☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #3,543 of 5,932
That sounds great! Cant wait to see (and hear!) the final product with my Ether.

Scanspeakman

At RMAF, Alex let me sit by an LC and back-to-back test/enjoy a modded HD800, LCD 3, HiFiman HE1000, Ether, and Ether C. They all sounded excellent and I could see why someone would love each of them... but the LC + Ether was my 2nd favorite! Super awesome, and I want to own that very detailed/balanced setup one day! My top favorite was the HE1000, but it was pretty close in most areas (touch more satisfying bass impact, I loved the pads), and if I was spending money I would just get the Ether and call it endgame, and be happy :)

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #3,544 of 5,932
Hi!
The hand-made prototype had the volume knob like you described, but the production model has a new potentiometer and knob which is a big improvement.

All,
Order #463 here, what I can say is I ordered the moment the LC page was live and then I was able to load said page... So I'm impressed how fast those first orders went! After that initial rush, I bet there were a lot of orders among Cavalli's other products (therefore raising the number) and cancellations/reorders. Also, someone who bought 2 amps would still be one order, so basically it's too vague to guess how many LC's were sold.

yeah i swear i remember ordering mine only the second day the page was live and I'm 671 jeez thats a lot of orders in 2 days haha

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #3,545 of 5,932

yeah i swear i remember ordering mine only the second day the page was live and I'm 671 jeez thats a lot of orders in 2 days haha

I was 10 minutes after "live", and I'm 486...  And that 10 minutes after was the first time I could get the site to stay stable enough to order.  That was the first DDOS event I've ever been a part of...

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #3,546 of 5,932
Good Lord, how many times do we have to go over this? The order numbers are for all Cavalli products, not just for the Liquid Carbon. So any order greater-less than 500 doesn't mean anything. I wish more people would do some back research in previous pages of the thread before posting!

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #3,547 of 5,932
Good Lord, how many times do we have to go over this? The order numbers are for all Cavalli products, not just for the Liquid Carbon. So any order greater-less than 500 doesn't mean anything. I wish more people would do some back research in previous pages of the thread before posting!
So true. How dare they save time by asking a question that can be answered by looking through 237 pages.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #3,548 of 5,932
On the contrary, there's a search button at the top of all threads that allows you to easily search through the history for posts containing any specific keywords. It's just that certain questions, namely about power cables, DACs, balanced vs. SE config. and order numbers for this amp have already been answered at least 3x each here, and it's really a drag on everyone who's been here for a while to have to hear these same questions asked over and over again. And I'm definitely not alone on this. 

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #3,549 of 5,932
I don't actually see a question here.  People are just discussing their order numbers.  Why would someone search if they don't have a specific question?

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #3,550 of 5,932

I'd bet that the the Liquid Carbons represent 90-95% of orders. The other amps are mostly in the $3000-$4000 range and Cavalli is a boutique brand--the batches are small.

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #3,551 of 5,932
You also have to account for cancellations.  Many people have mentioned cancelling and reordering (or just plain cancelling).  Their loss!  

Man, I'm so excited for everyone else to finally start getting these!  

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #3,552 of 5,932
On the contrary, there's a search button at the top of all threads that allows you to easily search through the history for posts containing any specific keywords. It's just that certain questions, namely about power cables, DACs, balanced vs. SE config. and order numbers for this amp have already been answered at least 3x each here, and it's really a drag on everyone who's been here for a while to have to hear these same questions asked over and over again. And I'm definitely not alone on this. 

It's a good job you answered him then. Much quicker.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3,554 of 5,932
I can't wait for the first post from some unsuspecting person who receives his/her LC only to realize it does not come with a power cord
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #3,555 of 5,932
  I can't wait for the first post from some unsuspecting person who receives his/her LC only to realize it does not come with a power cord
wink_face.gif

Whaaaat? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back