These have fallen under the radar, while so called "discoveries" [which in my experience have been nothing but hype]been getting all the craze. While the Quadbeat 1 was a fairly decent IEM, it still needed some refinement and fell in the shadow of the MH1. These, IMO, even surpass the MH1, LG has been doing their homework. iSound tuned these IEMs, a company which seems to take control of their tuning process quite well with measurements and feedback.
From the previous model, LG claim better bass response, lower distortion and less sibilance. Here is what I can say based on hearing both.
- Quadbeat 2 has more subbass than the first and sounds more filled, the previous model sounded too midbass focused and the short decay didn't help.
- Quadbeat 2 has a much smoother treble and as matter of fact, it may have one of the best trebles I have heard. It's smooth extended and detailed.
- Midrange is very well placed, unlike the Quadbeat 1 which was more treble/bass focused.
I may compare to the RHA MA750 and GR07 BE very soon, here's what I think against the Fidelio S2.
- S2 has muddier bass and colors the midrange more. The S2 does have more slam in the subbass but the differences are slight.
- Quadbeat 2 has a clearer, more forward, more natural midrange, S2's midrange sounds recessed in comparison.
- There is simply no comparison, the S2's treble is harsh and lacking airiness in comparison.
- Quadbeat 2 sound more finely tuned, the timbre is simply in another level compared to the S2
Build? For the price, pretty outstanding, puts the RE400 and RE600 to shame. The flat cable may be microphonic for some but I take no issue with it, it's nowhere near as bothersome as the MH1s cable. Can be worn straight down or over the ear.
Flaws? Honestly, I only take some issue with the bass, still too midbass happy despite being tighter than hyped iems like the Fidelio S2 and T-Peos H200. A simple EQ of about 7db solves that problem though, then it's up there with the best of them!
Only 25-30-$ via eBay!
Edited by Inks - 10/17/13 at 11:13pm