function as two separate units. The DAC accepts USB or coax input and outputs from it's RCA line outs on the back. The headphone amp will only receive any analog signal coming from it's own separate RCA line ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back