☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 6, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #4,441 of 5,932
Hey folks, important update.

We have stopped taking web orders. This is because our website doesn't have an automated way to limit the number to 500 and then stop.

You'll note that it now says Contact Us. There are just a few amps left and if you want one we can do it through emails. Please write to sales@cavalliaudio.com

Thanks everyone. Now keep our fingers crossed that the manuf team can meet their commitments next week!!

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #4,442 of 5,932

We have stopped taking web orders. This is because our website doesn't have an automated way to limit the number to 500 and then stop.

You'll note that it now says Contact Us. There are just a few amps left and if you want one we can do it through emails. Please write to sales@cavalliaudio.com

Thanks everyone. Now keep our fingers crossed that the manuf team can meet their commitments next week!!

My fingers have been crossed since 18 April. They're tired but still holding.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #4,443 of 5,932

What is the expected turn around time for us that just ordered? It's to much to hope for it this year I'd assume or is it? 

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #4,444 of 5,932

NEXT WEEK

Woohooo!

Yes I am intentionally reading too much into that.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #4,446 of 5,932
I am very silly for judging it from the headphone balanced jack. I never read up on the thing and thought of it more like an nfb 28 where the amp is just as important as the dac. I should know better or have looked into it further. I am sure the DAC is great. I was also a bit overwhelmed by the sound signature and simple design and hope its just the amp and not the DAC. 

What are your impressions of the pairing?

While the LC is an improvement over the internal amp, if you did not like that, I would doubt the change to using the LC is going to change its sonics enough for you.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #4,447 of 5,932
  Since you're new to head-fi let me give you an advice. Everyone is gonna recommend the DAC that they own/are planning to buy so take everything with a grain of salt and see if you can audition some before you decide. Guess what I'm gonna recommend 
wink.gif

I don't know what you're talking about. What I do know is that everyone who isn't running their LC with a Hugo, preferably my specific Hugo sitting right here next to me, is just wasting their time. 
cool.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #4,448 of 5,932

I don't know what you're talking about. What I do know is that everyone who isn't running their LC with a Hugo, preferably my specific Hugo sitting right here next to me, is just wasting their time. 
cool.gif

Well I would if you'd quit HOGGING it!  
mad.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #4,449 of 5,932
:)

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #4,450 of 5,932
  Since you're new to head-fi let me give you an advice. Everyone is gonna recommend the DAC that they own/are planning to buy so take everything with a grain of salt and see if you can audition some before you decide.

I think that excellent advice sums up most "recommend me" threads here and everywhere else but for a bit of fun I'm going to ask for recommendations of headphones to pair with the LC.

In recent months I've been getting into headphone listening more and more. I've got various bits and pieces of gear with best headphones currently B&W P7s.

I want to move things up a few notches and, in addition to the LC, have bought an Emotiva Stealth DAC. I'm also likely to purchase the FiiO X7 or Onkyo DP-X1 DAP at some point.

I need a closed-back over-ear headphone that is comfortable to wear for extended periods. Aesthetics aren't particularly important, but I'd like something that can be at least seen in public (on the train, not walking about).

I listen to all types of music but predominately rock/indie. I maintain a lossless library and also listen to Tidal (Hi-Fi) and Spotify. I generally favour neutrality and clear vocals/mids. 

I want something that's a 'keeper' and am prepared to stretch the budget accordingly. Current plan would be to make do with the P7s while I save up for something like the Ether-Cs but that's likely to be a year away.

What else should be seriously considering as an 'end game' or 'stop gap" to pair with the LC?

I hope this is not too OT ... I could ask on the headphone sections, but all the nicest folk on Head-Fi seem to be here 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #4,451 of 5,932
I need a closed-back over-ear headphone that is comfortable to wear for extended periods. Aesthetics aren't particularly important, but I'd like something that can be at least seen in public (on the train, not walking about).

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide <-- Keanex and company have made a good start. You are probably look at the mid-range closed.

There's a youtube guy called "Lachlan" who does reviews of equipment that sounds like they would be interest to you.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #4,452 of 5,932

I think that excellent advice sums up most "recommend me" threads here and everywhere else but for a bit of fun I'm going to ask for recommendations of headphones to pair with the LC.

In recent months I've been getting into headphone listening more and more. I've got various bits and pieces of gear with best headphones currently B&W P7s.

I want to move things up a few notches and, in addition to the LC, have bought an Emotiva Stealth DAC. I'm also likely to purchase the FiiO X7 or Onkyo DP-X1 DAP at some point.

I listen to all types of music but predominately rock/indie. I maintain a lossless library and also listen to Tidal (Hi-Fi) and Spotify. I generally favour neutrality and clear vocals/mids. 

I want something that's a 'keeper' and am prepared to stretch the budget accordingly. Current plan would be to make do with the P7s while I save up for something like the Ether-Cs but that's likely to be a year away.

What else should be seriously considering as an 'end game' or 'stop gap" to pair with the LC?

I hope this is not too OT ... I could ask on the headphone sections, but all the nicestfolk on Head-Fi seem to be here 
biggrin.gif

Ether C is, IMO, one of the best closed headphones you can buy, period.  For something a little cheaper as a stopgap, there are things like the Oppo PM-3, A-T MSR7, ZMF x Vibro mk ii, Massdrop Fostex TH-X00, SoundMAGIC HP150, etc.  Since nothing really sounds bad with a transparent amp, I'd say all of those will sound good with the LC.  

If you want the best sound from the LC, tho, I'd suggest looking only at the ones that can be run in balanced mode.  So PM-3, Vibro, possibly the Foxtex (can someone confirm?).  There are plenty of others, but that's off the top of my head.

EDIT - Oh and the new Beyerdynamix DT1770 is fantastic.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #4,453 of 5,932
Love the Hifiman HE-1000, expensive, though. I haven't heard them, but many feel the HEX gets you most of the way to HE-1000.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #4,454 of 5,932

cool.gif

I'm hoping the Hugo is good with the LC... It's what I am planning on using with mine when it gets here.
beyersmile.png

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #4,455 of 5,932

Ether C is, IMO, one of the best closed headphones you can buy, period.  For something a little cheaper as a stopgap, there are things like the Oppo PM-3, A-T MSR7, ZMF x Vibro mk ii, Massdrop Fostex TH-X00, SoundMAGIC HP150, etc.  Since nothing really sounds bad with a transparent amp, I'd say all of those will sound good with the LC.  

If you want the best sound from the LC, tho, I'd suggest looking only at the ones that can be run in balanced mode.  So PM-3, Vibro, possibly the Foxtex (can someone confirm?).  There are plenty of others, but that's off the top of my head.

The Fostex just needs a cable re-termination to 4 pin XLR (it's hardwired). I'd add the Blackwood, Omni (semi-closed like the fostex), Paradox & Paradox Slants, and the Enigma to the list as well. Lots of great closed choices for the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back