or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 119

post #1771 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipperus View Post

Can someone tell me why its such a great feature of the new roxanne to go over 20khz ? I mean I personally cant even hear 18khz... Why is there a need for headphones in general to go above that?

 

 

Because current IEMs have a huge drop in response past 15K (because of rising impedance) and by the time they reach 20K it's basically inaudible. So the point is not really to reproduce all the way to 23K (which again is inaudible), but rather to raise the response between 15-20K, which should be much higher than what current IEMs deliver. And it does wonders because most spatial cues that your brain perceives (sound stage) are in those frequencies, which is why IEMs could never really compete with headphones i.e. HD800, or properly on-axis positioned high end speakers, who's frequency response extends way higher.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

I don't think it's that everyone wants it to go over 20khz, per se, it's just that it's nice to keep the treble response as (relatively-speaking) 'flat' as possible, rather than rolling-off steeply.

 

 

Correct

post #1772 of 8278
Its one of the things that could make FitEar TG334 and MH335DW better... That beautiful Hidition NT6-Pro treble...
post #1773 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Its one of the things that could make FitEar TG334 and MH335DW better... That beautiful Hidition NT6-Pro treble...

 

This is a sincere question:

 

Does the NT6-Pro treble actually extend a long way or is it just that it, perhaps, sounds a bit more sparkly in its presentation and thus gives the subjective impression of extended treble?

 

People also claim the SE-5 has well-extended treble, but I can't help thinking that Jerry wouldn't go to all the bother of using a 3x4 configuration if he could simply extend the treble with 1 or 2 BA tweeters (taking into account impedance issues).

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 12/19/13 at 12:59pm
post #1774 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

This is a sincere question:

 

Does the NT6-Pro treble actually extend a long way or is it just that it, perhaps, sounds a bit more sparkly in its presentation and thus gives the subjective impression of extended treble?

From my NT6, treble does extend well, as good as JH13, not as good as SE5,  so I would say there is mixture of extension, linearity and "brightness" gives the NT6 the reference type of treble. NT6 P of course has more treble/clarity than NT6, so I assume more mid/upper treble?

post #1775 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

From my NT6, treble does extend well, as good as JH13, not as good as SE5,  so I would say there is mixture of extension, linearity and "brightness" gives the NT6 the reference type of treble. NT6 P of course has more treble/clarity than NT6, so I assume more mid/upper treble?

I think so. My NT6 Pro extends better than my 13FPs.
post #1776 of 8278

I think that if you found something that measured truly flat to 20K in and IEM measurement, especially deep insertion types like a custom, the highs would be thin sounding. There's a natural roll off in real air space and your ear canal that looks a lot like the roll off you see in better phones. The bottom dashed line on this graph is a typical canal response but there is always debate of how much bass boost or HF roll is correct. What sounds flat has to do with how we compensate. 

Notice the similarity to the deep insertion Etymotic's target response with both starting to roll at around before 10Khz. 


Edited by goodvibes - 12/19/13 at 3:35pm
post #1777 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

This is a sincere question:

Does the NT6-Pro treble actually extend a long way or is it just that it, perhaps, sounds a bit more sparkly in its presentation and thus gives the subjective impression of extended treble?

People also claim the SE-5 has well-extended treble, but I can't help thinking that Jerry wouldn't go to all the bother of using a 3x4 configuration if he could simply extend the treble with 1 or 2 BA tweeters (taking into account impedance issues).

It does extend better than my 13s, definitely better than my MH335DWs, and slightly higher than my K10s. I think the sparkly highs you're mentioning are more applicable to my K10s
post #1778 of 8278
Have I told anybody here how much I hate anyone with the SE5. My ears will not accommodate them , and they always describe them in a great way. Hehehehe. I do not hate that's a strong word but I am jealous though. Enjoy those se5 ,s as I will never know of there sweet sound. ENJOY THEM. ...
post #1779 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Have I told anybody here how much I hate anyone with the SE5. My ears will not accommodate them , and they always describe them in a great way. Hehehehe. I do not hate that's a strong word but I am jealous though. Enjoy those se5 ,s as I will never know of there sweet sound. ENJOY THEM. ...

 

Well, look on the bright side, it might just turn out that the Roxannes might have more to offer you. We shall just have to wait and see, won't we?

post #1780 of 8278
I know , and I reall am happy for those who have them. I smoke to avg joe once about them too. They really seem to be special . I spent about six months and at the end no way . Ah well. As I think the Roxanne's will be special in there own way , if they ever start shipping them . Maybe I should turn my hate towards JH audio. Lol. Thanks .

Any news on anybody gettin a pair??
post #1781 of 8278
Nada. I constantly email them too :l
post #1782 of 8278
Wow your mean. . They must see you email addy and cringe LOL.
post #1783 of 8278

Well, I emailed them two days ago to see if I could change from CF to acrylic and they said it was too late because mine was already being made. I hope that means they can ship it out... tomorrow. I ordered one-day shipping.

post #1784 of 8278
Wow you might be the first one man to hear them .
post #1785 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisbot View Post

Well, I emailed them two days ago to see if I could change from CF to acrylic and they said it was too late because mine was already being made. I hope that means they can ship it out... tomorrow. I ordered one-day shipping.

Angie wrote me an email 2 days ago and say it's last day to switch and delivery will be on 1st week of jan. I switched.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"