<€100 In Ear Headphones - Post-rock, EDM
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Adanteh

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Here's another one of the (in)famous topics. Finally saved up some money to get myself a new pair of IEMS. Looking at stuff under the €100 mark. (Just for the record, that's a Euro sign, not a dollar). I need to be able to get them to the Netherlands for that price, so if they have to get from USA, I need to include custom costs and possibly shipping. Output is a 30GB iPod Video (5G) with Rockbox. I'm expecting that they mostly have to play Post-rock and a whole variety of EDM for me. (2step, UK Bass, Techno, Minimal). Also got a whole load of singer-songwriter, folk, alternative rock and the likes.

The Shure 215s seem like a good pick, the price is okay and easily available. 
The Eytmotics HF5s seem more balanced, but are a bit above my budget. Worth it or not?
The Head-fi RE0 are cheap, but apparently the quality isn't great and it's going to be terrible with warranty here.

That's basically all the choices I have standing right now. Anyone has some other recommendations? 

Edit: Something else that will be important for me. I tend to lie in bed with earphones quite often and having some 'small' earphones that don't stick out as much (or at least not push to one specific bit of your ear) would be welcome. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I feel bad for saying this on every thread, but HF5's.
The SE 215's are a bit bass centric but that being said, they're decent. Don't know if they meet the "small" part.
I had a pair of RE-0's; I don't anymore--that's all I'll say on that.

I guess I could throw around some names like Audeo Phonak's but really I think those three are among the best at that price range.

Feb 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Did some extra reading on the HF5s and from what I can figure out they are very analytical. I'm a bit scared that this would make a lot of my electronic music seem boring, so right now I'm leaning towards the Shures. The only problem would be the sleeping with them. They appear quite large and seem to stick out quite a bit. They do fill your ear a lot better. Can anyone share some experiences with using Shure(-like) IEMs lying down. Will the HF5s suit better for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back