Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? - Page 37

post #541 of 671

So just put on the G-Cush.

I am yet to listen to anything with a great recording to test stage differences etc, however things I have noted so far.

 

The bass is not diminished so much so that I find it a problem in the least (and I can't stand bass shy phones)

They are no less comfortable, though I feel they will be more comfortable over long sessions.  Yesterday I listened to these cans for about 5 hours while working and I found that due to the frame of my glasses that my ears began to hurt.  Given it was over 5 hours this is hardly a complaint, but these pads hold the pressure well off my ear so this is welcome.

 

Really the only issue I can really see coming from these is I need to have the volumes SLIGHTLY higher, which will cause more noise out and may cause my workmates to kick up a stink, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it haha.

 

Thanks for the advice, all signs point to this being a good upgrade, sonically and comfort wise.

post #542 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post
 

So just put on the G-Cush.

I am yet to listen to anything with a great recording to test stage differences etc, however things I have noted so far.

 

The bass is not diminished so much so that I find it a problem in the least (and I can't stand bass shy phones)

They are no less comfortable, though I feel they will be more comfortable over long sessions.  Yesterday I listened to these cans for about 5 hours while working and I found that due to the frame of my glasses that my ears began to hurt.  Given it was over 5 hours this is hardly a complaint, but these pads hold the pressure well off my ear so this is welcome.

 

Really the only issue I can really see coming from these is I need to have the volumes SLIGHTLY higher, which will cause more noise out and may cause my workmates to kick up a stink, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it haha.

 

Thanks for the advice, all signs point to this being a good upgrade, sonically and comfort wise.

;)

post #543 of 671

Ok you crazy crazy Grado Fanatics hehe.

If I were to look for a better Grado/Alessandro than the Bushmill's what would you recommend?

 

Baring in mind that I had previously owned Alessandro MS1's with Cocobolo cups and HATED them.

Well thats not entirely true, after they sold I tried them on a GoVibe PortaTube amp and enjoyed them somewhat.


I want something that expands upon the sound of these Bushmills.

I love every aspect of them (including the bass when using the G-Cush pads.

 

I am looking at the MS-Pro/RS1i but cost new is huge over here, so I will be sitting until something comes up 2nd hand.

 

Thoughts?

 

Scott

post #544 of 671
I've yet to hear another Grado with the Bushmills bass. The PS500 are close but i found the mids were too recessed and the soundstage even narrower than the usual Grado. The bass amount may be a bit more with the PS500 buy i would say it was also more boomy/bloated. The RS1 will sacrifice a tiny bit of bass but you gain soundstage, detail, better instrument separation and everything else.
Edited by bassboysam - 1/9/14 at 4:09am
post #545 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

I've yet to hear another Grado with the Bushmills bass. The PS500 are close but i found the mids were too recessed and the soundstage even narrower than the usual Grado. The bass amount may be a bit more with the PS500 buy i would say it was also more boomy/bloated. The RS1 will sacrifice a tiny bit of bass but you gain soundstage, detail, better instrument separation and everything else.
Thanks smily_headphones1.gif
I think I am leaning to try he rs1i smily_headphones1.gif
I think your comments confirm what I was thinking smily_headphones1.gif
post #546 of 671
Gosh Lamb of God - Blood of the Scribe sounds dandy on these.
post #547 of 671

No idea,

I am in the process of perhaps selling my bushmills to try the RS1i's however sadly I cannot afford both at the same time.

If they dont sell I will be happy with them though :)

 

From what I have read, Bushmill's to RS1i's essentially loses you a little bass, but you gain in more or less every other area.

post #548 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

No idea,
I am in the process of perhaps selling my bushmills to try the RS1i's however sadly I cannot afford both at the same time.
If they dont sell I will be happy with them though smily_headphones1.gif

From what I have read, Bushmill's to RS1i's essentially loses you a little bass, but you gain in more or less every other area.
How much do you want for them?
post #549 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

Classic.
So I am curious about these g pads. How Much will the bass be decreased because I kind of like the sound.
The pads are $80aud so just wanting some advice before spending haha.
Everything is so expensive over here.

 

Tried the G pads on my RS1i, but hated the sound. Too shrill and lacking body.

Here in the Netherlands, you gotta pay as much for those G pads as you pay for an SR80i in the USA. They want 70 euros for it

 

like, ROFL


Edited by Aizura - 1/10/14 at 4:06am
post #550 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
 

That is straight robbery, do the G pads make that much difference?

I like them quite a bit better, The sound stage gets a little wider, opens the bass up slightly and the mids pop even better. Over all This would be the first upgrade i would do to these.

post #551 of 671
Personally I hated the G cush. Doesn't sound like a grado anymore. Plus the fact the Gs cost me $80 made me hate them more.
post #552 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboysam View Post

Personally I hated the G cush. Doesn't sound like a grado anymore. Plus the fact the Gs cost me $80 made me hate them more.

I tried the (G) cushions on my 325is's, and 6 hrs later I traded them for a 15' Grado extension.

I probably should have listened to them a bit more, but I felt that I lost that intimacy, which is what I really love about the Grado's.

I was tempted to buy them again for my Bushmills, but then I decided to repackage them and put them away only after listening to them for about 8hrs with (L) cushions (nice headphones), I will most probably sell them.

post #553 of 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

I was tempted to buy them again for my Bushmills, but then I decided to repackage them and put them away only after listening to them for about 8hrs with (L) cushions (nice headphones), I will most probably sell them.

Could you elaborate on the reason(s) you have decided not to keep the Bushmills?
post #554 of 671
post #555 of 671

Anyone wanting to sell their Bushmills please PM me. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?