「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 22, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #166,366 of 177,745
  True.

Yep. The next iPhone will definitely have it too; hopefully it will also have USB 3.0 transfer speeds over Lightning so it won't take forever to copy 100 GB of music. The iPad Pro 12.9 already can do 3.0 transfer speeds using a Lightning to Type-C cable, so it's a possibility. It's such a shame that pretty much every phone out there that has the Type-C port (with the exception of the Lumia 950) only does 2.0 speeds. What a waste of a good port. Besides it being reversible, it seems the only thing that device and cable manufacturers use the Type-C connector for is to violate the Type-C spec.

Type-C spec didn't say that you can't use 2.0 so there you are.
  The price is higher but if lucky can find some for 80€, but they didn't list what switch...
Leaning toward K65 cuz they look easier to clean.

It's a board with cheap caps and high RMA rate because of static issues with poor grounding on the aluminum plate damaging the keyboard

May 22, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #166,367 of 177,745

True.

Yep. The next iPhone will definitely have it too; hopefully it will also have USB 3.0 transfer speeds over Lightning so it won't take forever to copy 100 GB of music. The iPad Pro 12.9 already can do 3.0 transfer speeds using a Lightning to Type-C cable, so it's a possibility. It's such a shame that pretty much every phone out there that has the Type-C port (with the exception of the Lumia 950) only does 2.0 speeds. What a waste of a good port. Besides it being reversible, it seems the only thing that device and cable manufacturers use the Type-C connector for is to violate the Type-C spec.

Type-C spec didn't say that you can't use 2.0 so there you are.

No, 2.0 isn't the problem, it's just wasting the potential of using a Type-C port. How manufacturers are violating the spec is by using incorrect resistances and changing the Vbus voltage. While not necessarily unsafe or improper, it's just non-compliant. It doesn't do the Type-C standard justice.

May 23, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #166,368 of 177,745
  No, 2.0 isn't the problem, it's just wasting the potential of using a Type-C port. How manufacturers are violating the spec is by using incorrect resistances and changing the Vbus voltage. While not necessarily unsafe or improper, it's just non-compliant. It doesn't do the Type-C standard justice.

I thought the type-c devices still uses 5v charging? 

May 23, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #166,369 of 177,745

I thought the type-c devices still uses 5v charging? 

Some Type-C devices have Qualcomm Quick Charge, which changes the Vbus voltage. 

May 23, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #166,371 of 177,745
vyezsv.jpg

May 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #166,378 of 177,745
I will never get enough of this.
Definitely one of their best!
The part that starts at 6:50 is really nuts.

May 24, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #166,379 of 177,745
I recently had to work on a project involving timezones and I was just wondering how daylight saving time works for you guys in real life?
Do you guys skip an hour at some point then have a 2-hour long hour later?
I can't imagine adjusting all the wall clocks everywhere....

May 24, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #166,380 of 177,745
  I recently had to work on a project involving timezones and I was just wondering how daylight saving time works for you guys in real life?
Do you guys skip an hour at some point then have a 2-hour long hour later?
I can't imagine adjusting all the wall clocks everywhere....

We just simply go to sleep earlier on DST. That time when DST is off during the winter time means that 1 day I will get an extra hour to play the vidya gaems.

Also yes, adjusting wallclocks is meh. Good thing I only have 1 analogue wall clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back