or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier - Page 95

post #1411 of 1418

I'm using one from Power Inspired. It did make the amp hum a bit less but it was still noticeable. 

post #1412 of 1418

on my Moon Neo 430 (+DAC), i listen at:

 

40-50 volume on Focal Utopia

65-75 volume on Audeze LCD-4

 

 

quite a difference.  BUT! --- the Utopia has a balanced cable (black dragons) and the LCD-4 is running the stock black/gold braided 1/4" single ended.  i'm getting a balanced cable from Audeze soon, i'll report back if it makes a difference.


Edited by talkingmuffin - 12/15/16 at 12:58pm
post #1413 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingmuffin View Post
 

on my Moon Neo 430 (+DAC), i listen at:

 

40-50 volume on Focal Utopia

65-75 volume on Audeze LCD-4

 

 

quite a difference.  BUT! --- the Utopia has a balanced cable (black dragons) and the LCD-4 is running the stock black/gold braided 1/4" single ended.  i'm getting a balanced cable from Audeze soon, i'll report back if it makes a difference.

I usually find about a 20DB difference between the Utopia and the LCD-4 either straight of my Dave or Dave to 430

post #1414 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrach View Post
 

I usually find about a 20DB difference between the Utopia and the LCD-4 either straight of my Dave or Dave to 430

I'm thinking of getting a Dave.  I currently have an Auralic Vega and a 430.  How would you compare the sound of the Dave with the Utopia versus the Dave and 430 with the Utopia?  I'm trying to figure out if I can sell both the Vega and the 430 to fund a Dave.

post #1415 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick15 View Post
 

I'm thinking of getting a Dave.  I currently have an Auralic Vega and a 430.  How would you compare the sound of the Dave with the Utopia versus the Dave and 430 with the Utopia?  I'm trying to figure out if I can sell both the Vega and the 430 to fund a Dave.

I wouldnt bother using the Utopia with the external amp...not necessary and overkill IMHO...with the LCD-4 it is a different story ...if you plan to use only the Utopia with the Dave then I would say you can safely sell the amp

post #1416 of 1418

I have posted in the GSX forum before, but I will post here again.

 

I am considering selling my GS-X MK2 230V in exchange for a 430HA. Based on my audition 430 has much better synergy with the Utopia. So if u are interested check out my listing and PM me. Also if you have a similar mint conditioned 430HA in 230V, I can happily trade with u.

post #1417 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
 

I am considering selling my GS-X MK2 230V in exchange for a 430HA. Based on my audition 430 has much better synergy with the Utopia. 

I am a GS-X mk2 owner, not a Neo 430HA owner.  So if I misspeak I am sure the Moon owners will correct me.  

I was giving serious consideration to the 430 myself.  As I understand it, there are two versions of the 430.  

  • The 430HAD which has a built in Sabre 9018 based DAC
  • The 430HA which is same amp, sans DAC.  

 

Is it safe to assume that you're keeping your Rockna DAC and just considering the HA model?

I can't see the 430 HAD outperforming your current Rockna/GS-X pairing.  

post #1418 of 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

I am a GS-X mk2 owner, not a Neo 430HA owner.  So if I misspeak I am sure the Moon owners will correct me.  
I was giving serious consideration to the 430 myself.  As I understand it, there are two versions of the 430.  
  • The 430HAD which has a built in Sabre 9018 based DAC
  • The 430HA which is same amp, sans DAC.  

Is it safe to assume that you're keeping your Rockna DAC and just considering the HA model?
I can't see the 430 HAD outperforming your current Rockna/GS-X pairing.  

Yes I am keeping the Rockna.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier