☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 18, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #4,923 of 5,932
Driving the HE-6 to listenable volumes is one thing, getting the best out of the HE-6 is another...

Jozurr, have you tried the LC with your HE-6s? I need to try some other combos, of course, but I really can't fault anything and do not see any lack of bass, authority, or control using the LC on high gain. Playing around with input voltage from the Mojo, but sounding good anywhere from about 2-4v or so. Would be interested in more experienced (with HE-6) user opinions.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #4,924 of 5,932
Just confirmed that the DAC-19's SE 2.5V output to the Liquid Carbon's SE input is the exact same volume as the HA-1's 4.6V balanced XLR output to the Liquid Carbon's balanced input listening to the Liquid Carbon's balanced output to my ETHER C. What sorcery is this? The wonderful phase splitter?

Set your phase(rs) on stun!! :eek:

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #4,925 of 5,932
Just confirmed that the DAC-19's SE 2.5V output to the Liquid Carbon's SE input is the exact same volume as the HA-1's 4.6V balanced XLR output to the Liquid Carbon's balanced input listening to the Liquid Carbon's balanced output to my ETHER C. What sorcery is this? The wonderful phase splitter?

Set your phase(rs) on stun!! :eek:

Can't wait until you get the Mojo to see how it compares to the -19 with the LC. Cheers

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #4,926 of 5,932
Got mt tracking details tonight....no 987....serial 0347!

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #4,927 of 5,932
Well I have a tale to tell as long as we have turned this into an LC shipping discussion.
I got my notification  12/4/2015. Like many of us this was just for the label having been printed. The unit was picked up on 12/14/2015 and hit the first FedEx facility in Ventura CA at 9:14 that night. Projected delivery was Thursday 12/17/2015. As there is a direct signature required, I paid $13.00 to redirect it to my Office. They said it would add a day. Thursday at 4:00 PM it was at the Henderson CO hub. No way it would make Thursday delivery. Ok an extra day for the redirect... right?. Nope they changed the delivery to Friday, then added another day to make it a Saturday delivery. Guess what, no one at the office on Saturday..
I called them. Since it is ground, contractors deliver. I was told I could call the contractor in the morning tomorrow. If I caught the LC before it went on a truck, I may be able to drive across town and pick it up. If not, they would retry the delivery Monday. If I am n0ot mistaken FedEx home delivers Tuesday through Saturday meaning if I miss them tomorrow morning, maybe it will be retried Tuesday...
BUT... as it is ground and the promise is "by the end of the day" delivery, they may not try to deliver it during business hours.

Talk about mother screw*ing Murphy.  Maybe I can spend another $5 to make sure that they deliver it Tuesday during business hours???

It will really piss me off if the thing ends up being sent back over this  comedy of errors...

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #4,928 of 5,932
Well I have a tale to tell as long as we have turned this into an LC shipping discussion.
I got my notification  12/4/2015. Like many of us this was just for the label having been printed. The unit was picked up on 12/14/2015 and hit the first FedEx facility in Ventura CA at 9:14 that night. Projected delivery was Thursday 12/17/2015. As there is a direct signature required, I paid $13.00 to redirect it to my Office. They said it would add a day. Thursday at 4:00 PM it was at the Henderson CO hub. No way it would make Thursday delivery. Ok an extra day for the redirect... right?. Nope they changed the delivery to Friday, then added another day to make it a Saturday delivery. Guess what, no one at the office on Saturday..
I called them. Since it is ground, contractors deliver. I was told I could call the contractor in the morning tomorrow. If I caught the LC before it went on a truck, I may be able to drive across town and pick it up. If not, they would retry the delivery Monday.
BUT... as it is ground and the promise is "by the end of the day" delivery, they may not try to deliver it during business hours.

Talk about mother screw*ing Murphy.  Maybe I can spend another $5 to make sure that they deliver it Monday during business hours???

It will really piss me off if the thing ends up being sent back over this  comedy of errors...

I feel your pain. Unfortunately this also happens to coincide with peak holiday present shipping time and FedEx is getting slammed. Mr. Murphy is indeed right on this one. Fingers crossed it all works out. Cheers

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #4,930 of 5,932
:musical_note::notes:  At last, my love has come along, my lonely days are over :musical_note::notes:

They finally decided to deliver to my house when I requested to drop it off at a local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, probably because it was just 7min away from where I live. 
rolleyes.gif

Oh, well here she is. I tried my best to show her in her most glamorous angles. She's a cute petite, no?

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4,933 of 5,932
My Amp shipped today, with an expected delivery date of Monday.
That's a pleasant surprise considering it's going from CA -> NY ... fingers crossed.

Hope it gets there by Momday for you. I am a bit bummed. I got an email notice a week or so ago that mine was supposed to ship by 12/18. I emailed Cavalli earlier today and they said latest from fulfillment was still that remaining amps would ship by end of this week (beinfg Friday). Anyway I never received a tracking number today so I guess mine has not yet shipped. Hopefully soon.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #4,934 of 5,932
  My Amp shipped today, with an expected delivery date of Monday.
That's a pleasant surprise considering it's going from CA -> NY ... fingers crossed.

Hope it gets there by Momday for you. I am a bit bummed. I got an email notice a week or so ago that mine was supposed to ship by 12/18. I emailed Cavalli earlier today and they said latest from fulfillment was still that remaining amps would ship by end of this week (beinfg Friday). Anyway I never received a tracking number today so I guess mine has not yet shipped. Hopefully soon.

May the audiophile gods favor you in the next couple of days.

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #4,935 of 5,932
  :musical_note::notes:  At last, my love has come along, my lonely days are over :musical_note::notes:

They finally decided to deliver to my house when I requested to drop it off at a local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, probably because it was just 7min away from where I live. 
rolleyes.gif

Oh, well here she is. I tried my best to show her in her most glamorous angles. She's a cute petite, no?

Great pictures! May I ask where you got those feet from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back