Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Fidelio X2?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Philips Fidelio X2?! - Page 6

post #76 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzeanse View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

I`m not the only one who says it`s the cable exchange that makes that difference in bass & kick tightness: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/4320#post_10475263

Amping even improves it more but I doubt if Xonar DG is good for amping X1.

Now, that`s not a good method to draw conclusions. Onboard audio is not something adequate for making judgments. 

It`s "silky smoothness" depends pretty much from your DAC/Amp. With Aune T1 it has most smoothness to it (depending on tube can be pretty silky smooth), next comes DX50 and then ELE EL-D02 DAC. I don`t know if it`s Your Xonar DG, onboard audio, cable or source files etc. but I really have not experienced any "breakups" or "edge" regarding to X1 highs section. Like I told - littlebit smoothed but clear but with no sibilance, fatigue or graininess. Well, this is only my subjective opinion ;)


So what, I have to spend extra money to arbitrarily prove a conclusion that I, myself, can hear? Besides, I'd like to point out your post from the Fidelio X1 thread.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Xonar DG should do ok with X1 but separate dedicated amp/dac would be probably better. I personally find ELE EL-D02 DAC/Amp (recapped with ELNA SilmicII) to be good and cheap solution for X1. Aune T1 is another league of course but ELE matches with X1 suprisingly good.


So apparently, as long as my conclusion proves you right, using something other than onboard audio works. However, the moment that I decide my opinion still stands, the Xonar DG loses its ability to properly amplify my headphones? Hmm... Moving the goalpost.

 

I find that listening to headphones - believe it or not - is a good way to draw conclusions about something. Furthermore, for as many people that believe you about swapping out the cable making a difference, just as many people seem to agree that the treble on the Fidelio X1 is slightly artificial - the very same statement I am trying to make. I took your advice and amplified these headphones anyway, despite a measured difference of ~1 ohm. All you've done in that post was quote a bunch of people who said the impedance was higher, something I was never saying was wrong. Yet you never once proved or measured any difference in the sound, however little, using the stock cable versus an aftermarket one.

 

All your argument amounts to is an ad populum fantasy that does nothing to convince the reader with fact. Sound quality is not equivalent to impedance, regardless of whatever you might think, and that is fact. The ultimate irony of this whole situation is that I think you might have been right about the Fidelio X1 benefiting from an amp, as I hear slightly more bass control with the assistance of a Xonar DG.

 

But hey, that is only my subjective opinion. ;)

 

Mmmmkay...

 

Quote:

Xonar DG should do ok with X1 but separate dedicated amp/dac would be probably better.

 

Quote:
Yet you never once proved or measured any difference in the sound, however little, using the stock cable versus an aftermarket one.

Not going to argue with ppl who don`t read properly my and other ppl comments and draw conclusions comparing with onboard soundcard.

I have my subjective opinion about X1 and You have yours. Lets agree to disagree ;)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #77 of 381
Are you done? Just admit that you are wrong. You said it should do fine, but then recanted your opinion once I said that the highs weren't that good. Also, I didn't draw my conclusion based on onboard audio, I drew it on a sound card. But hey, thanks for trying, champ. Nobody can take your opinion from you. wink.gif

The next time you accuse someone of not reading, perhaps you should do a little yourself rather than pressing quote and pretending to have done so. I will not be continuing this argument because I have better things to do with my time than argue with somebody who changes facts to suit their fantasy. wink.gif

Of course, that is just my - ahem - subjective opinion. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif
post #78 of 381

Frequency range of the X2 is described as 5- 40,000Hz. So bass seems to extend lower than the X1.

post #79 of 381
Where are they on sale at? Where did you get yours from?
post #80 of 381
I don't have them, but someone on pg 5 ordered them.
post #81 of 381

Now I have X2 on my ears  :beyersmile:  

 

Please give me some time for burn-in (brain and driver). Impressions later...

 

 

(I don't understand how this kind of High, Mid and Bass possible in a single driver? Unbelievable!)

post #82 of 381
Quote:
Please give me some time for burn-in (brain and driver). Impressions later...

I know there are many that doesn`t belive not even a bit in burn-in (lets not discuss it) but please yes, let them settle in properly (with little amping!) because my X1 needed about 150-200h at least to "open up" its sound capabilities properly. Now, after ~5000h play time they sound amazing.

post #83 of 381
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

I know there are many that doesn`t belive not even a bit in burn-in (lets not discuss it) but please yes, let them settle in properly (with little amping!) because my X1 needed about 150-200h at least to "open up" its sound capabilities properly. Now, after ~5000h play time they sound amazing.

Wow. I don't think I've ever listened to a headphone for that long. I don't think I've ever listened to music through headphones for that long.

post #84 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

I know there are many that doesn`t belive not even a bit in burn-in (lets not discuss it) but please yes, let them settle in properly (with little amping!)

 

I believe both burn-in types. And I say to non-believers of burn-in of a driver: "After using apprx 1 month, just touch the cord of your hp/iem. Is it the same when you first got it as new? Is it softer? "

 

Yes it becomes softer... So why don't you believe that the drivers elasticity may change over time as well?

 

Stating the opposite is stating something against the "nature of the material".

 

IMO

 

 

.....yes better not discuss it ........

 

 

Quote:
...because my X1 needed about 150-200h at least to "open up" its sound capabilities properly. Now, after ~5000h play time they sound amazing.

 

I will take this in to account. Thanks.

(Edit: I think you mean 500h?)

 

 

 

And a photo:


Edited by Baycode - 7/25/14 at 4:56am
post #85 of 381

Looks the same as the X1, but in black.

I guess no removable pads... right?

post #86 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

I know there are many that doesn`t belive not even a bit in burn-in (lets not discuss it) but please yes, let them settle in properly (with little amping!) because my X1 needed about 150-200h at least to "open up" its sound capabilities properly. Now, after ~5000h play time they sound amazing.

Wow. I don't think I've ever listened to a headphone for that long. I don't think I've ever listened to music through headphones for that long.


I haven`t listened them all the time, I leave them mostly playing with music on my PC table. And that was just rough estimate.

 

Edit: My bad, lol, I calculated totally wrong! :o It must be around 900h playtime by now :o Me and my stupidness...
 

Quote:

(Edit: I think you mean 500h?)

Yes. Somehow my brain calculated it wrong and it became thousands :D I guess I could blame some of it because of really hot weather in here...


Edited by CoiL - 7/25/14 at 5:37am
post #87 of 381

Would be nice to hear some initial impressions from you Baycode, compared to the X1's :)

post #88 of 381

Unfortunately I don't have X1. But I read a lot about them. So may be I can compare from the knowledge on sound :atsmile:  ....no no it wouldn't be fair...

 

 

Tonight I will plug them to my tube amp to see how it behaves. I am at the office now and X2 is connected to ss amp.

 

 

I am afraid of removing the pads. Don't have any idea. All I can say they don't move freely like all the HP's I have. May be this info would help you @altrunox 


Edited by Baycode - 7/25/14 at 5:45am
post #89 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

I know there are many that doesn`t belive not even a bit in burn-in (lets not discuss it) but please yes, let them settle in properly (with little amping!) because my X1 needed about 150-200h at least to "open up" its sound capabilities properly. Now, after ~5000h play time they sound amazing.

5000 hours... lol

post #90 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post
 

Unfortunately I don't have X1. But I read a lot about them. So may be I can compare from the knowledge on sound :atsmile:  ....no no it wouldn't be fair...

 

 

Tonight I will plug them to my tube amp to see how it behaves. I am at the office now and X2 is connected to ss amp.

 

 

I am afraid of removing the pads. Don't have any idea. All I can say they don't move freely like all the HP's I have. May be this info would help you @altrunox 

 

Can't wait! Take some pictures too!  :dt880smile: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Fidelio X2?!