☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,561 of 5,932

First, the Carbon is a terrific amp and will put pressure on a lot of $1k+ amps given its quality. It is bested by the Crimson IMO in dynamic's. The Crimson's increased power reserves gives it an ability to manage music with large scale presentation. Orchestral, Metal, music with a lot of power faired better with the extra reserves from the Crimson. I did not find big differences with Folk or intimate Jazz as these tend to require finesse and both amps had that in spades. The LAu takes the power up to another level but would likely be most useful for less efficient headphones. For example, the Abyss 1266 and the HE-6 can both be driven effortlessly from the LAu while taking the Crimson to its limits. The LC would not be a good match for those headphones. If you are not using them, then there will be a lot of sonic similarity between all three. The Crimson and LAu will have higher quality internals that a higher price tag allows for so there are some additional sonic advantages to be squeezed out with higher end cans. I like all three very much. The Crimson is my favorite simply because of its bang for the buck status in my own head. YMMV.

beerchug.gif

Thanks for your detailed answer!

Unfortunately i have the Abyss AB-1266 and have placed an order on the Carbon, just because of the convenient size and price.

And i know i should order a Gold, but my thaughts go like; it will have like 4,5 times greater power than my current Hugo that have 320mW @47 Ohm, but im struggle with my wallet if i should buy a Rolex Submariner or a Crimson. But eaven if i buy the Crimson it will bottom out with my abyss maybe, so i need the Gold probably;(

Hard task:sweat:

I actually prefer the President....

May 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,563 of 5,932
May 18, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,564 of 5,932
May 18, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,566 of 5,932
  You only need one really nice one...
evil_smiley.gif

same could be said about audio equipment though... and I think many of us here are guilty of owning multiple pairs of headphones. 
biggrin.gif
 heh

May 18, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,567 of 5,932
May 19, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #1,568 of 5,932
There's a whole watch-fi thread for those interested.  Watch lovers band together there.

May 19, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,569 of 5,932
This is quite a movement

May 19, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,570 of 5,932
uh oh... hopefully, a watch discussion doesn't derail this thread like the old he1k thread =P

The old HE1K thread did get quite alarming but I don't think things will get out of hand this time, since Alex made the preorder details crystal-clear.

I'm not very good with puns though, you guys'll need to give me a second.

Uh... Umm... The Liquid Carbon will take the crown as my best headphone amp?

May 19, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #1,571 of 5,932
The old HE1K thread did get quite alarming but I don't think things will get out of hand this time, since Alex made the preorder details crystal-clear.

I'm not very good with puns though, you guys'll need to give me a second.

Uh... Umm... The Liquid Carbon will take the crown as my best headphone amp?

Hehe a small watch-debate :innocent:

So if i place a order on the crimson it could not handle the Abyss perfect?

May 19, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #1,574 of 5,932
May 19, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #1,575 of 5,932
Dragging this thread kicking & screaming back on topic (actually not really)...

Did you know that Liquid Carbon is in fact almost impossible to create in a stable form?  At least here on earth.  Apparently, it can exist only in environments of extremely high temperatures and pressures, such as those found in the cores of gas giants like Uranus and Neptune. Hmm.

On the other hand, one of Cavalli's other amps -  Liquid Lightning - well that's easy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back