New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 32

post #466 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Well finally I've been able to finalize my thoughts and my review has been posted:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-xc/reviews/10236

 

Simply an outstanding pair of natural sounding closed headphones....FINALLY!

Fantastic review!  I just needed a reason to justify to myself the need to get them and this was it!

 

Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:

-HK sends

post #467 of 1679

I should have not seen this thread, I really shouldn't... :)

 

It seems that I will have to save up for one of these, I somehow dig the dark walnut look, it reminds of W5000. I think they will be great addition next to my W3000ANV (since I listen to wide variety of music, it's hard to find complements - W3000ANV covers jazz area, so it would be either LCD-XC for metal/rock area or HD800 for classic/movie scores part, but it's hard to decide, I listen as much to metal/rock as I do to classical music). Not like I need another closed cans, but I just can't resist when I see that sexy wood :) I really hope tube amp like Svetlana 2 will be able to get the best of LCD-XC.

 

Btw, did anyone have a chance of trying Forza AudioWorks top of the line cable (FAW Noir) with them? I found myself liking this company but they work only with OCC Copper (from what I understand, people here preferred LCD-XC with silver cables)...

post #468 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Well finally I've been able to finalize my thoughts and my review has been posted:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-xc/reviews/10236

 

Simply an outstanding pair of natural sounding closed headphones....FINALLY!

ill take a look - thanks. 

post #469 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Well finally I've been able to finalize my thoughts and my review has been posted:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-xc/reviews/10236

Simply an outstanding pair of natural sounding closed headphones....FINALLY!

IMO, this is how all reviews should be written, short and to the point. However I disagree with the LCD-XC's isolation and leakage, having said that, the phones I'm comparing them to are my UM Miracles.
post #470 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by filuS View Post


Btw, did anyone have a chance of trying Forza AudioWorks top of the line cable (FAW Noir) with them? I found myself liking this company but they work only with OCC Copper (from what I understand, people here preferred LCD-XC with silver cables)...


I've placed an order for a DHC Complement OCC Copper cable for my LCD-XC's because I find those headphones to be similar to my SR-009's, meaning some songs I listen to sound shrilling with both headphones. To me the LCD-XC isn't as bad as the 009's, but the shrilling is still there. So with a copper cable being used it should make my LCD-XC sound warmer.
Like with my 009's, my LCD-XC only sounds shrilling with some of the songs I listen to, which might be how they were recorded because most in my collection sound amazing,
post #471 of 1679
I understand these cans don't produce much mid bass like Grados, so would it still be good for metal? Or would the W3000Anv be a better match?
post #472 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

I've placed an order for a DHC Complement OCC Copper cable for my LCD-XC's because I find those headphones to be similar to my SR-009's, meaning some songs I listen to sound shrilling with both headphones. To me the LCD-XC isn't as bad as the 009's, but the shrilling is still there. So with a copper cable being used it should make my LCD-XC sound warmer.
Like with my 009's, my LCD-XC only sounds shrilling with some of the songs I listen to, which might be how they were recorded because most in my collection sound amazing,

Hey David, I see you're in the north of England too. If you ever want to part with your GSX amp, make sure you speak to me first :-)
post #473 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


Hey David, I see you're in the north of England too. If you ever want to part with your GSX amp, make sure you speak to me first :-)

Hi Tony,

Sorry, but I won't be parting with my GS-Xmk2, or my BHSE for that matter, however, if you can get to my place, you're welcome to have a listen to both amps.
If you decided to do that, and listen to the music you like, you'd have to bring some CD's or SACD's.
I have a cable that allows an iPod and MP3 to be used with both amps, but IMO they're not to the same SQ level as my main source.

P.S. As you might know, the headphones I have are, SR-009, LCD-XC and HD-600 with a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable.
I have on order the DHC Complement 2 OCC Copper cable to use with my LCD-XC.
post #474 of 1679

Great review of the LCD-XC's MacedonionHero, I was lucky enough to get both LCD-X's and XC's for demo for the shop just before Christmas and when I first listened to them both I was really drawn to the XC's for some reason, I couldn't believe how open, spacious and clean they sounded, I have really never heard a closed back sound this good before, I love the TH-900's but there is something just right about the XC's for me but I wanted to spend a few days running in both the X's and XC's but I still find myself listening to the XC's over the X's.

 

I agree with the review that Audeze really should be applauded for what they have achieved with the XC's as for me they are very special but the X's seem to be getting all the attention, especially when you look at how many pages of discussion there have been on Head-Fi compared to the XC's, I guess open back are always considered a better approach for headphone design but I am starting to re-think that with the XC's.

 

I can't wait to get my new Bryston BHA-1 to replace one I have just sold from demo as I have always found that Audeze headphones work brilliantly with the BHA-1 so with the XC's I'm expecting great things.

post #475 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Hey David, I see you're in the north of England too. If you ever want to part with your GSX amp, make sure you speak to me first :-)
Guys, I'm also North of England. This place now feels like home :-) I should be getting my XC's next week, but would love to check out your mod head band version to see if I might enjoy suit? Oh and of course compare sound with the 009 daddies!
post #476 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafanddumb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Hey David, I see you're in the north of England too. If you ever want to part with your GSX amp, make sure you speak to me first :-)
Guys, I'm also North of England. This place now feels like home :-) I should be getting my XC's next week, but would love to check out your mod head band version to see if I might enjoy suit? Oh and of course compare sound with the 009 daddies!

Like with Tony, you're welcome to listen to my headphone systems, but obviously you'd have to get to my place. Assuming you did that, it would be a good idea you bring your LCD-XC, that way it would be easy to choose which of the two was the most comfortable.
Regarding others in the UK that would like to listen to my audio equipment, I guess the obvious way for that to happen would be for me to take it to a head-fi meeting, but I've explained in one of my previous posts why that will never happen again.


P.S. Where in the North of England are you both from ?
post #477 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

Like with Tony, you're welcome to listen to my headphone systems, but obviously you'd have to get to my place. Assuming you did that, it would be a good idea you bring your LCD-XC, that way it would be easy to choose which of the two was the most comfortable.
Regarding others in the UK that would like to listen to my audio equipment, I guess the obvious way for that to happen would be for me to take it to a head-fi meeting, but I've explained in one of my previous posts why that will never happen again.


P.S. Where in the North of England are you both from ?
Newcastle side for me... Will give you a shout when the XC's land!
post #478 of 1679
I'm nearer Newcastle too. I amp my XC's with the Burson Conductor. It does a fantastic job but I'm looking to move to something more TOTL like the GS-X, Bakoon HPA-21 or one of the Audio-GD balanced setups. When I'm ready to take that step up I will probably take up your offer and pop round for a demo. The XC are terrific headphones. Even with the Conductor, I feel like I'm at the level now where any improvements in headphone listening are going to be minor and very expensive. But this is Head-Fi and we all need our heads examining :-)
post #479 of 1679
The reason why I was wondering where you both lived in the North of England, was because of the travelling, but Newcastle's only around two hours away ( well it was when I was driving ) so the distance isn't that bad.
The thing I've found with both the GS-Xmk2 and BHSE, is they reproduce very well whatever the source is giving, and because the source I have is IMO above average, both amps I find do sound pretty amazing.
However, while I'm very happy at how my LCD-XC sound driven by the GS-Xmk2, I'm hoping they sound even better with the DHC Complement 2 OCC Copper cable I've on order.
post #480 of 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

The reason why I was wondering where you both lived in the North of England, was because of the travelling, but Newcastle's only around two hours away ( well it was when I was driving ) so the distance isn't that bad.
The thing I've found with both the GS-Xmk2 and BHSE, is they reproduce very well whatever the source is giving, and because the source I have is IMO above average, both amps I find do sound pretty amazing.
However, while I'm very happy at how my LCD-XC sound driven by the GS-Xmk2, I'm hoping they sound even better with the DHC Complement 2 OCC Copper cable I've on order.

Hi David

 

I read a few reviews of your source recently. It is indeed above average, that might even be a an understatement. Anyway way i was thinking, when i visit would could i bring a cheap DAC with me? Just to see how the GSX performs with a cheap source. I was thinking - the Arcam or something like that. 

 

Paddy

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum