I would try the K612 against the K601, maybe it's better. Most people like the K712 more than the previous headphones, maybe it's the same for the new K6xx versions as well.
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by joe, 3/3/14
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by joe, 3/3/14More
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Portable alternative to Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cable replacement for DT990's Last post on 9/22/13 at 1:00pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Anybody else has a love/hate relationship with Beyer 990 Last post on 10/12/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help needed with Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? - Page 4post #46 of 733/9/14 at 2:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 733/9/14 at 2:41pmQuote:
Only those who like more bass.post #48 of 733/10/14 at 4:52am
I am one of those who think the bass level should be around +3dB more than the midrange for a headphone to sound natural. If you can make that bass low distortion and extended in an open headphone, sign me up. :)post #49 of 733/10/14 at 6:21pmQuote:
Totally agreed! That's my major problem with open headphones and hence why I'm saving up for the TH900's. OH MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PRECIOUS!post #50 of 733/10/14 at 7:25pmI would have to say the HD 800, given that's the most you would want to spend. I own them currently, I used to own the T1, and have heard the 600, 650 and 700. If you already like the 600, the 800 simply does almost everything better. With a well matched amp, the HD800's bass is almost perfect (in my opinion) and its soundstage and imaging are to die for.
Edited by jackskelly - 3/10/14 at 7:27pmpost #51 of 733/11/14 at 1:05amThread StarterQuote:
I thought planar magneics like the LCD2/3 are supposed to have one of the best bass response of any headphone, open or closed. The bass on these are supposed to extend toward sub bass very well and they are open. I guess their weakness is sound stage?post #52 of 733/11/14 at 1:08amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by jackskelly
I would have to say the HD 800, given that's the most you would want to spend. I own them currently, I used to own the T1, and have heard the 600, 650 and 700. If you already like the 600, the 800 simply does almost everything better. With a well matched amp, the HD800's bass is almost perfect (in my opinion) and its soundstage and imaging are to die for.
I'm currently using the T1 and with aggressive EQ applied to tame the treble they seem to tick all the boxes: good bass extension/soundstage, natural sounding, lightweight/comfortable, excellent transient response...post #53 of 733/11/14 at 3:08ampost #54 of 733/11/14 at 5:50ampost #55 of 733/11/14 at 5:41pmQuote:
You definitely didn't make a wrong choice. The T1 is an excellent headphone. I sold my T1 and kept my HD800 because of personal preference. I listen to a lot of classical, jazz and acoustic and I just prefer the enormous soundstage the HD800 gives for those genres.post #56 of 733/11/14 at 10:32pm
My experience with the '600s and '650s is that the better the amp you get, the more the soundstage expands, but you're not going to get "more" of anything as far as any particular frequency range. They get more detailed, they get more expansive, to the point you can really get "under" the bass and hear the playing, not just "bass." As the soundstage gets bigger with better amps. the detail and neutrality of the cans become more apparent. That's why Senny's aren't for everyone. My guess is that the 800s aren't going to be much different in that particular regard.post #57 of 733/11/14 at 10:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lightnin Joe
My experience with the '600s and '650s is that the better the amp you get, the more the soundstage expands, but you're not going to get "more" of anything as far as any particular frequency range. They get more detailed, they get more expansive, to the point you can really get "under" the bass and hear the playing, not just "bass." As the soundstage gets bigger with better amps. the detail and neutrality of the cans become more apparent. That's why Senny's aren't for everyone. My guess is that the 800s aren't going to be much different in that particular regard.
Thank you, I lurk often on these style of threads and always am amazed at the lack of reference to up stream equipment.
As I found the Sony R10, HD600, HD650 and HD800 all had world class scale ability.
Up stream stuff can change signatures so much, not discounting the inert character of the cans in question.
Just ordered my first pair of HD 600s yesterday.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 3/11/14 at 11:10pmpost #58 of 733/11/14 at 11:13pm
My headphone listening has been solely through i-devices (Classic, Nano, an iPad). I bough a Pure i20, which is an i-device dock that allows you to get the digital out from an iPod/Phone/Pad (30 pin only). The i20 has a much better DAC than any iDevice, so that's a plus. The i20 also has digital outs, so you can then pass it through to a much better DAC, one that also has inputs for other devices like a good async USB input for computer listening. I'm warming to the idea as I contemplate renovating my house and turning an unused spare room into a "listening room"/office where I can cloister myself with my full-size stereo and my headphone setup. A good multi-input DAC for my headphone setup in that context would allow me to leverage source components from my stereo like my CD transport, and there are even many DACs that have a built-in phono preamp that passes through to the analog output section. But that's getting several steps ahead of myself. For a reasonable amount of money, I have a current setup that I really enjoy.post #59 of 733/12/14 at 1:24ampost #60 of 733/14/14 at 9:28pm
Not sure if we're on the same page here, but I'm quite happy where I am right now. There certainly is "bigger, better, and more," and I've heard some of them, but for the money I've spent and the time I have to listen, it's just fine. Plus, being a Sennheiser fan, I'm not in pursuit of a different sound. I HAVE heard some expensive phones through some very expensive amps and it is impressive. No enough so to forgo a nice vacation or the like to better the 1 or 2 hours I have each week to lock myself in and do serious listening. YET!
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Is Harman ending AKG? 1 minute ago
- › New IEM Lineup from Earsonics. "ES2" & "ES3" 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 5 minutes ago
- › How can you reduce treble (for gaming) 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 8 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...