☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 24, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #5,101 of 5,932

Is the pick up address MOORPARK, CA 93021? Unless I have been given someone elses tracking number whose shipping address is in Qld, mine is going to the wrong address. Thanks for your help.

Yes, it is picked up from MOORPARK, CA 93021

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #5,102 of 5,932
Wow, nice... Not a big deal to me, but agree about the 'fingerprint magnet.' Anyone know the best way to clean it? I don't plan on using it much as a 'transportable amp,' but given that it's marketed as such there should be an easy way to remove fingerprints.

#486 has arrived to Canada just in time for xmas! 
Initial impressions, extremely good with the TH-X00!  Fed from the Yggy, it sounds very similar to my Ragnarok. :eek:   Will do some burn in and try with my other phones later.
Oh, and the casing is a massive fingerprint magnet!

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #5,103 of 5,932
  #486 has arrived to Canada just in time for xmas! 
Initial impressions, extremely good with the TH-X00!  Fed from the Yggy, it sounds very similar to my Ragnarok.
eek.gif
  Will do some burn in and try with my other phones later.
Oh, and the casing is a massive fingerprint magnet!

Do you get noise with the TH-X00?  I have my Carbon hooked up to a Gumby balanced and get some hum and hiss.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #5,104 of 5,932
  Do you get noise with the TH-X00?  I have my Carbon hooked up to a Gumby balanced and get some hum and hiss.

My setup is far from optimal, as you can see. LC is atop of Gumby which is all behind 2 monitors. My self-made first ever balanced cables connected to my HE560. No hiss. Nothing even on 3x gain at max volume when I selected an input without signal (optical) on the Gumby. At the same time, I have USB from a Linux computer playing into Gumby, then balanced (Monoprice Premium XLR 1.5 ft), then Mogami 2799 conductors in my cable. LC is using a Monoprice 14 AWG power cable and Gumby is using the stock cable. Both power cables are plugged into a Tripp Lite ISOBAR isolated filter bank, then straight into the wall without anything else.

Is your hiss only from the Fostex or do you hear it from other headphones? Also, does the hum and hiss change volume or is constant?

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #5,105 of 5,932
Alcohol wipes for fingerprints ladies and gents. Of course, tissue or cotton ball/pads damped in alcohol will do fine, but may leave little debris of the tissue or cotton material when rubbed against brushed aluminum, in which case, use a Swiffer Duster to brush it off.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #5,106 of 5,932
I swear FedEx are the best 
confused.gif

Tracking info shows it picked up yesterday in Cali then it makes it way to RICHMOND, BC only to then go back to Memphis for some stupid reason.
Now my schedule delivery is blank. Damn Fedex it was so close yesterday What would they take it back to Memphis.
Really makes a whole lot of sense to head south to memphis when it's going to Canada 

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #5,108 of 5,932
I swear FedEx are the best :confused:

Tracking info shows it picked up yesterday in Cali then it makes it way to RICHMOND, BC only to then go back to Memphis for some stupid reason.
Now my schedule delivery is blank. Damn Fedex it was so close yesterday What would they take it back to Memphis.
Really makes a whole lot of sense to head south to memphis when it's going to Canada 

Guessing it never made it to BC yet and that the update line on the FedEx site is a data exchange getting ready for import, or is just an errant data point. I've seen this coming from Canada into the US as well. Best way to tell us if the timing makes sense. Have seen it where it shows one update and then the next an hour later is from a location a thousand miles away.

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #5,109 of 5,932
  #464 Arrived to its home in the UK, couldn't wait 150 hours to try it out ^^

I seem to remember mention of a set of rubber feet? Where these included?

Congratulations!

No feet though - people have been posting their options to add feet.

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #5,110 of 5,932
#464 Arrived to its home in the UK, couldn't wait 150 hours to try it out ^^

I seem to remember mention of a set of rubber feet? Where these included?

No feet, the LC has two rails on the bottom. Can add your own if wanted. Cheers

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #5,113 of 5,932
Guessing it never made it to BC yet and that the update line on the FedEx site is a data exchange getting ready for import, or is just an errant data point. I've seen this coming from Canada into the US as well. Best way to tell us if the timing makes sense. Have seen it where it shows one update and then the next an hour later is from a location a thousand miles away.

It shows it first arriving in Richmond BC, Shows Clearance delay - import. Seems a custom issue or something, so it then goes to Memphis for some reason then today it makes it back to Richmond, BC and now shows International release Shipment - Import so I guess it has the right papers or something now. Though now it shows a delivery date of the 29th :frowning2: 

Date/Time
Activity Location

12/24/2015 - Thursday
8:10 amInternational shipment release - Import RICHMOND, BC

8:07 amIn transit RICHMOND, BC
  Package available for clearance
7:18 amAt destination sort facility VANCOUVER, BC

5:19 amIn transit MEMPHIS, TN

4:48 amDeparted FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

1:20 amIn transit MEMPHIS, TN

12:27 amArrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

12/23/2015 - Wednesday
7:36 pmClearance delay - Import RICHMOND, BC

3:46 pmPicked up NORTH HILLS, CA

12/17/2015 - Thursday
5:04 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Going by this the timing seems right. Just more delays

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #5,114 of 5,932
This is why I say to call them. The information was sent to Richmond first, not the unit. I had the exact same route and the same info. I called FedEx and got some clarification.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #5,115 of 5,932
i hope fedex won't lose our amps, since they were sitting there for a week..... 

doesn't make sense, i seriously hope its not lost..................  i am too pissed off knowing that i am stuck like this, 

lost? waiting? a lot of packages to be handled? 

now i hate the "Pending" word like a lot....... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back