☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 23, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #5,056 of 5,932
Guys,

I am in the same boat! Based on my experience, "shipping label" created actually mean that the package has not been picked up by FedEx and is still with the shipper or it has not been dropped off. I hope I am wrong on this!

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #5,058 of 5,932
That indeed was the case last Friday, but all the amps are in possession of FedEx since Monday.
This is why people are getting worried.

If our amps are indeed with fedex then the "pick up" notification should already be posted in the tracking page. I personally think that the pick up has yet been made.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #5,060 of 5,932
Mine is ready for pickup at my local FedEx Kinkos.  Balanced cable arrived yesterday.  It's go time

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #5,061 of 5,932
Over my life I've received 2 fedex packages that were never scanned into the system. If they miss the first scan all remaining scans won't do anything. What are the odds the whole batch was in fact picked up by fedex and never scanned but are moving to their destinations? A stretch I know but WHERE ARE THEY!!!

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #5,063 of 5,932
  That indeed was the case last Friday, but all the amps are in possession of FedEx since Monday.
This is why people are getting worried.

I have been in touch with Cavalli about this and all the amps were to have been picked up on Monday, but FedEx tracking  is not reflecting this. Cavalli says they are trying to figure out what happened to the final amps and hope to have an answer today.  The delay is unfortunate but I am sure it will all get worked out, although at this point I suspect those of us who placed the last orders will not have until next week.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #5,064 of 5,932
Just tried this the other day with my LCD-X. It's INCREDIBLE.

Any info on the next batch of Liquid Carbon? Or are there anyone want to sell their Liquid Carbon? lol

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #5,065 of 5,932
Over my life I've received 2 fedex packages that were never scanned into the system. If they miss the first scan all remaining scans won't do anything. What are the odds the whole batch was in fact picked up by fedex and never scanned but are moving to their destinations? A stretch I know but WHERE ARE THEY!!!

i second this opinion,

may be not with fedex, but a couple of times with other companies, the tracking never updated but the item was delivered.

so fingers crossed, i think there is still some probability you might receive it as scheduled with others.

but anyway, calls should be made to know what is happening ?!!

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #5,066 of 5,932
Woohoo! Touchdown @SF!

Now, 1 more week for the LC to reach me all the way here in the Philippines! Don't worry guys. You'll get your precious LC too. It's just a matter of time. Maybe you'd even get it first than i'll do. I'll be patiently waiting for it to arrive. :D

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #5,067 of 5,932
My other hunch is that the manufacturing company handling the shipping is lying to Alex who is all the way in Texas.  "Yes boss, they've shipped." While in California, the other boss says to the employees at the manufacturing company, "I've bought us another 48 hours by blaming it on Fedex--go go go, we are a week behind and they must go out NOW!!!"

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #5,068 of 5,932
Guys, honestly, call FedEx. Mine changed to 'Pending' after showing activity and they were able to tell me exactly where the unit was.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #5,069 of 5,932
Well my S/N 186 unit arrived at my work address last Monday. A day early according to tracking info at FedEx. Label was created December 4 and not picked up until Dec. 14. I plugged it in at work. All I had was my Fiio X5II and some Fiio EX1 IEMs to listen with. I was quite favorably impressed at 0 hours break in, still cold from being on the truck and single ended line in from the X5II and out to the IEMs. I had no problems with noise nor having enough volume control, nor channel imbalance. Not surprisingly, it sounds much better than the X5II internal amp.

I brought it home and set it to playing music. Using a set of HD600 with balanced cable. I listened a bit last night after maybe 30 hours. There were maybe some very subtle differences. I then turned it off for an hour and resumed playing. If there is anything to break in on a solid stat amp, the biggest contributor is likely capacitor forming. I think I will do the same once a day to drain and recharge the caps.

I will go through the process of playing for 150 hours, not because I expect much change, but just so I can say I did it for setting a baseline for discussion.

So far, I am quite happy with my purchase. Looking forward to cabling up my HE 560 balanced and doing some serious listening in a few days.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #5,070 of 5,932
Guys, honestly, call FedEx. Mine changed to 'Pending' after showing activity and they were able to tell me exactly where the unit was.

The issue is that for some of us, we don't think the amps have been delivered to FedEx. I think it says label created because, in fact, a label was created but nothing more. I could call FedEx but I suspect they will just tell me label created but item not yet delivered to them. FedEx can have issues this time of year, but in all likelihood the issue is not with FedEx but with Cavalli's fulfillment vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back