£400-£500 upgrade (or addition) to the Amperior?
Nov 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gofre

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

So yeah, I've decided to finally get around to selling the headphones I've accumulated over the last couple of years and streamline my portable rigs down to just a couple of pairs. With any luck I'll get around £400 from the pairs I'm letting go. I'd like to either spend that on a pair of IEMs/CIEMs to use alongside my Sennheiser Amperiors, or sell the Amperiors too and get a new pair of on-ear/over-ears, so I'm looking for suggestions for both :)

In terms of sound signature, the Amperior and HD25 are the sort of sound signature that I tend to enjoy the most- relatively flat but punchy and with a nice sparkly treble. I listen most to metal and EDM and I'll be pairing them with an iBasso DX50. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump :p

I'm currently thinking of getting the NAD VISO HP50, having looked around I don't seem to be able find any significantly better pairs of over-ears that are properly portable. The rest of my budget can then be put into a pair of IEMs. Anyone have any thoughts? If anyone has any experience with the HP50s and the Amperiors to offer a comparison would also be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back